Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

A year later [AU]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

A year later [AU] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 7:45 pm

He slept. Not a good sleep, but at least enough to rest himself for the oncoming day. As Gaspar sat up he welcomed the blanket, pressing it close to himself, having gotten a little cold already. Curling up under the blanket, he tried resuming sleep, just wanting to disappear if only for a few more hours. But alas, it was not meant to be. He turned over, laying on his back and reaching over to grab his phone. There were plenty of messages from his so called boyfriend, most of them angry in nature. He just sighed, placing the phone back down before rubbing his eyes. They stung having to look at the screen for too long without his glasses. But putting them on also meant seeing the world, and right now he wasn't in the mood to see anything. It was still early, but he hadn't been able to make out the time on his phone. "Have you slept well?" he asked, rather wanting to hear about the pleasant sleep that the guy next to him had had.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 8:05 pm

Gaspar wouldnt have minded if the seraph needed sleep. He just sat in his own thoughts a bit, looking around. That was probably what he missed the most. Being able to just sit and look around, not know what was going on outside or even care about it. Now he felt like that was all he did. Vinnie moved and he looked in his direction, pulling his legs up to loosely hug. He just liked making himself feel smaller, it was a comfort thing. The question made him hum. "Yes. Slept good." he replied, though his legs were a little itchy from sleeping in his pants. He however ignored it for a now, one hand mindlessly rubbing his knee to relieve the discomfort. "I dream of home today. Had big cat tree. Sleep inside all the time, was good help for sharp nails." he explained with a soft chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 8:29 pm

Vinnie smiled slightly, though his smiles barely reached his eyes at this point in time. "That sounds nice," he said, pulling himself to sit up on his bed, scratching his bare chest a little. Because he had went to bed with wet hair, it was a little unusually fluffy and all over the place. "I gotta go check up on someone," he said, getting out of bed, getting dressed. No, if his boyfriend came here, then all hell would break loose and he didn't wish that for Gaspar. He was pulling on his pants from yesterday, dusting off the dirt, not really caring much. "Will you be here when I get back?" he asked. He wasn't sure how to feel about all of this, but he also didn't want to ruin things for him. Vinnie just needed to go fix shit up with his boyfriend and then he would be back in time for Mickey to come by too.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 8:42 pm

It was nice. Gaspar looked back at the window, just smiling to himself at the thought of his dream. The seraph got up and he just remained sitting where he was. It was soft and nice. The question made him shrug. "I think so." he said truthfully. He didnt really have any plans but it could change quickly. "Will you be long?" he asked. He was a little more curious than he led on but he rarely began asking for details on something that didnt really concern him. "I can cook. Is hungry?" and by that he meant frying an egg and warming bread at best.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 8:46 pm

"I'll be home before lunch," he said, nodding to himself. That was a fair bit of time away, but it also gave him room to take his time and not hurry back. The offer for Gaspar to cook for him made him feel some sort of way. A warmth in his chest he hadn't really felt before. "Uh, no, but thank you ... You can take whatever you want from the fridge while I'm gone though, so," he wanted to encourage him to just use the space that he had known for quite some time now. With that Vinnie headed out the door.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Before lunch? Instead of admitting to not really knowing when that was, he just hummed and nodded. The offer was genuine enough. He was also feeling a little hungry and frankly he had found that not being a small creature who could get anywhere had made his life a little more boring. If he wanted to look out the window, there was no comfortable way of doing that for hours. "Okay." he answered the encouragement and then the seraph was gone.
He moved to the edge of the bed, letting his feet dangle for a bit before he eventually got hungry enough to go for some food. He would make eggs if there was any, to then sit down on the couch with that and hopefully some bread too. He knew how to turn on the TV, surfing some channels until he found something he found interesting. Some documentary about the sea, which was already a wild concept for the cat turned human who had never seen anything like it. He ended up slouching on the couch, completely absorbed by the TV.
When it was over it was like he wanted more. But instead he went to clean the plate and the pan, because that he knew how to do. He slipped back into his hoodie and looked around for a bit. He wanted to go explore. But before he went, he made sure to grab a fork as well. And then he went out to see what the area was like.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:19 pm

