Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Winds of change.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

Winds of change.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:31 pm

He passed out, and frankly she didn't blame him, but instead of sitting still and worrying, she got to her feet. First course of action would be handling his wet clothing. There was a small unfinished bathroom, so she decided to hang most of it out there. His underwear she placed over the backside of the heater, as that was probably the thing he would most want to wear when he finally woke up. If he woke up. Gods, the thought made her scared, but she tried to push it away for now. While she wouldn't normally leave people when they were in such a bad state, she kinda needed to grab something for him to eat and drink. Knocking around at the neighbors she managed to trade a few trinkets for some canned soup and a bottle of water. She also got a small tea pack along with it.
Returning she decided it was best to wait to do much. Her body felt so tired, having exhausted herself helping him up the stairs and using her abilities earlier in the pub hadn't helped keeping her super awake. Good thing was she was a light sleeper, and when she heard him speak, she jolted awake. "Uhm, it's kind off a long story if you don't remember me," she grimaced, but decided to tell him what had happened from when she had found him in the van. How he had been so big and bulky. Reaching over she touched his forehead. He was still rather cold. "Scoot over a bit," she then said, getting up on her feet, pulling off her shirt and pants, but deciding to keep her underwear on. If he protested she would try and shut him up with a hiss before crawling under the blankets to him. "Professional heater is also on my CV," she muttered, laying close to him, letting his skin touch hers. Ayalla wasn't lying. She was rather warm, but it was the lycan genes in her giving the advantage. Of course she wasn't as warm as an actual lycan, but she was marginally warmer than any normal human that was for sure.
She was silent for a while, letting him heat up, taking the time to close her eyes. It felt kinda weird looking at him, or maybe that was just because she was partially naked right now. "You called me a name," she muttered, keeping her eyes closed, mostly so he didn't have to feel self-conscious, "... Lisa?"
Back to top Go down
Crowe

Crowe

Full name : Oliver Crowe jr
Quote : 'The only way is through..'

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Her voice triggered a memory. God his head ached. He squinted as though it would help him remember. She was explaining how she had found him huddled inside the back of a van.
"The storm.. the pub" he mumbled quietly as he gradually remembered what had happened and how he had ended up in such an avoidable situation.
A warm hand against his head had him sighing in relief, it eased the ache and he closed his eyes feeling the fog of sleep beneath the lids.
He was so tired, so off guard and struggling to concentrate for more than a few seconds at a time.

The next time his eyes opened he saw her climbing into bed with him, her skin bare, but he didn't have the wits around him enough to react, only letting out another sigh as she climbed in next to him, her warmth bringing him even closer to the land of the living.

His eyes were heavy and he couldn't keep them open for long until they shut the world out, Crowe surrendering to a semi-conscious state, only mildly aware of his surroundings. At least the pain was less now.
"Hm.." she was speaking again, asking him about Lisa. "Lisa?" the skin creased between his eyebrows. "I can't do it anymore.. I can't stay. I'm sorry Lisa" he mumbled confused. "I'm not who you think I am.. not anymore" he was drifting off to sleep again, "I'm sorry.." and he was gone. He would remain unconscious until late the next morning, his body desperately needing the rest to heal.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Of all the things she had thought about doing since being out here, crawling in to a bed with a stranger was not one of them. But he seemed to relax more as she laid here beside him. His incoherent mumbles didn't make a lot of sense, but she guessed it was maybe an ex? It at least sounded like that. He drifted off, and eventually sleep won the battle she had had. During her sleep she made sure to be close to him, perhaps because what she truly longed was comfort and someone to be close with. Only that was something her unconscious mind was aware of, not her real self it seemed. As they slept all they really heard was the creaking of the foundation and the small heater fuzzing to keep up with the small room.
Her dreams were weird, an amalgamation of what had happened today and what had happened in her past and as she finally awoke it was because a small ray of sunlight hit her eyes. She groaned, pressing herself closer to Crowe as she clearly wasn't happy about waking up just yet. Her body was aching from carrying him, and she felt like she just needed a bit more sleep. It didn't help that it felt so nice and warm here under the blankets, and the floor would without a doubt be freezing.
Turning over she was now faced to face with the human from yesterday's escapades. Blinking a little lazily she just took in his features. Now that he was relaxed and less blue from the cold, he was actually rather handsome. And why was she thinking that yet again? She really had to get over herself. "I wish I had a cool name like you," she muttered half asleep. Her hair was a bit of a mess, her eyeliner rubbed a bit, but other than that she hoped she looked fine. "Crowe sounds so badass ... Like a hero in a book or something," yeah she was not really aware of what she was saying right now. Blinking a few times more she ended up yawning, stretching a bit.
Back to top Go down
Crowe

