Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
These Heartaches within me EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
These Heartaches within me EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
These Heartaches within me EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

These Heartaches within me

Go down 
Ace

Ace

Full name : Alister Harvey

These Heartaches within me Empty
PostSubject: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 3:44 am

@Margot <3

He didnt really know where else to find her. She wasnt at her regular spots and that was a concern of it’s own. When he had first met the human and heard what he had to say, he forst thought it was some kind of joke but then it all seemed to make sense. Margot wasnt doing well, even if the human wouldnt specify and asked the brute to figure out on his own.
He had showed up at the flowershop where he knew Ezra worked. To make matters even more awkward, it turned out that Ezra wasnt even at work that day, so there stood Ace in the middle of all kinds of botanic creation. On top of that, ot turned out that the daemoness in the wheelchair was there to recognize Ace right away. But he was refusing to go anywhere before either Margot or Ezra would be showing up. Iola a little confused and concerned sent them both a message.

[Iola:] Ace is at the flowershop. He wont leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 5:32 am

Ezra got the message and he felt like he was fuming with anger, running down stairs and out to the front of the shop before he stopped by Iola's side. Why was this asshole so insistent on showing up at the worst times? "How can we help you today?" he asked in a bitter yet clearly mocking costumer service voice. Gritting his teeth he placed his hand on Iola's shoulder, as if that would ground him some way. He wasn't normally an angry person, but seeing the state that Margot was in right now just made him act differently than normal.
"I've finally gotten her to sleep, so maybe come back some other day ... Or not at all," he hissed. He was rather protective of Margot, even though he hadn't known her as long as it felt like. He walked around the disk, to the door and held it open for the daemon, his eyes cold.
Just then Margot's scream could be heard echoing from the house, and Ezra gritted his teeth, letting go of the door to just run inside again. This was how he spent his days off, and it was taking a toll on him, but he was not giving up on her yet. At this point he didn't even care if Ace followed, he just needed to get to her. Getting up to his room under the roof, he pulled Margot in to his arms as she sobbed. Her nightmares had increased, and it was clear from the bags under her eyes. "It's alright," he cooed her, but the human was visibly shaking.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Margot hadn't been doing good. She tried pushing away sleep but it always caught up with her, however when she finally slept she was haunted by nightmares. Horrible dreams where she couldn't escape, where she was all alone and no-one was there as she was pushed away and in to the deep abyss. Other times she dream of him, but just thinking his name cut her heart so deep that she felt like combusting.
And then there was the whole headache with Benjamin. He constantly called, trying to apologize, or seek out the flower shop and nag Ezra or Iola to see her. But Margot didn't want to see him. She didn't want to see anyone, but she also knew that Ezra would never just leave her be alone in this time. She had been texting more with TJ, even seen him for a movie, but it was like even he couldn't mend her broken heart.
Last but not least there were her intrusive thoughts, almost like whispers in her ear to give in. She had had them before when she was much younger, but being around TJ back then had helped her get out of it. Now she just felt like a lowlife. The label was constantly pushing her to finish her EP, but she wasn't satisfied with the songs she had recorded. She wanted them to be better, she wanted them to make other people feel the despair in her mind, but it was like she couldn't get the sound just right. She felt out of tune, and while Iola had tried, Margot hadn't picked up her guitar in weeks.
Now here she was, sleeping in Ezra's bed before she had another nightmare, screaming out just to feel her vocal chords strain, awakening confused and alone before the mythical came in and cradled her. However every time she just felt that sinking feeling in her chest. The knowledge that it would never be the demon who would come to wake her from her bad dreams.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:36 pm