[tw: abusive partner, hinted assault, suicidal thoughts]

When Vinnie finally returned his body was aching. His boyfriend was not one who liked being ignored, and last night's silence had turned in to a full blown verbal assault. He got in to his apartment, slumping down on his bed, but his arms were hurting and it felt like no matter how he placed himself he was sore. He had been crying too, mostly during the fighting, which was rather one-sided. He rubbed his bloodshot eyes, moving out to the bathroom where he turned on the shower. He felt dirty and used like so many times in his life already. Of course the luring dark thoughts came to him, promising him a way to escape but he felt like he was too much of a coward to turn to that. Instead he ran a bath, not sure if he even wanted to get in it, but he ended up sitting rather uncomfortably in the tub. Resting his head on the ledge he closed his eyes, needing a bit of time to just gather himself.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:40 pm

He would've been lost if it hadnt been for the fork. Sure, he had known how to make his way back but the fork was vital. He had put it in a place that other's could care less for but he would know. This was the apartment. He had liked what he had seen, there had been a playground not far where a couple of families had been hanging out. He had yet to find a park, he loved those the most. He had a bag of apples with him and as he got back into the apartment, he noticed that Vinnie's shoes where there. "Back! I found apples." he announced as he closed the door behind him. He kicked his own off and went to the kitchen to put the bag of apples down before sitting down on the couch, drawing in a deep breath. He just sat there and waited for Vinnie to come out.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Vinnie had closed his eyes, drifting off to some place that maybe was nicer than right here. Then he was brought back, hearing Gaspar call out and he knew he couldn't sit here sulking, even if that was all he wanted to do. He finished up his bath, getting up to dry himself off and getting in to a new set of clothes, hiding the broken and torn ones in the laundry basket. The guy wouldn't be any wiser. He got dressed in some oversized clothing, still a bit sore, but he could at least manage to get through the rest of the day. Or so he hoped. "Did you have a nice walk?" he asked, heading up to the small kitchenette, grabbing an apple that he washed off in the sink, drying it with a paper towel before taking a bite. He hadn't noticed yet how his lip was torn, but he sure felt it as he took a bite, "ow," he muttered, placing a hand over the now bleeding cut. He sighed, grabbing the paper towel to press to his lip, smiling apologetically at the other guy.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:56 pm

Gaspar had found the toy again and was lightly playing with it, well as best as one person handling a cat toy could do. When Vinnie came out, he however stopped, trying to hide that he would ever do something as weird as that. At least he had been told it enough times to not want to be caught again. "Like it here. Nice area." he said with a small smile. He turned his head to look at Vinnie though his expression faded as he felt like something was off. And when the seraph muttered in hurt, he got up and went to him. "You bleeding." he sighed, a small furrow on his brows. "What happen?"
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 pm

Of course Gaspar wanted to know what was going on, but how did you just unload everything on a guy who used to be a cat and probably saw everything in this world so brutal. He shook his head no, "it's nothing serious," he promised him, waving with his hand as he tried to smile but it only ended up in stinging more, gritting his teeth. He placed the apple down, pressing the paper towel to his lip as he sighed. "Matthew ... My boyfriend ... He has a temper and I made him worried yesterday because I didn't answer - But we're fine, he apologized, we made up, it's all good," he promised, not needing Gaspar to know all the details. But Vinnie was getting used and abused by his so called boyfriend. "See, it's just a little blood, it'll heal in no time," he said, showing the cut that would heal within the day or at least close up.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:28 pm

