Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Defiance comes with a price EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Defiance comes with a price EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Defiance comes with a price

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

Defiance comes with a price Empty
PostSubject: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Place: Eastern when it was an independent district
Time: Around 200 years from current time.
Setting: Quiet, sometimes the librarian is sorting out books on the shelves
Outfit: Something casual and fitting, a white button up shirt with some grey-ish pants.
Topic to: @Haeven <3

Only a certain amount of time could pass before a change had been noticed and it had come to the attention of the higher ranks that not everyone seemingly did what they were supposed to. It wasnt that he had been defying orders, nothing that could be directly proven either way. It just always seemed that whenever he had to do anything in the likes of harming a seraph, it just wasnt done. The seraph would walk unharmed for their own fortunate luck. If there was anything bad for the orders, it was defiance, even in the smallest amount. Not setting an example would only inspire more and more to follow track and suddenly all that had been worked up to it's current state of greatness would crumble. So first step was to locate the defiant daemon, find out where he or she might be spending most of their time. This one seemed to stick to himself quite a lot, which made him easy to find. Hadnt it been that he was rumoured to be a son of Bael himself, killing him would have been the first impulse. But no, this one had to set straight in a different sense, a way that would still instill horror in those that would feel the need to follow his steps. What better way than to hide the tormentor behind a pretty face?

He was sitting in the library, reading some old book which title had been worn out to the point where it couldnt be read anymore. There was just something about being surrounded by all the ancient and newer literature that was putting an ease on his mind. Truth be told, he had been wondering a lot about the purpose of killing seraphim over and over, following the word of a god that had seemed to turn his back on his own creation? It was a straining thought, purpose. He couldnt bring himself to kill anymore of those goodhearted creatures, even if it was in his blood to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Outfit: Off-white dress with yellow trim and a yellow shawl to match

Haeven was not one to like hurting others, in fact she hated it, but she knew her duties, and she understood her importance in all of this. Her objective for the night was clear; Find the daemon named Bael and make him regain his focus on where his loyalty should be placed. Moving in to the library, she was being looked upon by different men, most only seeing her beauty and not the beast that was underneath. Her summoner swirls showed proudly, a dark grey with symbols of different kinds. They were far from as prominent as the once her target bore, but still rather visible. However the shawl covered them up pretty well. However there was an anomaly with her marks; They reached down her torso and even on to her legs. Something that wasn't seen often among her piers.
Her eyes moved around carefully before she spotted the male she knew she was there for. "Belial," she spoke softly, her voice gentle and almost as if she was a bit unsure of herself. Outside was her handler. The one that would be the brawn in all of this. She walked closer to the summoner, placing a hand on the book he was reading to re-direct his focus to her. "I've been asked to take you with me," she said. Even he should know what that meant. Haeven was regarded as a keepsake for the Order. A female summoner with great results in her work, and a beauty to match. Placing the book down for him, she reached out her hand to him, her own gloved and protected with a soft layer of fabric.
If he joined her, she would lead him outside where a carriage awaited them. The daemon handler nodding and getting up to steer the horses to their location once they had gotten inside. "I'm awfully sorry that it has come to this," she said softly, looking at him as he sat across from her in the carriage. The road outside a little bumpy, but it was manageable. "If you have any questions, I should be able to answer them," she said.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Instead of paying attention to the world around him, he was consumed by the book in his hands and the thoughts in his mind. So as everyone else seemed to look up in awe at the beautiful woman passing through, he kept his eyes on the pages of text. Even as she spoke his name, he failed to react, which some of the more jealous among then huffed about to one another. The hand on the book was what drew his attention, making him look up as he seemed to recognize her, though he had never directly spoken with her. Her words made him frown as he leaned back into his chair, clearly thinking something through. He looked at the hand she offered but got on his feet without taking her hand. "Lead the way," he said as he followed her out.
He looked at the carriage with a dreaded look in his eyes, quite aware that this wasnt something to look forward to. He got in and sat down on the opposite side of her. "Have you ever had your own doubts?" he simply asked, keeping his eyes on the world outside. He looked at her shortly in an analyzing manner before shaking his head and moving his eyes back outside. "Nevermind that," he mumbled rather quickly to dismiss his question. He wanted to ask what was awaiting him, but frankly he thought that no matter what, he wouldnt like the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:06 pm