Crowe

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm

He slept like a rock, that was until movement and a soft voice stirred him from the depths. He was awake a few moments before his eyes opened blinking until everything came into focus. The girl from the pub was beside him, his green eyes searched her face questioningly as his mind scrambled for an explanation. Luckily he did not have to wait long before he was able to remember the sequence of events that led to him being in bed with a random stranger from a pub. It was not his usual move, in fact he had been alone since leaving his old life. This was by far the closest he had been with anyone.
"Uh.. Morning" he was quiet, not wanting to alarm her, also not wanting to give away just how perplexed he was by the whole situation.

He had aches and pains all over, but he didn't feel that deathly cold anymore and for that he was thankful. He was mortified he let things get so far. He had literally been saved by the woman he was trying to look out for, how embarrassing.
Shifting beneath the covers he quickly realized that he was in fact naked, she must have undressed him. It made sense, of course it did, bit that didn't stop him from feeling uncomfortable.
He didn't mind the nudity, no that didn't bother him. He had nothing to be ashamed of, but he minded the scars. They were personal, they told a story and the story not even he remembered anymore. They made him uncomfortable, especially knowing that his back was severely scarred, especially along the line of his spine. Lisa could never look at his back without crying and it had given him some what of a complex about it.
"So...." clearing his throat he again shifted in the bed, pushing himself so that he could sit up, he corners of his eyes scrunching with discomfort. "I owe you a thanks. It appears you have saved my life"
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:59 pm

"Spare me that," she muttered as he started thanking her. She got up, because he was clearly uncomfortable, and she wasn't going to make this harder on him. Reaching the heater she grabbed his underwear, tossing it to him before jumping in to her own clothes. "Your clothes is drying out in the bathroom," she said, "I didn't peek ... I'm not that kinda weirdo." Sure she was awfully strange, but she wasn't going around looking at stranger's private parts. Once she had gotten dressed she shivered a bit, walking over to fidget with the heater. It had a small heating element on top that she placed a metal cup on. Then she opened the can of soup, placing the can on the heater as it was.
It wasn't long before the small apartment started smelling quite nicely of what Ayalla presumed to be goulash. Or at least that was what it said on the tin. The water was boiling too, taking it off the heat rather carefully with her sleeve, dunking the teabag in to it and letting it brew. "Careful," she muttered, handing the warm cup of tea to Crowe before walking up to grab the can of soup. Yesterday he hadn't used any utensils, so she guessed he would be fine without it now as well. "Here, I'll go see if your clothes are dry," she said, not wanting to disturb him while he ate.
Once out in the bathroom she felt down the fabric, sighing as some of it was still quite damp. She grabbed his shirt, taking it with her in to the heater where she propped it up on a chair to let it dry faster. She sat down on the mattress before laying back, looking up at the trinkets hanging from above. Coins, mechanical pencils, spoons, small cups. Everything metal it seemed she liked to collect and hang up to dangle over her while she slept as some sort of weird pacifier. "I hope it tastes good ... Had to trade one of my favorite knives for that soup," she chuckled. Though she clearly didn't mind. It was how it was going to be, and she felt bad for having him follow her to these lengths.  
Back to top Go down
Crowe

Crowe

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 pm

She played the part of the humble savior wanting no thanks for her efforts and he dropped the subject, there was no point in him continuing to thank her if it was going to make her uncomfortable it would defeat the object. She now knew he was grateful so he didn't speak of it further.
She moved away from him throwing his boxers at him, he caught them in one hand, glancing at them before he looked back up at her. This was all so strange he wasn't sure whether he was up or down. She had really gone out of her way to help him and he felt indebted to her. In his mind he was now even more set about helping her to live the life which she wanted.
Looking around the place he could see this was her haven, she was in hiding yet she had spoken of a tracker. They knew how to find her.

Sliding into his boxer shorts he moved to sit on the edge of the bed. She had moved his clothes closer to the heater indicating they were still wet, leaving him with no choice other then to stay as he was. At least he had underwear.
By the time he had settled she was handing him some tea and soup, informing him she had given away some of her belongings to barter for it. He wasn't happy about this and made a mental note to pay her back how ever he could.
"Thank you for your care"
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am

"Just ... Stop thanking me and eat already," she said. Gods she still felt guilty, having seen how blue his toes had been, how pale his face and lips could truly be. It had been scary, and all she wanted now was to see him warm and with a full belly. Of course she had to eat sometime too, but she had a feeling he might get uncomfortable when he found out what she ate. Or at least most people did. Looking up at her trinkets she hoped to soon hear him sipping on either the soup or the tea, which ever it was would at least make her feel better.
"It'll take them a least a couple of days to scramble and find a new watcher for me," she said, perhaps just thinking out loud because that was what she usually did when her thoughts became too much. "If you got no place to stay you can stay here, it's shitty, but with the weather outside this is better than some of the tents they have down at the Camp," turning her head to look at him noticing the scar down his back. Choosing not to comment on it or bring attention to it she looked back up at the ceiling once more. "I still have some nice trinkets to trade with, and the neighbors here seem to like me cause I can get shit for them," though it was clear she didn't feel used here. No, this was perhaps one of the realest places she had been.
The heater started fuzzing again and she groaned, getting up from the mattress, kicking it with her foot, "old piece of crap," she muttered. She was in a terrible mood because of her hunger. And yet leaving him now she was afraid that maybe she would never get to see him again. Was it strange that she felt attached already? Gods, she was so needy! She hated that. She was always depending on others, but Crowe? He seemed to have it figured out. Standing for a bit to calm down she shook her head, "sorry," just saying it out loud felt like a habit. Sometimes it felt like she was apologizing simply for existing.
Back to top Go down
Crowe

Crowe

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 pm

She mentioned a place to stay. No he had no where, Crowe never stayed anywhere for long, he was constantly on the move, constantly running from nobody but himself. He would never normally agree to stay with someone else but he felt he had no choice. She seemed to be in some sort of predicament and he was yet to decide whether he could leave her to that alone or not.
He also realized how close he had come to death, and if he wanted to avoid that again he figured he should probably do with some rest. He should avoid the storm until it had passed.
"If you do not mind then I will stay. But I will sleep on the floor"
No way he was going to take her bed from her. Lifting the soup he drained some of it, feeling it warm through him easing the ache within his stomach.

"Wait what?" she was planning on trading more of her goods for him, no he couldn't have that, it was to much to ask of anyone. He was a stranger to her, she owed him nothing.
"I will work for what ever we need, or trade some of my own belongings. I will not have you pay my way, that would be taking advantage"

He looked up when she kicked the heater, leaning forward he looked at it. It had seen better days and had some issues with the wires.
"I can look at that for you if you like? Might be able to fix it"
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 11:31 pm

"C'mon old man, as if I'll let you sleep on the floor like a dog," she scoffed, who did he think she was? She wasn't cruel, at least not intentionally, and he seemed like he could use some place nice to stay. Well this wasn't paradise, but it was better than the storm outside. He then started another argument, not wanting to be a freeloader, but in reality he was doing her a favor. She was starting to hoard shit she didn't need, perhaps because subconsciously she missed Vanessa. Letting it slide for now she had turned her frustration on the heater instead.
"If you can fix it, then you can stay here for as long as you want," she said with a small sigh leaving her lips. She constantly had to try and bang it in to place, and she didn't dare use her abilities on something that she had no idea how really worked. Sure, she could just feel her way to it, but then again she would risk breaking it further, or maybe getting so angry with it that she would just hurl the junk out the window. "Listen, I gotta go out and get something to eat," she said, clearly feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about it. She didn't want him to think that she was a bad person - even though she probably was. "Can you hold down the fort, or whatever it is they say?" she asked, grabbing her shoes. The winds outside were picking up, howling and whirling slush around on the streets. Yeah, she would be fucked up out there, but she was not going to ask for a sip of his blood. That felt like something she couldn't do to him now that they had gotten to know one another a little better.
"I'll be back before nightfall ... I hope," the addition sounding a bit uncertain, but with the weather going crazy, was it really so odd? "Anything you need? New socks or a beer or like a toothbrush?" she asked, listing different things that didn't really match together, but she was more so interested in hearing if he genuinely needed something. It could be anything, he just had to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winds of change.    Winds of change.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winds of change.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2