"Oh shut the fuck up, just for once Garth. I'm just here to talk to her," he clarified rather aggressively, eyeing the mythical. Though knowing that Margot had nightmares again wasnt exactly a comforting thought. He felt like he was to blame for it, which he probably was partly. It hadnt always been a joyride, the two of them but there had been a stability in their relationship regardless of it all. And Ace really did love her with all his heart, even now when it didnt seem like things between them could work out.
The scream made him frown and as the mythical went ahead, he followed. It wasnt even like a given moment for thought, his body just sort of moved on his own because he knew it was her and she was in distress. He would always come to her aid even if it was inconvenient for the both of them.
He stood in the door as Ezra went to her, feeling unsure whether he should say something or not. But he just felt like he couldnt just stand there and do nothing. He sighed deeply through his nose like he needed a moment to muster up the courage. "Margot?" he called quietly, feeling his heart ache from just saying her name. He thought he would be used to it by now, but he probably never would be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am

Ezra just pulled her close as she started sobbing. they hadn't even noticed Ace following, and they had actually thought the brute might not have cared enough to follow. He sure had acted like that, at least in the eyes of the mythical. However as the daemon spoke, they felt a cold shiver run down their back with pure anger. Their eyes turned away from Margot, looking at the brute in the doorway, opening their mouth to say something as they felt the human in his arms tug at them.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am

Margot felt like she was still dreaming, crying there in Ezra's arms, but then she heard her name. The sound of his voice was so familiar, so soothing, and she hated it. She hated that he still had this power over her, that he could still make her feel a longing for him. She could feel Ezra tensing up, but the last thing she needed was any more people fighting for her. She needed to stand up for herself. "Ezzy ... Will you go grab some tea?" she mumbled, her voice soar but not broken.
Ezra got up reluctantly and left the room, passing Ace with a hard stare in the doorway before going downstairs. Margot sat up on the bed, her blonde hair messy, as she rubbed her face free of tears. She didn't need him, she told herself, she was strong enough on her own. "What do you want Alister?" she asked, looking at him, but her eyes betrayed her as she couldn't help but look at him a little helplessly. There was just no use in trying to be angry. She felt defeated.
Scooting over, she made place for him on the bed if he was even coming closer, but she wouldn't hold it against him if he stayed put.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Had it been any other day, seeing Garth almost squirm with anger would have made Ace so happy. But knowing that it was now because of Margot’s well being, it felt more sour than sweet. However he wasnt going to cower from someone giving him the stink eye, so as the mythical passed him he kept his eyes on his, as if there was some silent war of who could stare the longest till the mythical left the room. But Garth leaving only meant that it was now him and Margot. He looked back at her, even if she looked a bit of a mess, he still found her so beautiful. Even if her hair had changed, he could still recognize the girl he had seen at the bar the night they met.
He ignored her question at first as he went over to the bed, but he didnt sit next to her. He sat on the side of the bed, so he wouldnt have to face her initially. But he probably had to at some point. He stared at some randon item in Garth’s room. She was really the only one that could call his name, his real name and get away with it. “Your friend... T.J went to see me. I was close to pubching his teeth in, but what he said made a lot of sense,” he explained, folding his hands sortly because he didnt know what else to do with them. He looked to her. “I know that things arent bettering for you,” he then said, looking at her with quite a serious expression. He unfolded his hands and reached out carefully to move some hair out of her face. “I know that we’re in a weird spot. But I also know that right now, I’m possibly the source to all this and the only way you can get better is if we work things out, even if that ends up with us just being friends.... or nothing at all,” he said, though it made his heart sting.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm

As he sat down she was at first a little surprised, but having him near was also the most familiar thing to her in this world. She looked down, picking at her purple nail polish that was already chipping. Even when she tried, she wanted something of him near to remind her of happiness. He had taken her happiness with him, as if he had just plucked it out of her chest. With Benjamin it had felt like it was starting to come back, but now every time she even thought about that guy her body reacted with fear. She could feel the goosebumps rising on her arms, and she pulled the duvet closer to hide them.
Breathing out in a heavy sigh she shook her head. Of course TJ had gone to him, did he really have another choice? She hadn't really been acting like herself at the movie theater, and of all people TJ just had to act on it. Ezra of course refused to do anything about it, but he also didn't know what it was like for someone like her.
Looking up at him as he moved some of her hair, she felt her heart flutter, which ultimately made her feel guilty and look away. "You don't want to be friends, and you've made that very clear ... You also don't want to be with me, which is also stone cold clear by now," she said, pulling the duvet up closer around her. She felt a little delusional, not really sleeping properly. "Alister, you made your choice for us, I didn't get a say and therefor there's nothing to talk about," she said, suddenly feeling a little underdressed. She had never felt that way around Ace, she had always been rather secure in how she looked around him, but being in one of Ezra's old t-shirts and the only make up on her face was from a few days ago and rather smudged. Wasn't she supposed to show that she was the strong and independent one? That she could handle herself, despite her heart aching so much right now. "So really ... Stop this bullshit; You don't want me, and I'm just trying to deal with that acceptance in my own way."
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 6:25 pm