His words took her a bit off guard, looking at him with disbelief before he seemed to dismiss his question once more. However she had something to say about it anyways. "I guess it's healthy to have doubts, because without them you can't see the real journey that is waiting for us," she spoke quite genuine. Folding her hands in her lap, she looked at the daemon across from her. He was handsome, no doubt in that, but she had never really seen herself attracted to someone. Besides that she was rather busy. The Order took up most of her time, and she knew she was too valuable to just marry off to someone random. "But I believe that Bael has a plan for us ... That we are meant to serve him - even when we doubt him the most," she said. For a daemon she was rather soft-spoken. Perhaps it was her submissive side of being a summoner, or maybe it was something else entirely.
Looking out once more she smiled, the sun was low on the sky. "It's going to be a while before we reach our destination," she said calmly, tilting her head a little to the side as she looked at him. "Why don't you tell me something about yourself," she encouraged him, though she doubted he would trust her with much information. She looked down, hearing the horses neigh outside. Closing her eyes she removed her shawl, showing her marks more prominent, but it was mostly because she felt the relief of not having to hide them.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:20 pm

It was the eyes of disbelief that made him retract, so when she answered anyway, his expression changed to reveal the surprise he felt. Even if her words seemed like something any fanatic would say, it felt good to not just be met with hostility. Because obviously he was far too caught up in doubting to be needing some sort of obey and dont ask questions attitude. He just remained quiet as he watched the scenery pass by, scoffing as she seemed to have more to add. “If that was so, he has yet to show what that plan entails,” he said plainly.
He had to trust her word when she said it would be a while, but he didnt think too much of it. He was more wondering why she had to leave his book at the table when he could have picked up from where he was interrupted; but of course, there were manners to be upheld. Her encouraging words seemed more like a dare to him. He knew he was in trouble, so he had to be mindful of his words. “What do you want to know?” He asked instead, and quite politely in tone. He looked at her marks for a moment as she took of her shawl, but he didnt want to be caught staring so he turned his eyes away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm

The comment made her chuckle lightly, even though he was trying to be bitter or rather serious about it. To her it was actually rather comical; Did he really think they were privileged enough to know their god's plan? She shook her head, covering her mouth as she kept her chuckle until it turned in to a light giggle. In a way she felt rather relaxed, but it was mostly because she was trying not to think about what she was going to do later. "I guess you are right," she said, trying to contain her giggle and not alert her handler too much. She sighed shaking her head a little.
Even though he was trying to hide it, she knew he was looking at her marks. Not that she minded, perhaps because he bore marks very similar to hers. His question made her shrug as she slowly removed her gloves, revealing how far down her marks truly went on her arms. "Like ... What is the other districts like?" she asked with a smile on her face. She had been kept at the temple most of her life, and when she was allowed out, it was always on a set route. "Oh I hope I get to be out until the stars start to show," she said, her eyes a little sad as she looked out at the setting sun. They would probably be done before it was completely set behind the horizon. "Or maybe just anything that comes to mind? Like what was that book you were reading?" She felt like she could go on forever with loads of different questions.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 pm

Her giggle made him wonder what he had said that might sound humorous to her, but he didnt ask. He’d rather just get this over with. Though a part of him wondered why he hadnt just been killed for his insolence; because he had seen other summoners being removed from existence for less. Letting someone doubtful roam around like he was? He knew he was a danger to the orders.
He watched the marks on her hands before he shortly looked at his own, that went all the way to his fingertips, much like hers. It made it very hard to walk barehanded in public but he did it most of the time, it just felt nicer to not have his hands confined in fabric. Her question made him wrinkle his nose but he realized that she probably wasnt out a lot, nonetheless he tried to think of something to tell her about. Her words about the stars made him look at the sky for a second. He could relate to her but only to a certain point because he was afterall granted his freedom once he became a summoner; he imagined it was the opposite for her.
“It’s nothing special. Just a fond memory,” he said as he looked back at her. He made a short sigh and adjusted himself. “Every district has it’s own charm. Northern likes to flaunt it’s riches while western has it’s secret parties. Eastern has it’s collection of art and beauty while south... well South is where you go when you have nowhere else to go,” he explained with a shrug. At this point there wasnt really a central, not in the way there would be in the future.
“So they just keep you in the temple?” He asked, knowing she wanted to hear about him, but his curiousity had been wakened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:19 pm