“Nothing serious? Bleeding lip not fall from the sky.” He argued. Well if it was a bird or something thrown, then it could but that was beside the point. He couldnt smile as Vinnie smiled, just looking at him dead serious. The seraph let up a little on the story, but it just made Gaspar narrow his eyes a littoe suspiciously. “Boyfriend is not a cat. Making lip bleed not okay.” He argued, even if they had made up. But somehow he could tell that the seraph didnt want him to press on. So he just looked at him for a bit before he grabbed the apple that Vinnie had been trying to eat. He went off with it before he found a knife that he used to cut up the apple into smaller pieces. He handed the seraph one while he cut the rest. “You eat?” He asked, keeping his eyes on the knife.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:46 pm

Gaspar was right. But Vinnie, in his loneliness, didn't see himself breaking up with Matthew, even if he was toxic, he had good sides too. But today had been one of the bad sides that had met him. The guy seemed to drop the topic, and he felt more at ease, looking at the cut piece of apple a bit in confusion, but he ended up taking the piece, biting more carefully over the smaller piece. The question made him hum, "I'm eating now," he just said, chewing the apple that was surprisingly juice and nice. He felt bad. "Sorry, I wish I didn't burden you," he muttered, frowning as he clearly wasn't used to kindness even if he was always kind to others. Smile and the whole world smiles back, that was what he had been brought up with, and yet it seemed every time he smiled, the world spat in his face.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:52 pm

So he hadnt eaten? Gaspar just sighed and cut the rest of the apple into managable pieces so Vinnie didnt have to bite them or have them really touch his lip. He even found a bowl to put them in, scoffing as the seraph apologized. “You not burden to me. I like you.” He said as he handed him the bowl with apples and then promptly pushed him towards the couch as some sort of demand that he should go relax a little. “How you burden me? Dont understand.” He said with a shake of his head. No it didnt make sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:58 pm

Vinnie was pushed, keeping in a groan, but his pained expression showed it all. He was a seraph, so he would heal, but some things were better not spoken about. He sat down, albeit a little awkwardly as if to sit a specific way so it wouldn't hurt too badly. He was chewing on the last mouthful of apple of the piece he had started with, shrugging lightly at the question. "I guess I'm not used to people caring for me much," he admitted. He had spent countless times over the last year trying to connect with those around him, but he constantly felt like he was just calling in to the void where no-one would answer. No matter his pleas and hurt. "I'm usually the one caring for others ... I guess that's why I feel like a burden now that I can't take care of you," he muttered, though logically it made a little sense, it was something his mind had convinced him of.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 11:15 pm

He made sure to clean the knife and put it away, listening to the seraph in the meantime. Somehow it was hard to believe that Vinnie wasnt just attracting people like himself, but then again Gaspar still thoroughly believed that kindness was very rare to come by; So they were probably just hiding very well. "I see." he mumbled at the mutter, grabbing an apple himself before he walked over to sit on the couch as well, biting into the apple. "I dont know what to say. Maybe what someone else told me sometime: Get used to it." he said with a small smile sneaking up on his lips. He grabbed the remote and placed it at the seraph's thigh.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Get used to it. He had to scoff softly, looking down at his small bowl of apples. That was when he just started to cry. He always preached helping others, but had never actually been helped himself. Everyone he knew were either using him or had been using him at some point. Despite crying, rather softly and not trying to make too much noise, he simply pressed the remote button, turning on the TV to drown out his own trembling sounds.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 11:35 pm

He liked the taste of apples, how when they were just the right colour and texture they were among his favorite snacks to just have. If he could live off apples, he would've. The TV was turned on and he looked at it before he glanced towards the seraph. He had noticed the trembles in the corner of his eye. He adjusted himself a little on the couch before he lifted a hand to move over and place on the seraph's arm, just a gentle touch to remind him that he wasnt alone. Well he didnt have to be alone with the feelings he had right now was essentially what Gaspar wanted him to know, but he didnt know the words for that. So the small gesture had to do. "Eat apples before browning." he said in a soft tone, looking shortly at the bowl before back at the TV.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 11:40 pm

