Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

A year later [AU]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

A year later [AU] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 am

She still didn't get it. As much as she had used him, she had made him feel less lonely. Even if she treated him shittily, he never had to worry about being alone, and perhaps that was the toxic part of it all. Vinnie was quick to forgive and forget anyone but himself. "And I had you," he said, not sure if he wanted to open up his own struggles. Maybe he had always been hyper focused on helping others instead of looking inwards and healing himself. "Now I'm kind of lonely," that was an understatement, chuckling it off, but his eyes not meeting hers. He didn't want to keep her here. She needed to get on with her life, and at least hearing that he had made a small difference was comforting to him. "Anyways, uh, this is Gaspar ... He's an old friend, uhm, yeah," needing to get his mind out of the spiral he was in right now.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Gaspar remained on the couch, trying to keep to himself and not listen in on their conversation but it wasnt like he could tone out their voices with the ones from the TV. But at least he could pretend like he wasnt listening at all until his name was mentioned. He got up and went over to greet the black haired girl, even if she seemed a little scary and unapproachable. "Hello." he greeted her with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

Full name : Mickey Angela Lewis
Quote : I'll show you crazy!

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 6:33 pm

He did have her as well, but she wasnt sure she was much company the times she had been here. She didnt even remember those times, because she had two moods; sleep or laying on the couch while she was detoxing and just feeling god awful. "Well, I feel better now, so maybe I can actually be a friend." she shrugged. If he wanted her to come around at least.
The other guy was introduced and she looked at him. He looked a little odd, but she wasnt one to judge. The eyes however seemed sort of familiar. He spoke and the accent was off, it didnt sound like anything special and yet it wasnt the same as them. "Mickey." she greeted him, before she looked at Vinnie. "Can I stay over? We could get some food and just chill?" she asked, eyeing Gaspar before looking at the seraph once more. Of course she wouldnt intrude if they were in the middle of something, but it hadnt seemed like it.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Vinnie didn't know what was going on. It seemed like the universe was playing a prank on him, getting those together he had seemed to miss. And yet he still felt like he wasn't complete. The suggestion made him hum, "if you'd don't mind?" He said, looking to Gaspar. Vinnie didn't at least, but it was sorta up to the cat turned human.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 9:06 pm

So it all came down to what Gaspar wanted. He hummed as he thought about it though he saw no reason to really say no. She seemed alright at least towards Vinnie. But the universe probably had been playing a prank on the seraph as a small beeping noise made Gaspar’s look a little distant. He grabbed down his pocket to pull out a pager that he looked at. Then his expression saddened a little as he looked at Vinnie. It was time for him to go now. Not that he wanted to. He liked it here. But he also had a responsibility and if he ran from it, someone could get hurt. “Sorry.” He said in a genuine tone as he went to get his shoes.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Vinnie frowned as he saw the pager. What was this? The 80s? Who carried a pager around like this, and could the cat turned human even read the number? He had too many questions, but before he could ask any of them he watched as Gaspar went to put on his shoes. Vinnie didn't really know how to react, so he just stood still, "uh, will you be back later?" he asked, hopeful in his voice but he knew better than to expect it. Why was he acting so sketchy? He had mentioned he was involved in something bad, but Vinnie wasn't sure how to understand that. He looked to Mickey, hoping that at least she would stay.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 4:40 pm

Gaspar got his shoes on and got up before he looked at Vinnie. The question was fair enough but the cat turned human looked sad. “Most likely no.” He said in all honesty. He went over to gently grab his hand, holding it in his warm hands for a moment. “I come back soon.” He promised. He would do his best to come back when he was ready to. But he had a feeling that it wouldnt be tonight. Even though he would’ve loved to. “Bye Vinnie.” He bid him farewell with a soft squeeze of his warm hands. He moved away while letting go of his hands, heading to the door but then he stopped as he seemed to remember something. “Never follow me. Never end well.” He told then. And then he left them. For a guy who couldnt read, he sure seemed to know where to go from the call on the pager he had.

The walk was pretty long but eventually he made it to where he needed to be. He opened the double doors to be greeted by a servant that knew him pretty well by now. He then went through the house and out to what seemed to be some sort of backhouse. Inside sat a couple of men, seemingly waiting. “Good to see that you can keep your promises. We were almost worried that you had forgotten what would be at stake here..?” one man said with a bright pearly smile, Gaspar just looking at him with a neutral expression as the door closed behind him by itself.