Her eyes seemed to glimmer slightly as he started to explain the different districts, listening rather intently even if it was just brief descriptions. To her it was like being allowed of the outside. A glimpse of adventure. While to many others, roaming freely was just a part of their lives, hers were much different. Confined to only a few places. Even the library had seemed new and exciting. Then he asked of her confinement, looking down with a sad smile on her lips. "Most of the time, yes - But sometimes Groff takes me to the Woods of Ash," she said, looking back at Baal with a more genuine look in her eyes. "But when they find me a suitable mate, I can go live with him and I won't have to stay at the temple," she said, excitement in her eyes. To many, marriage was viewed as being tied down, but to her it meant a chance at freedom.
Looking outside once more she sighed to herself. It was like she couldn't wait. "I know you might struggle with everything; You wonder what it's all worth, why we do what we do," she spoke from her heart, it was so obvious. "But know that there's an answer ... That the reason that all of this is happening to you right now is for a reason, that you'll come out stronger on the other side," she said.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:41 pm

“I see,” he mumbled as he frowned a little. The sad smile was recognizable because he knew the feeling all too well; even if it was such a long time ago, it surely had had it’s impact on him. The talk of marriage made him sigh. How he hated the thought of how the order was controlling all aspects of a summoner’s life. At least who they could be with and who they couldnt. “Well it will probably be a while before anyone gets assigned any mate. They havent mentioned needing any new summoners for years now,” he remarked, even if it was a bitter truth.
She spoke and he listened as he looked down at his hands. “If it’s meant to be, then why am I being taken back by the order’s well known torturer?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. He folded his arms a little, but it was more a change of posture than being defensive. “What’s going to happen to me then?” He asked, thought he might as well prepare himself a little mentally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 pm

Haeven nodded, knowing that they weren't in need of any new summoners right now. "I know ... But the day will come sooner than I realise," she said with a smile on her face, folding her fingers once more in her lap.
She could understand him being apprehensive, but did he really see her as bad or did he understand her? "Because we want to help you back to us," she said, because that was what she truly believed she was doing. She didn't like hurting anyone, but she had also been told that this was a necessary evil. "I'll try not to be so hard on you ... But I can't just fake it either; Groff will know and it would make it worse on you," not to mention her own torture if she disobeyed. Reaching forward she placed a hand on his crossed arms. "I know you'll hate me after this, and that's alright," most people did anyways, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Even though she knew her reputation of being cold hearted and uncaring, she was actually quite the opposite.
She leaned back, looking up at the roof of the carriage. "Have you ever been with a woman?" She suddenly asked. There was so much innocence in that question, but she was trying to know more about him, even if he didn't want to share. "I mean ... I haven't been with anyone, but I've heard of the stories ... And I'm fairly sure that I won't get the chance to be with anyone for a while," she chuckled. She shook her head. Maybe that question was over the line. "I know, I know ... We summoners are to protect our virtue ..." she sighed, chuckling a bit to herself.
The cart jumped a bit, the road a bit more unstable and she tried not falling over in her seat. "Getting closer," she mumbled under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:38 am

He shook his head when she said she wanted to go easy on him. “That’s a dangerous thing to say considering the position I’m in. It’s better for the both of us if you just do what you’re supposed to do,” he said in all his rational thinking. He knew he was in deep water, it would not be fair to drag her with him. He shook his head as she seemed so certain he would hate her. “I might surprise you,” he said calmly, as he shortly looked down at her hand.
He turned his eyes back outside and noticed how the scenery was starting to look quite familiar. Her question made him raise his brows in surprise as it was not something summoners usually discussed; mostly because it was strictly forbidden. She went on to explain about herself and he looked at her as he leaned his head back just a little. “I’ve tried a few things,” he admitted with a shrug. He felt the bump and grabbed onto the armrest that most definitely felt like the tiniest armrest he had ever had. “Are you curious about what it’s like?” He asked with a small frown, wondering why she was asking exactly that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 am