He knew what he had said and how he probably still meant it. But a part of him also wanted to look at the situation from a rational point of view. It was uncommon for Ace to ever chose rationality, but it was only because all this was revolving around her safety. It tore at his heartstrings just to sit this near her, but he also knew that something simple as him just being near her had helped so much in the past. The times they would argue and things would get so heated that none of them wouldnt even speak a word to the other. Those times where she wouldnt storm out and he would sit down behind her and feel their backs press slightly together. He missed those times. Wished that it was just how it could be now. Sit and wait for the emotions to dwindle down and then talk things through in a calmer tone.
But even if he knew what he had said and done, hearing her say it all over just made him bite his tongue and keep his words to himself. He looked away and down and nodded a few times, because she was right to some extent. "I've known you for far too long to know that you dealing with this on your own has never been a good fucking idea," he said with a sigh, looking up but not at her. "And I dont know who T.J is, he could be some nobody for all I care. But what he said made sense to me," he said shrugging a little. "This sucks for me too. I want nothing more than for you to be happy," he said, knowing it was probably a broken record by now. Then again, Ace hadnt ever been the knowledgeable on a broad vocabulary. "Can you please just tell me what the fuck I can do that would make things better for you? Anything!" he almost pleaded but with Ace that meant aggression over desperation.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 10:23 pm

He was right. Relatively to TJ they hadn't known each other for long, but when it came to everything else, Ace knew everything about her. Of course he didn't know everything, but he was damn near close. And her dealing with this herself was not a good idea, but she was still trying to stay determined of her choice. There was so much she wanted to tell him, the first thing on her list was to tell him to fuck off. But she didn't really want to say that. She wanted to push him away until there really was no turning back, but she also wanted to fall in to his arms and hold herself close. She loved him, she had even told him that with much struggle, but it hadn't been enough - so would it ever be enough?
Hearing the aggression in his voice she suddenly felt that rush in her stomach. That emotion she always got when they were fighting or in a heated discussion. That burning passion that had fueled the both of them. She was quiet for a while, silent as she thought it through. "You remember that diner where you fed me?" she asked, but of course he did. They had never really gone back there, mostly because it was in a part of town they didn't frequent anymore. "I want to have a meal, a real meal ... I want you to take me to the motel you dropped me off at afterwards ... And then I want you to stay with me while I get some sleep," she said, climbing out of bed, pulling down on the oversized shirt before grabbing her pants and her hoodie. She knew Ace hated that hoodie because it was so old and torn, but she needed that comfort more and more.
"So, is that agreeable or too much to ask?" her question coming out a little cold, but she just needed to know if he was being real in all of this. She pulled her hair out of her face, setting it in a messy ponytail as it was just easier to manage this way. The weather outside was fairly decent, but she also knew with her luck it would probably start snowing or raining later.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyFri May 21, 2021 2:13 am

Sure, neither of them had probably ever thought that they were going to break up, but even though they were both pretty shit at coping, Ace wasnt going to let her give up on herself that easily. Looking down with his teeth grinding like he was trying to pulverize the air, he waited for her answer. He wasnt leaving without one, that was a definite no on that one. He nodded at her question but a thoughtful expression fell over his face as he remembered the diner all too well. It was how their story had begun after all. She stated her terms and he seemed a little distant in mind as he considered it. Lifting a hand to rub his chin, he looked at her as she asked, the cold tone not bothering him all too much. “Alright, if it ‘s what you need,” he then said.