Last edited by Gaspar on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 4:42 pm

Mickey was just as confused as Vinnie. What was it with this weird kid? He couldnt even speak properly! Was this the sort of old friends that Vinnie had? “Where do you know this guy from?” Because she had a lot of questions as to what just happened. “Why is he acting as if he’s…. Well…” she began but then stopped as she realized where she was heading with her words and it wasnt anything nice.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:31 am

The goodbye was weird. You couldn't tell Vinnie not to follow and then actually not have him follow, but Mickey's question made him stop and look at the hybrid. "He, uh, used to be a cat ... I don't know, it's a long story," he said, his mind a little absent as he walked to the windows, looking down to the street, seeing where he was heading. "I have a bad feeling that he's involved with something he shouldn't be," he admitted, but his body was still sore. Even if he did follow him, what would he be able to do?
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 9:16 am

A cat? She frowned a little at the notion and somehow it made up for a lot of the guy’s weirdness. She watched the seraph walk over to the window to watch Gaspar. She followed. “He just told you not to follow though. Do you really want to get involced in someone else’s mess?” She asked because she wasnt really seeing a point in it. If it was bad, then why get involved? It could only go wrong. “Come on. Let’s order some food.” She said to take his mind off the cat.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 12:48 pm

Vinnie wasn't sure he liked this, but alas he had no real choice. Besides what Mickey said made sense and he hummed in agreement to what she said. He wanted to catch up with her as well. "When did you decide to get clean?" he asked, walking over to rummage through his drawers, taking out a take out menu that had a lot of different items on the menu. Moving over he grunted softly as he sat down, opening the menu to skim through before handing it to Mickey so she could find out what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 2:14 pm

“Well you dont exactly choose getting clean to start with.” She said with a shrug. She sat down on the couch, thinking it through as she sat there. No, it had very much not been her own decision. “It was actually my girlfriend who found me. I guess I O-D’ed on some heavy shit.” She explained, grabbing the menu as he handed it to her. She decided on a bit of everything pizza because pizza was the best and easiest food to handle.
“No I was a wreck. I dont even remember the first week of rehab. But I was apparently the biggest cunt I could ever be. And that’s taking into account that my normal scale of cunt is decently high on normal days.” She shrugged. “What do you want?”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 3:15 pm

"Didn't even know you had a girlfriend," he muttered a bit in surprise but also because he was happy that there was someone who cared for her. Someone who had been able to get her help even if she didn't want it at the time. He looked a little absentminded on the menu, humming to himself, "large fries and the chicken tenders," he nodded to himself.
"So, I take it you didn't make a lot of friends in rehab?" he chuckled, tapping on his phone, placing the order through an app instead of calling. It was just easier, showing her the screen to confirm her order. She would also see a pop-up message from someone simply titled "M<3" that had the beginning of a long apology. When he turned the screen back around, he looked a little pale, flicking the message off screen and away for him to read later when he was alone.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 3:39 pm

“I dont. I did. The week before I O-D’ed. We decided that it was better that I focused on myself and came back once I was fully through with rehab.” She clarified. But she did smile a little at the thought of the girlfriend. It was a peculiar bond that she cherished.
“No, they were all druggie bitches. I know I know, I shouldnt say that, but they were dicks.” She chuckled just as the message popped up which made her frown. She got a glance and as Vinnie tried to hide it, she sat up. “Why was he sorry?” She asked, rather direct. Mickey didnt beat around the bush with much in her life. “And who is he?”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 4:58 pm

She had noticed, of course she had and he sighed, placing the order as he rubbed his eyes. "His name is Matthew ... Been dating him for a few months," he shrugged, trying not to make it sound like a big deal. "We had a misunderstanding and he freaked out, nothing to worry about, alright," though it was clear there was more to the story, but how did you just say you weren't in a good place? Mickey sure as hell never did when she was around and high as a kite! "It's nothing." At least when you compared it to the struggles that Mickey had gone through.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 5:43 pm

Matthew? What a basic name, she thought to herself. Though that wasnt the important part, that wasnt what she focused on. No, she picked up on something different, something that made her narrow her eyes. It was what Vinnie wasnt telling. As if he wasnt sitting next to someone who had been in many diverse and weird and dangerous situations with guys. “It’s nothing? What was there to misunderstand then? Does he know about the cat?” And even if he did, why was it a big deal? She looked at Vinnie with serious eyes. She wasnt letting this go.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:03 pm

"I just didn't reply last night ... It's nothing about Gaspar, I promise you," yeah, Matthew didn't know about him. And it was so visible in how Vinnie was acting. He sighed, getting up from his seat, "he doesn't like it when I'm not available, and I totally get that, I'd rather he come to me than cheat or something." Poor little seraph. Always used and abused and never someone who really seemed to care for him. He cared too much about others that he forgot himself. "So really ... He's just showing that he cares."
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:34 pm

Didnt reply? And that resulted in an apology message the day after? She didnt buy it. Especially not the cryptic words of the guy not cheating. What did that have to do with anything? “You know, I’ve met a quite few Matthews. Pretty men. They seem kind of fun and outstanding. It’s all fun and games. Until you dont answer at the time they want you to. One Matthew broke my nose, and I broke his jaw. But you dont fight back.” She said, tearing into him if she had to with her words. Mickey was probably the advocate for not letting any man have his way. It just didnt sit right with her how Vinnie spoke of it. “What happened?” She asked, or rather demanded.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:47 pm

Vinnie started feeling tears falling from his eyes, Mickey explaining what she had been through, but only because he was still trying to deny what had happened. "We had a good talk and made up," he said, but his body said it all. It was recoiling, reliving the trauma quite harshly. "He showed me love and mercy, and I got to go home with the promise of coming by later," he said, shivering at the thought of ever seeing him again, and yet his fear of being alone outweighed the fear of getting hurt again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A year later [AU]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4