"I'm much more curious as to if it lives up to the rumors," she said, narrowing her eyes at him. Not because she suspected he was offering himself up, more the fact that he seemed more relaxed. "I guess I won't have a chance to know beforehand, and some of the other daemons either describe it as the best thing in the world, or a pass time," she explained. She only heard the whispers in the temple because she was sneaky enough to hide away. Most of the other daemons seemed to keep their distance to her, either that or they would try and seduce her with no luck.
"I guess you find me childish ... Not knowing of the world and what it entails," she chuckled, not because she actually found it a bad thing. "But in my defence, I am only reaching my 90th birthday this year," she giggled. She was still fairly young compared to those around her. In recent years not many daemons had been born, at least not on purpose.
They turned a corner before the carriage came to a halt. She suddenly looked more serious, but it was mostly the way of hiding emotions that most daemons used. "Whatever you do ... Don't try and fight Groff," she spoke in a low voice. She had seen daemons who tried to fight him be torn apart on the spot. The carriage door swung open, and Haeven gathered her skirt before stepping out. They had reached a nice forrest, a place where the blocks at some time would be build. She looked at the brute of a daemon. Despite only being half bred, he was incredibly strong. Haeven walked over to the horses, giving them a few pats and strokes against their long backs.
"We should get started," Groff muttered. He had a terrible mutter, but the summorness had learned to decipher it pretty well. Walking over to her, he was rather rough in handling her, undoing her corset, making her look down. Poor Baal was probably very confused right now, but she couldn't explain anything to him. Once her dress was off she stood merely in a chemise and a pair of light pantaloons. Groff whispered something in her ear, making shivers appear on her arms as she slowly turned around to look at Baal. "Come to me," she spoke, her voice soft and alluring, reaching her hand out to Baal as if she was about to offer her womanhood to him, however if he did, Groff would grab her arm, holding it firmly between his hands before snapping it like a twig. Haeven barely winced, because the pain didn't befall her, it was Baal who would feel the burning sensation and watch his arm snap in half without them even touching him.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 8:51 am

He shrugged, “They’re not wrong in either,” he said, but frankly he had mostly percieved it as a way to pass time as well. But he could imagine how people in love would feel differently. He didnt think of her as chilidsh, at least not from the short time they had gotten to talk. “In 200 years, you’d probably stop caring what other people might think of you,” he remarked with a small smile on his lips because that was what he had come to realize even when he was still confined to the temples at that time.
The warning as the carriage stopped made him frown, following her out as he corrected his collar and shirt. He looked around and frowned a little. Couldnt really tell where they were, but he guessed that was the point. The brute started undressing the daemoness and Baal frowned in confusion as he watched them. With the prior conversation as well, this just gave him some sort of odd feeling.
She reached out and asked him to come to her, which clearly didnt sit well with him. She was barely dressed as well, only making it more odd for him. He was respectful enough not to stare at her in her undergarments, frowning to himself as he looked at the brute instead. He stepped forward anyway, like he could tell the setting was just some way to transition in to whatever he was brought here for. And well enough, he saw the brute grab her arm and snap it like a twig, to suddenly feel a burning sensation in his own arm as it seemed to have magically copy what had happened to her. Maybe he shouldnt have looked because it was like looking made the pain worse than he could have imagined. Daemons were stronger built than most, so snapping a bone wasnt a common sensation. He gritted his teeth to surpress a scream as he grabbed right above the snapped bone, pressing hard around as he grunted and huffed in pain, concentrating hard as to not just scream and squirm like his body seemed to want him to. The burning pain made cold sweat appear on his forehead, finally looking back at them to notice how unharmed she seemed. “So this is... your power,” he mumbled, clearly in pain if it wasnt showing physically already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 am

Haeven felt bad, mostly because she could see herself in Baal. It was different when she was used on other daemons, but her own kind was a soft spot for her, and Groff was awfully aware. "She's quite useful," the brute said in a cold voice. Haeven looked away, but Groff grabbed her throat, strangling her harshly, and Baal would feel that same restraint in his neck. "Now it is easy, especially when I'm in control of her, the link she has made with you will hold until I tell her otherwise," Groff said, giving a yank to the young woman's body, that would send Baal flying across the meadow.
Haeven's hazel eyes looked almost empty, clearly controlled by the brute. It was just how summoners were handled. "Now the Order does not wish to kill you, which I think is just a waste of time," Groff spoke calmly, letting Haeven down on her feet as he opened a small pouch on his belt. It was a small knife, grabbing the girl's wrist, piercing her arm and slowly sawing at the muscle beneath. It wasn't like Haeven couldn't feel the pain, it was more as if it was dulled when it was transferred to Baal. "Tell us why you feel the need to betray your own kind," he demanded as he kept sawing at the delicate muscle.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:32 am