Going down to the car he let her prepare what she needed for the ride. He felt eyes on him and turned his head to see the chick in the wheelchair. “You’re making this harder on the both of you.” She just said, Ace furrowed his brows in annoyance and grit his teeth a little. “Oh shut the fuck up and take your training wheels somewhere else. This is none of your business,” the daemon hissed but Iola seemed unfazed. “She deserves love. And stability. Someone who will love her unconditionally,” she just said. Ace grimaced in anger and stepped closer to the daemoness. As sweet as she could be, she was not afraid to stand up for the people she loved, even against a brute. “Make sure she gets her resolution. No loose ends,” she added before she rolled off like she had never spoken to him.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptySat May 22, 2021 12:05 pm

As Margot packed her shit and got signed out of the hospital, she was feeling a little weird. Getting her phone to turn on she saw all the messages that Ezra had sent. Along with pleadings from Benjamin. She decided not to reply to them, it wouldn't change her mind about what she was about to do. She kept telling herself that she just needed one night with Ace, just one good rest and then they could part where it had all began.
Coming out to the car she could see that Ace was fuming. "What's wrong? You got a parking ticket?" She asked, but she didn't see any paper in the window. Opening the trunk of his car she placed her bag, just so she didn't have to sit with it during the ride. It wasn't far but she didn't want to sit with everything. "C'mon," she mumbled, getting in the passenger seat up front, looking out the front window with a blank stare. Her eyes were baggy from bad sleep, her body clearly having taken a toll, and it wasn't just her beaten up face. Her head still felt like it was spinning slightly and as the car started, she had to place her hand on the hand hold just to feel somewhat stable.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyMon May 24, 2021 2:08 am

He was definitely fuming after Iola had left and as Margot pointed it out he just grunted some words that didnt really make sense in return. Because what good would it do to repeat what the daemoness had said? He just stood for a moment and tried to calm himself down, but then her mumble and the small slam of the door brought him back to reality. He got in at the driver’s seat and started the car. He hadnt expected them to sit in silence as he drove to the diner but at the first red light he came to, it got him annoyed. He turned on the music player and it was some disc that Margot had put together before it had all gone to shit. He just remembered that the first song was his favorite, nodding his head a little to the beat of it as they headed for the destination. He even hummed along at some parts, but he was so shit at singing that he usually just mumbled the words in the wrong tone of voice, as only expected from someone who’s voice was deep and ill suited for songs that relied on melodies. He knew she had used to crack up whenever he sang back then, how he’d look at her and ask why she was laughing only to be met by a No no, just keep going that always made him stop for a bit and then inevitably do it again once she stopped chuckling. Maybe he was doing it now on purpose to see how she would react.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyMon May 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Sitting with him in his car felt so nostalgic, and as he put on the music she was a little surprised at the fact he had kept the CDs. It had just been something she had thrown together, and as he started to sing along in gibberish she couldn't stop herself from smiling. Looking down she was fiddling with one of the broken strings of her hoodie. "You would think you'd know the words by now," she chuckled, reaching over to turn up the music. She began singing with him, trying to match his gibberish words that meant nothing, but just singing them out made her feel better in a way.
As the song changed, she laughed, leaning back in her seat, turning her head to look out at the world passing by. "What we had was real, right?" she said, sighing a bit to herself as she was still smiling slightly. She had thought about it a lot, thought about how they could've ended much sadder than they had, or perhaps even hating each other. But she didn't hate him, and she knew why. It was because no matter how much she tried, he would always hold a piece of her heart, and she just had to accept that. "You were right about Benjamin ... It didn't feel the same, it felt good, but it wasn't the right feeling I got when I looked at him," she sighed. She couldn't believe she was talking to her ex about an ex, but hey, life was weird that way. "I think I just need to focus on myself for a bit, focus on my music ... Finish that record," she said, shaking her hair and making it puff up a bit. Chuckling she just looked ahead and out the window, reaching over to turn the heat down a little, grazing his hand on the gearshift.
Placing her hand on top of his, she helped him change the gears, like she had done a million times before letting go. "But I miss you Ace ... You'll always be the one that got away to me."
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:34 pm