Vinnie sniffled, nodding as he took another bite of apple, wanting just to lean in to the careful touch. He was grateful and yet he still couldn't shake the feeling of being a burden.
Eventually he ended up calming down somewhat, only a few sniffles here and there, but they were watching a documentary about some big animals on a savannah in a country far away. Looking to the clock, he wondered if Mickey would stick to her promise, but then again the Mickey he knew was flakey and could decide not to come last second either ways. He wasn't having high hopes, in fact he was slowly starting to consider what he could make for dinner for the two of them, but mostly he just wanted to order something to be delivered. Like he needed to drown his own sadness in fried foods.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 12:03 am

Gaspar just smiled a little, looking at the TV still, though the smile faded once he got absorbed into yet another documentary of something that he hadnt seen before. The world just felt so much bigger with TV's because they showed such beautiful places. The lions didnt look as big and scary as the man on the TV promised them to be. He eventually got tired of sitting so she laid down, the top of his head pressed to the side of the seraph's thigh as his eyes were glued on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

Full name : Mickey Angela Lewis
Quote : I'll show you crazy!

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 12:04 am

Mickey did almost forget but remembered last second. She arrived maybe an hour later than she had thought she would, knocking on the door before entering. "Yo! Sorry for the delay." she said, putting down the box before she looked at the newcomer and Vinnie, frowning a little at the brunette. "I brought your stuff." she then said as she looked at Vinnie, pushing the box forward with her foot on your stuff. "Who busted your lip?" she then asked as she noticed the rather visible wound.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 12:11 am

It felt good to just sit here, get swallowed whole by the world that was inside the screen. He barely noticed as someone entered the apartment, but looked up as he heard a familiar voice. Mickey. She looked good, and with a bit of biting his tongue, he got to his feel, walking towards her, but he didn't look too good. "Just a small accident, nothing to worry about," he smiled, not wanting her to worry. One thing was Gaspar knowing, but Mickey was another thing. "What's in the box anyways? My silverware or something?" he said, trying to crack a joke, but one couldn't deny his blood shot eyes from crying, though he seemed to smile through the pain as always.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 2:18 am

“Uh-huh.” She replied, not fully convinced, looking towards the brunette but she didnt say anything, even if she hinted that she was already cautious of him. The mention of the box redirected her back to why she was here, looking down as she shrugged. “Definitely something silver. I dont know, a bunch of stuff actually. Like the book you really liked a couple of months back. Yeah, it’s in there.” She said pointing towards the box. She wasnt proud. She had stolen what she believed wouldnt be missed, having taken countless of things that seemed to present value. The stuff that she had sold, she had made sure to at least cover somehow, a bundle of cash in the bottom to be dug out once everything else had been put back. It wasnt the full price but it at least was something. “A necklace, some rings. And other things.”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 9:44 am

He hummed, nodding as he looked down at the box. It seemed less like her trying to steal to have items and more a way for her to have money for the next bottle. He touched the box a bit with his foot, "I knew you were stealing when you came over," he shrugged. He wasn't stupid as to why he suddenly missed a kitchen knife or where his jewellery went. He went silent for a while, his body still shuddering from what it had gone through before coming home. "You look good ... I mean you always looked good, but ... You look stable," it wasn't like he could say the same about himself. Without others around him he had caved in on himself, and it showed. "I've missed you," he said, looking down at the box, holding in his own tears. She didn't need to worry about him. No, she was doing better on her own and that was a testament to how useless he was.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 10:40 am

“Well it wasnt very cool of me.” She said even if he was shrugging it off. She did notice how he was shuddering and not feeling so well. But he had made it clear that she should be staying out of it so she tried to. “It’s all thanks to rehab…” she muttered at the compliment making a light shrug. She didnt know if she missed her old lifestyle or had gotten a good grip on this one; she would just have to see. He said he missed her and that made her look a little sad. “Vinnie I used you a lot when I was in deep shit.” She admitted quite plainly. But then she sighed and wrapped her arms slightly. “But you also made me feel very safe. I was never worried about having no place to go or no one that cared. I had you.” She remarked. “I wasnt always high when I came around.” She said but it wouldnt make a big of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A year later [AU]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next