The brute started speaking and he listened as he kept his main focus on not squirming. The burning pain seemed to quickly pass to just a lingering pain, which made sense considering how his body thought he was in a fight. It was truly remarkable how the body could do that for a daemon, but to his unfortune, that only meant they could take it quite far for his body to reach a numb point. His eyes widened as the brute grabbed her throat but it seemed to be him who couldnt breathe, grabbing at what seemed to be nothing around his throat. That might be what made it all worse, that he was unable to do anything about it.
He was sent flying, landing on his back as all air was slung out of him. He closed his eyes and drew in a breath that sounded more like a soft whistle as he refilled his lungs with air. He moved to his side and then onto his stomach as he pushed himself up to sit, which proved more difficult with only one functional arm. He looked up at them and swallowed while pained noises left his mouth without him being able to control it. He hadnt even noticed the knife at first, watching her wrist get grabbed before the knife pierced her skin. He looked to his own arm, watching the blood begin to flow. He wanted to lift his arm and push the wound together like that would stop it but all he could do was watch and grit his teeth. He closed his eyes, feeling that pulsating pain for every slice that seemed to dig in deeper. The demand made him frown but he didnt move his eyes from the bloody spot on his shirt, “It’s not my intention,” he said in a shaky voice, his face contracting as the knife hit just the right spot. “I’ve lost my way,” he mumbled incoherently through gritted teeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 am

Groff scoffed in a huffing breath, cutting along the muscle now. "Of course you have lost your way ... Why else would you be here," he said in a dismissive voice. He didn't even feel like he was getting his money's worth in all of this.
Haeven looked at Baal, feeling like Groff was already stepping over the line. They had only been sent to scare him a little, rough him up, but it seemed like the brute had different things in mind. Haeven whimpered, and the brute noticed, raising an eyebrow at her. "Would you rather feel the pain?" He asked in a cold tone. Despite how he was acting he did care somewhat for the young daemon, but his orders came higher than his emotions. Haeven didn't answer, making the brute scoff as he drew the knife in further, piercing the skin on the other side of her arm.
Her hazel eyes looked to Baal, and that was when she felt the knife be twisted, the serrated end of it tearing at muscles and nerves. There was no blood to be found dripping from her wounds, as everything seemed to go to Baal in an instant. She would heal rather faster, the bone in her arm already pretty much healed. However her healing would not mend Baal's injuries.
"Why did you betray your brothers and sisters?" Groff demanded to know, knowing he couldn't let the daemon bleed out, even though he really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:05 am

He knew he couldnt do anything but it did feel worse to not even be able to lift his arm and touch the wound that only seemed to get progressively worse. The white sleeve on his shirt wasnt so white anymore, dripping onto the ground below him. The pain was clouding his mind, so the brute’s attempt to get any answer out of him seemed pointless. He knew he would heal from this, but his mind wasnt really thinking further than feeling the knife that wasnt even touching his skin. “Please!” He mumbled, with the pain he couldnt even string a proper sentence together to make out some sort of meaningful words to answer the brute.
He felt the pressure travel and the fact that he felt that pressure release as another hole was made through his arm was just a whole different sense of fucked up. The twist made him finally squirm, falling onto his back as he screamed in pain. “I’ve never betrayed them!” He said as clear as he could, squirming unwillingly whenever the serrated side got a good grab on the tissue. “I’ve doubted and spared lives but I’ve never not done what was asked of me!” he screamed, his body shaking as the pain seemed to never end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Haeven could hear his plea, but this was what she was made to do - at least if you asked those in control of her. "You did betray them! For every life spared our enemies grow stronger!" Groff barked, removing the knife for her arm, making the young daemon hug her arm to her. Despite it not hurting as much, it took a lot of focus to keep the pain targeted on Baal. She felt a little dizzy, the stench of blood making her feel like it was enough. "I can't much more," she pleaded with her handler, making the brute scoff in dismissal. "I'll tell you when you're done," he said calmly before looking at Baal once more.
"You have doubted your creator, your leaders and you say you haven't betrayed your kind," he said. Shaking his head he stepped closer, stepping on Baal's arm that was broken, applying enough pressure for the bone to dig into his sore flesh. Haeven felt her eyes water, but she couldn't show this now, stepping closer as Groff dug his heel into the dirt. She placed a hand on the brute's arm, looking at him with a pleading look. He scoffed ashe stepped off of the daemon's arm.
"Belial," Haeven said in a careful voice, looking at what she knew was her fault. She had hurt so many. Been the voodoo doll of so many terrible deaths and tortures. "I can't heal you ... but I can make you feel numb," she whispered. Perhaps numbness was better than pain? Groff seemed to hear, snaring as he grabbed the young daemon by the neck, lifting her up as she whined. "You'll do no such thing," he said, forcing her to look at Baal. "This is your destiny if you keep trying to ask more questions,," he warned her in a low murmur. Haeven swallowed, looking down in defeat. "Belial you have been ordered to be confined to the temple for the next few years; clearly freedom has had a negative effect on you," Groff said.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:23 pm

The knife was removed and the pain soon dwelled down, but he felt exhausted at this point. The brute’s bark was ringing in his head. “They havent attacked us in over a hundred years. What forces are they growing?” He asked defiantly as he closed his eyes and hoped that his wounds would start healing soon. He could feel how his arm was bleeding, due to the knife having kept it open for long enough to make him lose a good amount of blood; Nothing critical but he definitely felt that drowsiness. The brute stepped closer and Baal felt the anger inside him boil as he once again was called a betrayer. He looked up only to see the foot step down on his broken arm, making him grit his teeth to surpress another scream from leaving his lips. His eyes were gleaming with anger as he felt so useless. One arm, he couldnt use due to it being broken, the other was battling to recover from the severed muscle. He looked to Haeven as she called his name. He could tell she felt some sort of remorse, though in his eyes she couldnt be at fault.
He felt so drowsy and tired and in pain, but he wasnt really ready to just lie down and roll like an obidient dog. He pushed himself up carefully, gritting his teeth as that meant using either of his arms for support. The way he spoke to Haeven just made something click in him. The brute seemed to throw out the sentence that had been laid on him, but the daemon just spat at him before he got a cocky smile on his lips, despite the situation he was in. “You’d be better off killing me now,” he challenged him, but a part of him knew that that wasnt possible. He just knew he wouldnt accept going back to the temple even if that only meant getting a good beating before being dragged off to the inevitable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Perhaps it was too stupid to even start believing she could do something to help the situation, but she had been trying to do something. Groff had caught her, and she knew what that meant once they returned to the temple. Chores and hard labor was ahead for her, and maybe it was for the better before she started to think like Baal did. She watched as the summoner got to his feet, although she could tell he was a bit unstable on his legs. She shook her head as he spoke of death. "You don't get to decide your fate, summoner," Groff barked in anger, kicking the daemon backwards, wether he fell or not mattered little. He placed Haeven back on her feet, but instead of doing anything rash, he seemed to calm down, grabbing her throat once more, however this time it was with a clear intent. He knew that her and Baal were still linked, and this would surely shut him up for a few weeks. He squeezed, making a clicking sound appear at the throat and squeezing the vocal chords until they strained enough for him to speak.
Once that was done he had a smirk on his face, because now he at least didn't have to listen to him complain as they hauled him back to the temple. Heaven heaved for air, her vision blurry as she had already taken more than she could handle for the day. She fell to her knees, her small body shaking as she was trying to recover as fast as possible, but it would take a few days before she would be truly useful again. Part of her hated not being useful, it made her scared that the Order would deem her unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 4:21 pm

The kick sent him back on the ground with a thump, frowning as he felt a little used to the pain at this point. Maybe the brute was right, but that didnt stop him from trying. He would have expected getting kicked senseless or something of the likes but then the daemon reached out for Haeven once more. He felt the pressure on his own throat till something seemed to snap, making his eyes sting as the pain felt very different. He let out a gutteral sound of sorts that could have been a scream but the damage was done. Like everything else it would heal, which made him wonder why he was being spared once again. He looked to Haeven, seeing her struggle made him realize that his actions werent only affecting him. So he stopped fighting it and struggled to get back up so he could follow them back to the carriage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Groff seemed satisfied for now, gathering Haeven's otherwise beautiful dress from the ground and throwing it in to the carriage before lifting the daemoness in. The dark-haired young woman was clearly exhausted, and as the summoner followed suit and went in to the carriage as well, he nodded approvingly. Baal's torment was far from over, but he couldn't use Haeven for a good while now.
The ride back felt terrible for the female summoner, feeling the extent of the torture more clearly, but she was afraid to look at Baal. She knew that she was responsible, even if he didn't believe it. Even though the road was bumpy, she managed to stay awake, laying on the seat as her body was trying to recuperate with the amount of pressure it had been under.