"Fuck you, I'm singing it perfectly," he said with a soft chuckle leaving his lips, clearly joking. In all honesty, he loved the song but he kept forgetting the words no matter how many times he'd be hearing it. But her singing along only made his smile grow as he felt a little more confident in his half-words half-mumble as he started drumming a little on the steering wheel. It felt good. In a way it hadnt felt like in a long. When the song was over, he looked into the side mirror on his side, unable to hide the happy smile that spread on his lips for a small moment. Her words made him sigh. "Yeah, we did," he agreed.
It was like singing that little song had removed all tension from Ace's side, making him finally relaxed and somewhat talkative. "Well I'm sorry it didnt work out," he said sincerely. It was definitely weird for him too, thinking of someone that Margot had wanted to see romantically at some point. His possessive side didnt want to allow it, but he forced himself to. "Are you getting any closer to that?" he asked, glancing at her as he was clearly interested. He noticed her hand and blinked a bit in surprise as she placed her hand over his, but he didnt move his hand away, kind of just behaved as normal as he did every time she had done that in the past. When she let go and spoke again his expression clearly changed to hurt for a second as he nodded. "Yeah..." he mumbled. He could understand what she was feeling like. Soon they arrived at the diner and he parked the car, holding the door as they went inside.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:54 pm

"I don't know, I feel like every time I finish a track I feel like I'm acting ungrateful ... Like I should be working harder, you know?" but she was always like that with her music. She had a burning passion for it, even one that her producers found strange. But at least they let her have her creative freedom. "I've actually had an offer on a light feature on someone else's song once my album is out, which is kinda crazy," she admitted, scoffing as she felt like it was weird to think how this had all started. She couldn't have done it without Ace's support, that was for sure.
As he parked the car she got out, curtseying for him as he opened the door for her, entering with a chuckle, taking the spot they had been in what felt forever ago. The waiter came over, and she ordered a steak with a salad on the side. How things had changed, huh? "And he'll have a coke zero," she said, pointing to Ace with her thumb. The waiter looked a little confused as they seemed like a rather odd couple but he simply nodded and got to it. Turning her eyes back to look at Ace, she bit her lower lip slightly. "Your gift," she said, digging in to her pocket and sliding a jewelry box over the table for him. "Isn't it funny how things get sentimental?" she scoffed looking down and playing with one of the napkins. Inside the jewelry box would be a silver guitar pick necklace, his initials engraved with a small star next to it. "I had them redo it without my initials," she explained, swallowing because it had been a bit expensive to change the order, but she didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue May 25, 2021 9:01 am

Expecting Margot to not fixate and be hellbent on going up and beyond was pretty much the same as hoping for good weather on a day where it clearly wouldnt be. But he liked that about her because it only seemed to motivate her to constantly evolve and not just stay at one point. “It is crazy. But you also deserve it, with all the hard work you’ve put in. It’s only fair that it’s starting to really pay off,” - “Also, you’re stubborn as fuck, and I know that you’ll never be satisfied with the album, even if it’s gonna be a major blast once it drops,”
Stepping into the diner was nostalgic but he also realized how they had moved from that starting point. And how it seemed to be coming to an end now. He wasnt going to lie, that was pretty hurtful to think about. If only he wasnt this stubborn and sure that she could find way better. He had helped her build herself up and make a career and now she could probably get just anyone she wanted.
He let Margot handle the order, folding his hands on the table as he looked at the human for a bit before looking out the window. It was weird during the day, to not see empty streets that were fully silent. There was also some people inside the diner unlike last time.
The mention of a gift made hin frown a little curiously before she laid out the jewelry box. He grabbed it and looked at the box before opening it. “Yeah, funny,” he said a little distant as he looked at the necklace. It was very pretty and he definitely felt a little sentimental looking at it. “This couldnt be cheap. Margot..” he said but she probably wouldnt hear it. Sighing deeply he looked back at it, pulling it out before placing it around his neck. “Thank you,” he said, frowning a little. He felt a little bad because he hadnt brought the gift he had been working on for her, but he also hadnt touched it since the breakup.
The waiter brought the food a little fast considering it was supposed to be a little busy at this hour. “Wow, they dont want people to linger, huh?” He chuckled, grabbing his drink to take a sip off the straw. Of course there was a straw and of course he was going to use it.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyTue May 25, 2021 12:21 pm

