Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Happy Solstice EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Happy Solstice EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Happy Solstice EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Happy Solstice EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Happy Solstice EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Happy Solstice

Go down 
Saige

Saige

Full name : Saige Black

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:13 am

For @Aurel <3

Josette felt nervous, holding a small package as she stood in front of the building where she knew Aurel was staying. Finding a gift for him had been hard, mostly because she wasn't sure what he liked or if he even knew what Solstice was. But either way she wanted to get him a gift. Walking in and up the stairs, small specs of snow was in her golden hair, not dissolving because of her already cold temperature. She was wearing a green dress, more modest than she usually wore, but she wanted to do this right.
Knocking on the door she lifted the giant parcel up to cover her face. It was wrapped in nice paper and with ribbons on top. There was even a handwritten card from her - hoping he had been practicing so he could actually read it. As she heard the door open she smiled behind the parcel, poking her head around it as she looked at the mysterious boy whom in her mind she had dubbed her guardian angel. "Surprise," she said a little shyly, perhaps because she was nervous of his reception to all of this. If he made way she would walk in to the apartment, showing that she had a small satchel over her shoulder. She placed down the gift, opening the satchel as she took out a few decorations. To Aurel she must've looked like a mad woman, putting up small hearts, stars and other ornaments on the walls and furniture.
"It's Solstice; A holiday we celebrate where the days begin to get longer and we give each other gifts," she explained, not sure if it would suffice, but he could ask away all he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Full name : Aurielan Zeth

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:37 am

The sense of loneliness was lifted whenever Josette was around but Aurel felt like a fraud somehow. Like he wasnt just some lost boy in this world, in his own was he Aurielian Zeth, someone meant for a bigger purpose than navigating a written language he barely knew or recognized, to find out that english was just one of the many languages of this world. He had to tell her and pray that she wouldnt shun him for decieving her all this time.
He had practiced for days, how he would come clean and say it as it was. She at least deserved that, that was what he told himself. He eventually felt rather prepared, until the day a knock was at his door. Then it was like all the rehersals and everything went down the drain. But he would tell her as the first thing. Moving over he opened the door to be greeted by a large package and not a person. That made his eyes widen a little and he let her in. It was a surprise for sure, and he didnt know what to say.
She began decorating and he had so many questions. Yet she seemed to answer at least one of them. “So a holiday? Why is it hearts and stars?” He asked, pointing to one of the ornaments she had put up. “Shouldnt it be suns and… gifts?” He asked with a small frown. He couldnt quite wrap his head around it yet. Sitting down he looked at the wrapped gift. “What’s this?” He knew he was already asking so many things. He scoffed at himself and folded his hands slightly. “It’s good to see you.” He said, just to not have her feel like he was bombarding her in questions.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:26 pm

She giggled softly at his questions, "well these were just some decorations that I knew how to make - but you can always make your own whichever way you'd like them to be," she said looking at the ones she had put up. "Solstice isn't only about suns and gifts, it's about giving thanks to those you care for," she explained, clearly a little excited, "it's going to be my first year where I have someone to celebrate it with." Josette was clearly a little overwhelmed already, but it was so clear how happy she was. Watching as he sat down she moved over to sit beside him, chuckling as he said how seeing her was good.
"It's good to see you too," she said, adjusting the ribbon a bit so it was there perfectly. "This is a gift for you," she said, removing the small card that she handed to him, "if you can't read it, then I can read it for you; But most of the words are some you have seen before." She wasn't about to embarrass him. No, she wanted to still help him learn. "This year has been quite tumultuous for me, but you being there has really helped me a lot," she confessed before gesturing for him to open the gift, unless of course he had more questions.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:20 pm

The decorations could be anything? He listened, sucking up the information like a sponge. Who did he want to give his thanks to? The answer was quite easy when she sat here next to him. Only how would he even begin? He still had to tell her the truth because only with that would his thanks make sense. He had felt so isolated in this world, like being in the library, stuck in time all over again until he ran into her.
She returned his words and it made him smile softly. She could just so easily make him smile. He hummed looking at the card as she handed it to him. He opened it and narrowed his eyes, but it seemed rather simple, not a hard task. “What are the gifts for? Is that a part of Solstice too?” He asked. There were gifts where he came from. But it was so rare that people gave gifts to someone else than the one they wanted to be with, or family. Gifts between friends existed but was mostly for really good friends. Nothing ever holiday related. And it was all made in hand as some sort of way to practice gifts from the heart. He shook his homeland’s traditions out of his mind and began unpacking, ratger carefully, not wanting to tear the wrappint apart.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:34 pm

The card read:
Dearest Aurel.
Thank you for always been there when I need you.
I pray that this gift will warm you and make you think of me.
Yours, Josette.

Josette shrugged a little at his question in regards to the gift giving. "I suppose it started out more or less as a time of year where people ate together, had nice meals and such, but some of us don't really eat meals so we adapted and started giving gifts ... Now I think it's custom to give each other at least a small gift, though some like to go over the top," she chuckled having Kareema in mind. It was a little crazy how much money the vampyress could use, but she suspected it was because she didn't have children of her own. Well besides Josette, but she already felt spoilt enough.
Inside the package was a nice sweater, one in a soft material and then there was a neatly bound book that looked very old. "I know you already have so many books ... But I found this and I thought of you, and at that point I had already bought the sweater too," she said, looking down and wondering if she had gone a little overboard as well? "The book is a lexicon ... It's very old, but I thought you if anyone would appreciate it." Folding her fingers in her lap as she waited for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:23 am

He hummed as she explained, though that meant that he would have to give something in return right? Opening it and seeing the sweater he grinned lightly. Feeling the fabric, he was quite sure ir was expensice materials. Something he had been used to wearing back in his own world; so he was definitely grateful. Then there was the book that she explained as he checked it out. It had probably seen many through the years, he was sure when he saw the stamps of at least five libraries inside it. “I really like it.” He admitted, turning to her with a bright smile. “It’s very thoughtful of you.” He said rather sincerely but then he frowned a bit. “I havent gotten you a gift in return. Though I doubt I could even buy anything.” He said, before he then frowned thoughtfully and reached up to his own neck. He pulled out a small pendant on a chain around his neck, looking at it before he took it off and handed to her. It was one of the last memories he had of home, the stone carved neatly, though in the right light, a depiction of wings would appear under the surface as if a small wyvern had been caught and locked away in the pendant. “It’s um… something I’ve worn forever. It’s the only value I’ve got, and you said that it’s a custom to give gifts.” He said, having decided that it was the gift she was getting from him.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:56 pm

A rush of relief washed over her as he said he liked it. It was all she could really have asked for in this situation. But then he spoke about not giving her a gift and she shook her head no. "No, really, it's fine, you didn't know," she argued shaking her head as she looked down. There was no way she was going to have it, but then he passed her something, looking at it in the palm of her hand. Something within it shining as if it was a 3D image. It looked like ... A dragon? She wasn't sure, but she thought it was so beautiful. "Aurel ..." she whispered, looking from the pendant and to him.
Placing the necklace around her neck, she felt it against her skin, looking down to touch it carefully with a finger. She moved over, placing a hand against his cheek. Her eyes fluttering a bit, as if she was deciding to do something, and before she could regret it she leaned in and placed her lips to his in a careful kiss. She wished she had a heart, dreaming of hearing how it would beat in a moment like this, but instead she would have to do with the feeling of his lips almost burning against her own with how warm they were.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:46 pm

He did want to give her something as well so he wouldnt have her deny the necklace and pendant. It was the least he could offer for her kindness and company in all the lonesome time he had spent searching for his sister. She put on the necklace and he smiled a little softly at her until she reached out to touch his face. He could see that she was considering something and as she leaned in, his eyes widened a little as their lips met. It was definitely a little out of the blue unless this was how she showed her gratittude. He almost leaned into it, because it wasnt that he didnt want to; but she barely knew him. She didnt even know that he didnt even belong in this place.
So he leaned away with a heavy heart, frowning a little as he looked at her with sad eyes. He reached out, grabbing her arm a little softly so she couldnt just run off. “I’ve not been truthful with you.” He admitted, shifting between her eyes. Where could he begin? “I’m not from this place, I-…. I come from somewhere different. Like a complete different world. Not country. Not this world.” He tried, his expression as serious as his words probably sounded like something from a madman.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:58 pm

For once it would've been nice to feel wanted. Just to try it. But he leaned away, and she could feel how embarrassed she got. Looking down she felt rather ashamed. This wasn't what he wanted. She had misread his kindness. Gods, she felt so stupid! Maybe love was just not in the cards for her. Maybe she was just destined to be a fool who wanted what she could never have. First with Romeo and now with Aurel. If she had had more time to dive deep in to her mind she would've gotten to a dark place, but he seemed to speak, holding her arm so she wouldn't go. Was he going to scold her? She couldn't figure his expression out.
He hadn't been honest with her? She frowned as he said it, confused but also curious. Was he gay? Was that it? She had tried that before, but somehow she didn't think she could take another heart break like that. He spoke again as he found his words, but frankly they made very little sense. And yet it made so much sense! "Not this world?" She repeated in a soft ponder. Her face perhaps more calm than what was expected, but she was also still trying to figure out why that made a big deal. "Like ... you're an alien from another planet?" She asked a little confused. Maybe her and Romeo should cool it with the sci-fi movies.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:15 pm

The last thing he wanted was to hurt her. It just wasnt right to keep her in the dark either. Because if he was from this world, wasnt he a loser then? Living in someone else’s home, only because it had been abandoned? He tried to explain but it didnt feel like enough. And yet he didnt know how else to put it.
Her question made him frown but hr hummed as he thought about it. “I guess you could call me that if that makes sense.” He said, before he glanced down at his hand, seeing the veins. He then lifted his hand towards her, clearly offering it. “You said your kind drinks blood. Well, I should taste different than anyone you could’ve ever tasted… right?”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:23 pm

She nodded, taking it all in, but it sounded rather crazy. It made sense as to why he was trying to learn English and didn't really know about customs even the basics of the races. But would his kind then be invading? Or was he stuck here for some reason? He had told a bit about how he was looking for his sister, but things still didn't make too much sense. That was when he offered for her to taste his blood. She froze, staring at his hand in disbelief before shaking her head no, getting up and moving away from him. "You don't know what you're asking for," she said rather serious, shaking her head no a couple of times, wrapping her arms around herself as if to support herself. She had never bitten anyone before, at least not someone she liked. Biting was intimate to her, like having sex or kissing. Even drinking a vial felt personal for her, and she was still rather young so everything just felt more intense.
"I can smell that you're different, I can hear it and sense it ... So there's really no need for it," she said. Her eyes were sad as she looked down. Should she go? Was that why he was telling her this? Her eyes started to water, but she didn't want to cry. She just felt like nothing was ever going to lean in her favor. "I ... I should go, right?" she whispered, clearly not sure what to do, but that was the only answer that made sense.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 pm

She moved away and that made him a little confused, because she reacted as if he had asked her something completely inappropiate, at least by the way she was closing herself off. She explained that she could already tell his difference and then she seemed to get sad. Her whisper made him get up as he shook his head. “No, no no no. Unless it’s what you want?” He asked. No, even if it was what she wanted, he had messed up. “I didnt want to make you sad.” He said as he got up, carefully approaching her if she wasnt shying away from him further. “I’m sorry.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:49 pm

He didn't want her to go? Was she just a toy to him? She was starting to get too much in her head, and as he got up she just stared at him with hurt eyes. He apologized, but she shook her head, forcing herself to smile at him, "you don't have to apologize; I stepped over the line," she said. Gods, it was so hard to hide just how hurt she was. She was a bad vampyre, wasn't she? All her emotions on her sleeve and her face easier to read than a book opened on a page. "Biting isn't just food," she said, looking down again as she knew she would have to explain it a bit. "It's very personal ... And I've never bitten anyone I've liked before," she said, feeling almost embarrassed. What vampyre hadn't yet just chomped down on a neck or hand when it was offered? Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself she squeezed her arms a little in a way of grounding herself. "To be honest I don't think I've ever kissed someone like that before either ... I guess I've been imagining things," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:07 am

She stepped over the line? When? She had just been following her instincts! He couldnt blame her for that, that was absurd. She spoke of the bite and his eyes widened a little as she explained and it dawned upon him. “Oh. I’m so sorry Josette, I didnt know.” He said, which was as truthful as it could get. He was rather disappointed in himself, and she just looked so far fetched from the happy girl that had been standing in the door. Oh the kiss! He was an idiot. An idiot! “T-the kiss was very nice.” He said, trying not to sound too panicked, though he did feel like all he did all the time was messing up. “Look Josette, I like you, a lot. It’s all just a little quick and I barely feel like I have foot in this place, I.. just sound like I’m making up a bunch of excuses. Sorry.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:14 am

She shook her head at him, "please, it's alright," she said, smiling at him with that sad look in her eyes. And yet she wasn't a selfish person. She could never lay claim on someone, and she was slowly starting to realize that maybe she was just cursed. She was young, that was true, but she also felt like she was supposed to have hit some milestones by now; Like having somewhat of a boyfriend, and not just a pretend one. He had said the kiss was nice. Just nice, she thought, was she even kissing wrong?
"I think I've embarrassed myself enough for today," she said, shaking her head again for good measure. Maybe she hoped that it would shake out all those stupid thoughts she had had about him. "I just ... I've really started to like you, and I am very inexperienced ... I ... I guess I wanted to try and be brave, take the first step, but I see now that I was in the wrong, so please just forget what I did," she pleaded. She couldn't lose him now. He had been so kind to her, and she was terrified of him not being here.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 3:52 am

“No, please Josette, I can see that it’s not alright.” He argued, always so soft in tone, like his emotions were stitched onto him on the outside. He tried to recollect at the mention of the kiss but even that seemed to be wrong. His expression turned sad, he felt mean, he felt rude. And most of all, he had no idea how to fix it. Embarassed herself? He wanted to disagree. He did didagree! How had she embarassed herself? Oh it was a mess. Her plea left him a little panicked and he just agreed without further thought of it. Anything to keep her from leaving that wasnt physically keeping her there. No he wouldnt do that to her. “I… um… found a box with some kind of jigsaw puzzle. I’m not really good at those. But I think it would be fun to do together..?” He suggested to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 12:37 pm

Josette was not cruel nor was she inconsiderate, but for once she had hoped that she could find something in another person. She had felt that connection to Aurel, felt his kindness and the way they had spent time together was unlike anything she had felt before. It felt comforting and warm, like she was receiving a hug every time she was around him. But she understood now. She had mistaken that kindness for something more. Something that was never meant to be.
She looked down as he agreed to forget. Was it wrong that she had hoped he had protested her statement? That he had said he didn't want to forget? Holding her breath, she just looked down, unsure whether she should go or stay. His change of subject didn't make her look up. "I'm not a child," she whispered, getting up from her seat she walked over to the window. Sitting down in the windowsill, she touched one of the stars she had hung up there. It was a pretty one in gold and white. She didn't know what to say, she felt so heartbroken inside. Was it because she came off like a child? Was that why he couldn't like her like that? Was that why he suggested playing games and reading books all the time? Leaning her head against the glass she looked out at the city, being in her own mind for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Solstice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Solstice   Happy Solstice Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Solstice
Page 1 of 1