Days turned in to weeks and Haeven had come to herself mostly again. People were whispering in the hallways of the temple, saying that the reason she was so battered was because she was losing her powers. Somehow she was starting to believe it, scared of what might await her. She was cleaning up one of the altars, spreading a fresh new offering for Bael, wearing a much more simple dress, one that hid her marks rather well. Her hair she had tied up in a knot at the back of her skull, keeping it away from her face as she was leaned over a large ceremonial bowl filled with old blood. It was starting to reek, so she was removing it and cleaning it out.
She had far from forgotten about Baal, actually she had kept a good eye on him. Somehow she had managed to sneak in a book for him, the one he had been reading at the library when she picked him up, but she didn't know if he understood who it was from. She was still much to scared to approach him, and seeing as his voice had been broken, she had tried not to aggravate and ruin his healing process.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:21 pm

He definitely wasnt enjoying his time back at the temple. Mostly because he wasnt even allowed to do anything or see anyone while his arms and throat were recovering, at least not for more than a few hours. Once in a while a soul vial was slipped under the door to let him feed himself. But his arm being snapped back in place was something he had had to do on his own. It had taken a few tries to get it right, but even then, he wasnt exactly educated on the matter. He just had to hope.
One day he found the book from the library and he knew who it was from the moment he saw the old and torn cover. A small smile appeared on his lips as he at least wouldnt be left to boredom anymore. He was sorting out some valuables from former sacrifices, mostly just picking apart and sorting two piles, one for the trash and one to sell. He already hated being back here, because he knew that once his muscle had sorted itself out, the real work would begin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Haeven was fairly strong, at least as strong as her fellow summoners, but most of her strength was usually used when she was out training with Groff. She was passing one of the altar rooms as she spotted him. A knot tying in her stomach as she looked down in shame, however she needed to get something from the room. Walking in she remained mostly silent, going over to a wall where a metal knife hung; she would need it to scrape off the blood gunks at the bottom of her bowl. "Greetings," she spoke softly, trying to remain calm and collected. Her hazel eyes looked to his green, that was if he even looked in her general direction.
She frowned at herself and her actions once more. "Sorry ... I just needed this," she said, holding up the knife carefully. The knife was dull, it couldn't cut the flesh, not even that of a human, but it was a great cleaning tool, especially for wax that the candles often spilled everywhere. She fiddled with it for a moment, seeing the pile he was sorting. "The offerings are getting smaller and smaller," she said with a small frown, squatting down and touching a few of the trinkets left as offerings for the temple and Bael alike. "When I was just a little girl they used to have at least ten daemons sorting out the offerings," she sighed. She was saddened by it, mostly because she was a genuine believer. However living at the temple she had nothing to offer except her work. But she wanted to do more, she wanted to give back to this place that had been her home for so many years now.  
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:44 pm

It was true that the piles were getting smaller and smaller. But he knew it was due to the changing times. Daemons werent offering enough and killing innocents was getting harder and harder. Her greeting made him look up as he looked towards her, lifting a hand on the arm he was allowed to use instead of straining his voice. He looked at the knife and recognized it from the times he had used it. It was interesting how some tools never seemed to change through the years. He nodded at her words about the piles, letting out a short sigh.
He shrugged at the mention of how piles used to be, looking down for a bit. It felt hard to communicate without a proper voice, so he had to be mindful of what words he used. “I’m not angry,” he said in a very strained tone, obviously still struggling to speak. “Thanks, for the book,” he added, coughing a little afterwards as he felt an itch in his throat that he wouldnt be able to reach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defiance comes with a price   Defiance comes with a price Empty

Back to top Go down

Defiance comes with a price
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next