She didn't really know what she had expected, but that he actually placed it around his neck made her smile. Ace didn't just do things to please her and he only wore what he wanted to, so him just putting on this jewelry, even if it was bittersweet, was a good thing to see. "It suits you," she said, shrugging off the fact that he had thanked her. What was there to thank her for? Keeping that necklace would only make her regret not giving it to him, and the money had already been spent. She wouldn't call herself a cheapskate, but she was resourceful, so spending money on something that had no use except looking nice was a bit out of her box. "It's meant to be like a ... Good luck charm or whatever," she said, looking down at the napkin. She wanted to say that she hoped he would still be rooting for her. That he would look at the necklace and maybe think of her. But it was too selfish for her to say, so she didn't.
Their food was brought over and she was rather surprised, mostly because last time they had waited a while for the food. Or maybe it had just been the fact that she had been starving back then. Turning to look at her steak, it at least looked decent. "I guess it's because of the curfew ... They probably have staff that has to leave early to get home," she pondered. Churchill had changed, and part of her thought it was a good sign not to linger around the town for too long. Her management had set her up with a nicer studio overseas, where they thought her sound would have a bigger chance at success. She was going to leave in a couple of weeks, but she hadn't told anyone. Mostly because it felt like a goodbye. "I'm a fast eater anyways," she said, smiling as she dug in to her food. In between chewing she found time to talk more casually with Ace. Talking about how she was planning on moving out of Ezra's place, without mentioning where she was going of course, and even talking about this new pedal for her guitar. "It has a distinctively more rustic sound, you know, like the old records you have," she tried explaining, but she wasn't sure he knew what she meant.
After finishing up her meal she leaned back with a smile on her face and a hand on her stomach. She didn't feel too full, which was nice because she didn't have to worry about her next meal. "I'll pay this time around," she said as the waiter came around. They really weren't letting people linger. Paying in cash she got up from her seat if he had finished his soda as well. She could feel her heart race a little, because she knew what she had asked for next. But she didn't know if her heart could handle it. "Do you want to go for a little walk before checking in?" she asked, maybe because she was stalling a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyWed May 26, 2021 2:43 am

“Of course it fits, you chose it. You know what looks real good, you always have?” he argued because it only made perfect sense to him. It was why he had had no problem with just putting it on right away. He was certain she knew what suited him better, more than he ever would. Like when she had told him to get the purple streaks in his hair, only that he hadnt gone and gotten it fixed in a while now. “It’s a great charm,” he agreed, pulling at it to look at it for a bit before letting it go and fall down onto his chest. He was sure some people were going to think he knew how to play the guitar but that would probably only be fun.
He was unable to not look surprised at the fact that the diner was working so fast. Margot’s assumption seemed fine. It hadnt really gotten bad at this time though, just a few unknown incidents in South that no one really understood. He took another sip of his diet beverage, chuckling at her remark about being a fast eater. She was right about that, that was for sure. He listened as she went on to talk about things in her life. But the pedal stuff made him raise his eyebrows both curiously and confused. “So like old or what?” He tried but he didnt even know what old was supposed to be.
Once she was done, he was ready to pay but then she stopped him. He nodded and chuckled. “Alright, so it’s not going to be a complete recap,” he joked. He had finished his soda somewhere while she was eating, so he was ready to go. Outside he hummed at her question and then nodded. “Sure, let’s go for a walk,” he said, sending her a soft smile. He was kind of forgetting the whole point of this arrangement so that was why he loosened up quite a bit. But maybe it was good because he was far more talkative, telling all about some of his own plans. Such as wanting to buy a dog but being completely unsure of which kind to get. “And I’d have to get him a babysitter too because I would want him to get those three walks a day that a dog needs,” he said, really having thought it through which was sometimes quite a rare phenomenon for Ace.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyWed May 26, 2021 3:28 pm

"Yeah, old," she chuckled. It always had to be simple with Ace, but that was always something she had loved. It didn't have to be described to the smallest details, he just needed to get the gist of it. She did however go on to mention a couple of songs that had the particular sound that she was trying to describe, hoping that he had listened to at least one to understand better. Or else she had a hunch that he was mentally writing the songs down to listen to them later. Either way worked for her.
Once outside they just started walking. The weather was decent, but still a bit too cold to call it summer or even spring. But they made do, and with her hoodie, it just seemed easier to keep warm. The mention of a dog made her smile, nodding a few times. "I would've offered myself, but I'm leaving Churchill in a few weeks, so I can't really help there," she said, just to get it out there. Then maybe he could understand why she needed this last night. It was just to put a nice ribbon around what they had used to be, and the sad fact that Ace couldn't be her friend. That made her think. "Do you still don't think we could be friends?" she asked, knowing it wasn't a happy topic to talk about, but she just had to ask. Maybe it was better if he said they couldn't, that way she would have nothing tying her down in that sense. But she wasn't thinking rationally, rather her heart was trying to take over the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptyThu May 27, 2021 1:28 am

“Oh well, if you’re working on your album, it’s probably best to get away from all this chaos, right?” He tried because he could feel his own heart break a little at the thought of her being gone. Maybe he should have been more surprised or tell her not to go, but in the end, he did think it was best for the two of them to just be apart.
That’s why her next question was so tricky. It could either open the door or leave it halfway closed. He scratched his neck and then made a small smile at her. He had to be rational and at least tie a knot for her sake. “No. Uh not now at least. Maybe someday in the future, when things have calmed down and we’re not trying to end things like now,” he said but he wasnt even sure he believed hos own words. He had never kept in contact with any of his exes, but none of them had been like Margot. Margot really was someone special that he was just letting go like the madman he was. “We can keep in touch. I’d like to know how it goes with your album and such,” he then said to make the mood a little better but it also did sound like something that probably made sense in the moment but once they parted, neither of them would do it. Simply because it would hurt too much to keep in contact.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me EmptySat May 29, 2021 10:41 am

"Yeah, it's going to be good; But I'm gonna miss it here and everyone I know," she breathed out. She knew it was the right decision to get away and just focus on her art, but it also felt weird to not be able to just call Ezra or Iola and hang out.
Not right now. That was it then, right? Everything between them over and who knew if they would ever get to be friends. It just felt weird. This whole last year had been some of the best in her life, well excluding the breakup. "I'll send you a signed copy," she joked, but she felt her heart sting. It was better this way, but it didn't make it suck any less.
Eventually they had walked in a big circle, chatting back and forth; Ace about which breed of dog he was looking for and Margot trying to hum a few melodies for him to hear a sneak peak of what was going through her mind with a few songs. But then they ended up at the motel. Looking at the glass door to the reception, she felt determined. Getting a room was nice, but it felt like fate was playing tricks on them. It was the same room that she had stayed in so long ago. Leading the way she reached the door, unlocking it as she couldn't help but chuckle. "Hasn't changed much, huh?" she muttered, walking in, dropping her bag off on a chair before sitting down on the edge of the bed. She looked around before her eyes fell on Ace, her eyes vulnerable and a little sad. Reaching her hands out she silently asked him to come closer.
If he did she would take his hand, still feeling that energy that could flow between them, and it was no use ignoring it. "Did you mean it ... When you said anything?" she asked, referring back to what he had said at the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These Heartaches within me   These Heartaches within me Empty

Back to top Go down

These Heartaches within me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Eastern District-
Jump to: