Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 9:36 pm

He made a deep sigh as she said she wouldnt spoil it. He hadnt thought she would. Feeling her wrap her arms around his neck, he smiled softly as he pulled her closer. He returned the kiss so tender, his breath haltering a little. It seemed that the longer her lips were on his, the more his body seemed to react, his fingers grasping around the fabric of her clothes without his mind realizing. It wasnt till her kisses moved south that he chuckled and loosened his grip a little around her. “I can already tell where this could lead,” he warned her in a soft tone, feeling her lips dance so nicely on his skin. He closed his eyes, about to give in, before he looked at her with a more serious expression. “I need to eat,” he said, looking at the vial in his hand with a small smile. He wouldnt ever risk going hungry around her, just to avoid even the slightest temptation.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 9:54 pm

Hearing his soft chuckle made her smile against his skin, yet it really wasn't her intention to do this to him. She just wanted to kiss him for a while, not needing it to escalate, although it always seemed to end out like that with them. "You won't be getting my body tonight," she whispered in a soft voice against his neck, sighing as she felt like she wanted to. However she had gotten very strict orders not to by the priestess. "I have to remain clean for the ceremony," she said, touching his face gently. Perhaps he hadn't noticed, but they hadn't been intimate in over a week, the priestess' orders of course. And with the lack of sleep he had, she thought it was fitting to let him sleep when he actually could. As he spoke about eating she nodded, but she continued to kiss his neck in small and rather careful pecks. She wasn't trying to evoke any major feelings in him, although she felt herself so willing to give in. "Eat, my love," she whispered against his neck, encouraging him to just relax and have his soul. She still found the whole ordeal with souls confusing, but she rather didn't like thinking about it. She was just grateful for the fact that the vials existed so that he wouldn't have to actually hunt someone down. "And when you've eaten, you'll need to sleep - I can't have you falling asleep during our bonding," she said, the last part being more of a tease, but either way she meant it. She was excited about tomorrow, about what would happen once they had been bound. Most of all she felt rather giddy at the thought of giving him the surprise afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:12 pm

It was hard for him when her lips touched his skin, because his body couldnt seem to settle with only having a small part of her. It always longed for more, to feel her fully and close. Her whisper felt aussring though as her kisses continued he wasnt sure if she was being true. They hadnt been intimate in so long, but his mind had been too occupied with the rise in tension from day to day as they had gotten closer to the ceremony. Her whisper made him lift the vial to his eyesight, though he wasnt sure if allowing her to keep kissing his throat would make him able to hold back. He placed the vial at his lips, sucking the soul down with ease.
Carefully he let her go so they could get up from the couch. He frowned at a passing feeling, blinking a few times before he moved out to the front door. “Something feels off,” he mumbled, looking at the door as he placed his hand on the handle. It was like feeling the handle send an icy shiver through him and he gasped pulling away in an instant. “Buffy stay were you are,” he just said as he clenched his jaw. The handle started moving but the door was thankfully locked. Baal just looked at it as his mind seemed to think their options through. “Aiden and Xander isnt coming home soon?” He asked rather worried.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Buffy just enjoyed being here with him, and as he had downed his soul she pulled away from him, smiling rather innocently at him. To her it was a weird feeling, feeling like they finally had a little bit of space just to be theirs. As he got up and off the couch she frowned for a while, placing her head in a slight tilted position, she looked at him as he walked to the door. As he said she should stay where she were, she had just gotten up to her feet. She felt a shiver run down her spine. "In an hour or so?" she replied, however she didn't understand what was going on. As far as she was concerned, they were still under protection by Nova. The Order would have no way of tracking either of them, that much the celestial had promised them. "Speak to me please ... What is going on?" she asked in a soft tone, feeling scared to even think about her worries. What if the Order had found another way around, which she doubted, but until they were bound tomorrow, and maybe a couple of days after that, they were safe. Right?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:43 pm

“An hour...” he repeated, rubbing the back of his neck as he felt like he was thinking so his head spun around in wild circles. Her question made him wet his lips as he thought about what to say. “Its... the guy who healed me” he said in a dreadful tone before he looked at the door again. He wasnt sure what to think or say but he knew this wasnt good. The mark Nova had given him stung. Then a knock was heard, a steady hard knock. He felt so confused but something was stopping him from grabbing the handle to open the door and figure out what was going on. He didnt trust the situation at all. Another knock, seemingly less patient this time.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:50 pm

The guy? What was his name again? Trent or something? She honestly couldn't remember as she had been so busy worrying about Baal's safety back then. Buffy stepped out in the hallway, taking Baal's hand and pulling him away from the door. "Nova isn't here," Buffy called out to the door, frowning as she wasn't sure if it was wise to speak. She felt like this was wrong. Aiden had spoken about this guy going home already, so what was he doing here and in front of the apartment. "She moved, I-I have the address," she elaborated. Was this going behind Nova's back? She couldn't tell. The two celestials confused her a lot. Placing a hand on her stomach she felt herself take a step back and away from the door further. Something definitely didn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 11:01 pm

“I know,” Trent answered rather coldly on the other side of the door. Baal didnt want Buffy so close to the door with the strange man behind it, when his intentions seemed less like it was in favour of anyone but himself. “I came here to warn you,” Trent then said, Baal feeling a little less worried as Buffy backed off. Trent seemingly got tired of waiting, scrambling feet where heard before a loud thump sounded, as if someone threw their body at the door. “You can open and let me in, or I can force my way in. Your gods do not scare me, your kind can be replaced,” he said in a indifferent voice like either choice didnt matter. He just knew he had to be quick, nodding for his minion to barge into the door again. Baal unlocked the door and opened it to look at the celestial in the eyes. Trent looked up into the daemon’s eyes for a bit before he scoffed. “Oh. So that’s what we’re dealing with,” he said to himself before he placed a hand on Baal’s shoulder to move him away. “I couldnt see it with the void-world’s remains in your system but I see it clearly now,” he said as he walked past the daemon like he had gotten tired of the conversation already and now neared in on Buffy. He looked at her stomach before he made a deep sigh, “That’s the pull I feel,” he said as he looked up at Buffy. “Congratulations,” he added with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 am

Came to warn them? About what? She felt frustrated that the guy wanted to play up this mysterious act, but she couldn't really do anything but stand back. The celestial's cold voice sounded so different from the soft and warm one that Nova always spoke to her in. Maybe it hadn't been wise to bring her counterpart here, but Buffy couldn't have known. All she had wanted was for Baal to survive, and he had, then that was the end of that story. What bothered her the most was that if this Trent knew that Nova had moved, then why was he banging so loudly on the door? They had nothing to offer him, nothing special, but his demanding voice sounded like an order from the outside. As he spoke about them being disposable, she wondered if that was how Nova saw them as well. Letting go of Baal's hand she watched with careful eyes as he unlocked and opened the door. Baal was as always towering over the other guy, but he didn't seem faced by it. Even going as far as pushing the tall daemon to the side and walking closer to her. In pure instinct she moved her arms to wrap around her stomach, protecting what her body knew was the most important thing right now. She looked up at Trent, gazing in to his cold eyes, and then he spoke of a pull, making her frown in confusion. "Thank you," she said in a rather timid voice. She didn't feel safe facing this brute of a celestial. Buffy had had some time to see how Nova moved, and sometimes it looked like she was a ballerina dancing along on air, but Trent was much more bulky in his movements. Her eyes flickered, seeing the men he had brought with him before her gaze went to Baal. "You had a warning?" she asked, trying not to make her throat tie in knots as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Trent couldnt feel intimidated by the tall daemon because in his head they were all lesser than him, even if he believed he saw something else in the daemon. Standing in front of Buffy, he scoffed as her arms wrapped around her stomach as a defensive stance against him but he just shrugged at her question. “A celestial being cannot come into this world without a bond to another. That’s probably why you’re looking a little paler than good’s worth,” he said but it was clear that he cared more for the child than Buffy’s wellbeing. “We need our bonds or we grow weak and die rather fast. It’s our nature to rely on someone else to live,” he explained before he moved his eyes up from her stomach to look at her. “Nova couldnt form a bond with it, since her genes is also in that child, so I came here to make an offer: Let me bond with your child” he suggested, narrowing his eyes a little at the fenix. “It wont be a whole bond, just enough to allow her to come into this world,” he said, tilting his head as he wasnt shy to admit that he already felt that it was a girl.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Even though Buffy felt intimidated by his presence, she still stood her ground, hugging her stomach lightly. It was the only thing she really could do, besides listening to his words rather carefully. As he said something about a celestial she felt confused, mostly because she believed her child would be born either as a fenix or a daemon. She hadn't ever considered her being anything else. But for some reason she believed the man in front of her, and although he didn't look too worried about Buffy, the way his eyes almost softened up as his eyes wandered to her stomach made her trust him. Just a little at least. Remaining silent seemed to be the safest bet right now, but as he spoke about a bond she swallowed, looking at Baal as she felt torn and in distress. "What would the bond mean for Nova, you and ... The child?" she asked. He had said it wouldn't be a full bond, but would it not put Nova in danger? She felt confused and even more so because he seemed to know the child's gender as well. It made her swallow, looking at Baal. Had he nothing to say in this matter?
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Baal just didnt know what to say and yet the shivering feeling from touching the handle seemed to render him a little useless in the situation. It was like as soon as Trent touched him, the mark Nova had given him began to hurt like something that wasnt supposed to happen had happened. He wanted to stand up for Buffy and do something but instead he just stood by and watched with a shameful expression. “I’ll have to admit that this isnt something that happens quite often. I cant say what will happen. All I can say that without it, your child will kill you,” he said to put it rather simple though he thought he had made her options clear from the get go. He wasnt going to assume what may happen because he only really cared for the fact that Nova saw something in these two creatures to not turn his head the other way. “Why do you care?” Baal finally asked a little annoyed in his tone. Trent scoffed, “I dont. Not for you two anyway. I do it for her” he admitted, making a shrug before he looked at Buffy. “You decide,” he told her, crossing his arms as he waited her answer.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Buffy swallowed some of her fears as Trent started speaking about her dying. If she died, then she would break her promise to Baal, and if she lost the child she was carrying, she knew she would never forgive herself. She clearly could get no answers from her daemon, as he seemed to just look at her, and she felt burdened by having to make this choice herself. Baal finally seemed to react, but it only made Trent clap back with a notion of their lack of importance. “I’ll allow it, but I want to make it clear that it does not make our child your property,” she said in a trembling voice. Trent couldn’t just walz in here and think that he had some claim on the child, just because he offered a bond to keep it alive. “But what if you ended up losing Nova?” She asked rather suddenly, looking with confusion on the celestial in front of her. She couldn’t pretend to know much about him, but it was clear he was doing everything for the sake of his counterpart. Was he using her child to win his other half over?
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:03 pm

“I can make you a promise now, but would it matter if I end up breaking it not knowing what would happen?” He easily turned her demand into a question. He could understand that she was worried but his only concern was for Nova. Baal looked down at the floor for a while before he shook his head, “You’ll have to,” he just said as he looked at the celestial, despite the discomfort he felt from it. Trent looked at the daemon, went quiet for a bit before he sighed and made a small shrug with his shoulders. “Fine. She wont be my property,” he said, looking from Baal to Buffy. Her question didnt surprise him, but it wasnt one he was comfortable with. “Well that’s the thing about love. We do things we could end up regretting. I’d do anything to keep Nova happy; Even if that would be her sacrificing herself for someone like you,” he said, frowning as he was quite serious in his words. “You may get it the day you make your bond,” he added, Baal frowning a little at his words. The daemon wouldnt ever let Buffy sacrifice herself for someone else like that but maybe it was his own selfishness getting ahead of himself. “So what’s it gonna be?” Trent asked a little impatient, turning his head to look at a clock a little restless.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Feeling her breath halter for a moment she thought all of this information through. It was not an easy decision, let alone one she had hoped she wouldn’t ever have been asked to make. She looked at her daemon, sad eyes as she knew that this might be their only chance to actually be a family. If she died, she knew Baal would blame himself, and Saoirse would be without a mother, and perhaps even a father. Her jaw trembled as she looked down to her stomach, caressing it softly as if to comfort the growing fetus within it. She already loved her, without knowing the child, she loved her so dearly. “I’ll accept your offer ... This child deserves the whole world if I could give it to her,” she said. She felt weak for giving in, but she also knew that Trent was speaking the truth. Buffy had hidden a lot of her hurt, tried not to whimper in pain when she felt her body weakening by the child growing in her. Perhaps she had hoped that the pain would be worth it, but if her child or her would die in the process, then it would’ve all been for naught. “If anything happens to her, I swear to the Old Ones ...” she whispered, but her words trailed off as she felt tears pressing on. She looked to her daemon, hoping that he would come and wrap his arms around her and tell her she was doing the right thing. Yet she had a feeling that Baal not acting right was the work of Trent.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 pm

“Swear to Nova, she can make it happen,” Trent finished her sentence rather dismissive. He followed her eyes to the daemon, narrowing his eyes a little before he made a nod in her direction. Clearly there was something going on but Baal walked over to her nonetheless and wrapped his arms around her to keep her close. “I dont know what’s happening to me” he whispered silently into her hair, moving around her to keep her in his arms while they both faced the celestial. Trent lifted his hand for Buffy to take but if she took it, it wasnt that he had tricked her into forming his own bond with her. His mark would travel past Nova’s and disappear into her body, though she wouldnt really feel it. Baal clenched his jaw a little, wanting to protest, stop this madness and suggest they wait for Nova. Surely Trent knew the other celestial would feel how he had tampered with one of her bonds? But it was like once Trent had gotten what he wanted, he left like there was nothing else to be said or done.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Baal’s arms soon wrapped around her, but it felt wrong. Then his voice whispered to her what she had feared. Trent has somehow kept him from reacting. But she was not the type to wait. If their daughter was to remain safe, she needed to do this. She felt like that was the only option. Trent held out his hand and she looked at it for a while. What could Nova have offered them at this point? She felt scared, scared to lose her family that had barely been able to lay down small stepping stones. Heaitantly she took Trent’s hand, feeling almost a shift in her as the mark moved through her body. Though she didn’t feel the bond to him, she knew the child would. When it was done she watched as Trent left, feeling her heart race before she broke her facade and started crying. Crying because it seemed like no matter what she was going to lose what she loved before even getting it. Wrapping her arms around her daemon she sobbed against his chest, her body full of emotions as she just let it all out. “I’m sorry,” she kept sobbing in a broken voice. She had felt so torn yet so sure about what to do. Did he not trust her judgement? Had she acted selfishly? She couldn’t even tell anymore.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Trent leaving gave Baal the opportunity to act freely again, though it felt weird. He held Buffy close to him as she cried, frowning to himself as he was still trying to find heads and tails in what Trent had done. He glanced down at his wrist to see Nova’s mark blurred out by some black marks that couldnt be told apart as they just fell right in with his own marks. He sighed quietly, shaking his head as Buffy apologized, wrapping his arms closer around her. “We werent given a choice if he was right and you were dying,” he said, placing a hand gently at the back of her head, running his thumb gently along the back of her ear. He placed his nose in her hair for a bit, inhaling her scent. “We’ll figure it out,” he mumbled into her light strands. “Whatever happens, we’ll figure it out,” he repeated quietly, lifting his head as he moved his hand to lift her chin. “Dont you believe so?” He asked her, but it wasnt that he would get mad at her for not agreeing after what had just happened - It was more to cheer her up because he did.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 5:39 am

He was right, given the choice between her and their child dying or living with Trent being bound to their daughter it was quite the easy decision. His words were almost soothing, making her relax more. There was further between the sobs by now as he started stroking her behind her ear. Lifting her chin up she looked in to the sea of grass that was his eyes, reaching up to cup his face between her delicate fingers. She could already feel warmth radiating through them. Her skin having a faint glow as her body was no longer in so much pain. "I need to believe that it is so," she whispered weakly, taking a few deep breaths. Then she heard the noise of someone running up the stairs, and slamming the door open, there was the blonde haired celestial.

Nova's eyes flickered, looking from Baal to Buffy before she grabbed the daemon's arm, ripping it away from the embrace of the fenix. "You idiot," she mumbled as she ran a hand over the bond she had planted on him. "Why did you agree to that bond? Now ... Now ..." she mumbled before she looked at Buffy with angry eyes. "You don't believe I had a plan to save that precious little girl?" she asked frustrated. She felt her body just bubble up with anger, but it wasn't really because of Buffy. It was more so because of Trent.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:52 am

He looked down at her as she cupped his face, nodding faintly at her whisper as he wanted to now just kiss her and say that they’d best get to bed. But as the blonde celestial stomped and made little effort to cover her arrival, no kisses or words of getting rest were said. Instead he felt his hand pulled from around Buffy to be inspected around the wrist. Her mumble made him frown but he still let her keep his hand in his grip. It wasnt till their child was mentioned that he moved away from the celestial with Buffy. “Buffy was dying and you did nothing!” He said a little more angry than he intended. He ground his teeth just thinking about how it all made sense now that Buffy seemed weaker and his predator side was picking up. “What was your plan then? Wait till the last minute and save only our child?” He asked, tilting his head a little, he knew the affected bond was making him far too harsh. But again, she had mentioned their child as precious and he wasnt sure why. “Why didnt you tell us she’s partly yours too?” He then asked. Letting go of Buffy he walked closer to the celestial, feeling his marks flare with the anger he felt underneath his clothes. “This child is not yours! You may have saved us, but I would never pay the price of sharing Buffy’s child with you!” He raised his voice a little though it didnt feel good. He was towering over the celestial with ease and yelling at her felt like it was already over the top, but the dark bond slurring over hers did something to him.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 8:22 pm

Buffy didn't like how the mood of the room suddenly changed when Nova entered. She had hoped to get some rest, sleep out some of her worries and be in the arms of the daemon she loved so much. But as soon as the celestial started speaking, she felt less than. For the first time in her life she felt like she was truly being looked down upon for her actions, and it showed in how hurt her face was. But that was nothing as she felt her heart sink at how angry Baal sounded. To her, it sounded nothing like the kind hearted man that she was so deeply in love with, and yet here he was, getting angry at the celestial. Buffy understood his anger, but she couldn't voice that she felt it wouldn't help anything to argue. She had done what she believed was the right thing to do. She remained quiet, wrapping her arms around her stomach as Baal started to yell at Nova.

Nova was not having this attitude from the daemon, but she also knew it was because of Trent. Was her counterpart just set on ruining her plans? Grinding her teeth together she finally looked at Baal, her eyes void of emotion as he said that she had let Buffy go around slowly dying. Perhaps it was true, that Nova was a bit more carefree, but she wasn't cruel. She had been looking for a way, trying to use her time wisely so she wouldn't have to ask for Trent's help. "Do you honestly think I would've let her die?" she asked flatly instead of defending her actions. She didn't feel shame for what she had done, because without her, they wouldn't even have been here, and Buffy would've been found by the Order and slaughtered on sight of her stomach. The way the daemon was towering over her didn't really face her, as she straightened her back, scoffing at his words about sharing his child. "I wasn't planning on making any claim to that child, she will bear no resemblance to me, only have some of my DNA that would allow her to be safe," she replied in a cold voice. Nova knew it was not in her to have children. She might dream about it, but a celestial child could not sprout without a partner. "My DNA is the only thing between that child getting slaughtered and living a full life," she said, looking straight in to Baal's eyes. As she looked to Buffy, her eyes softened up. "I was trying to find a solution that wouldn't involve Trent, find a way to keep both you and that little girl growing inside you healthy and alive; but I guess you don't trust my judgement," she said, feeling rather hurt by the fact that Buffy had just accepted the deal. She then looked to Baal, reaching out her hand to him. "Let me remove the bond he put on you, I can't remove the one he placed on the child, but I can remove yours and place it onto myself," she said, her voice breaking a bit as she knew it would mean he would be able to control her for a while. It would just be how it was.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 8:45 pm

“I dont know what to think,” he said in a frustrated tone, looking at Nova with confusion and anger. He was so aware of what Trent had done and yet he felt like he couldnt stop himself despite it. “You barged into our lives out of nowhere, did what no one had thought possible, but we dont really know you,” he said, narrowing his eyes at her, as he felt it was true. He wasnt sure if they had ever spent time with Nova if it wasnt because she was making sure the bonds were fine or something else that wasnt related to actually getting to know each other.
He was relieved to hear that she didnt want a claim on their child, but he still thought a heads up on the genes would have been nice. At least a little indulgence on the situation, rather than having to hear it from someone as cold as Trent. He didnt however like how she was so certain that his child would die without her genes, making him grit his teeth a little and clench his hand, feeling the mark in his palm burn with his bubbling anger. It was a new feeling, feeling this anger feed something that felt quite terrible inside of him. He could have stepped in as she spoke to Buffy but he wasnt going to let Buffy think she wasnt allowed to have her own voice. It was only that when Nova reached out for him and made her offer that he could say something again. “No. I want you to go.” He just said coldly, “For all I know, you could just be working with him” he added, looking at her for a bit with a cold expression that said he wouldnt budge on this. Not now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Buffy felt a knot in her throat, looking down as Nova spoke to her, because she felt like a child getting scolded. What was she supposed to reply with? She barely knew the celestial, and pretending to trust her wouldn't end well. She was grateful for what she had done, how she had saved not only Baal but also their child. But right now she couldn't find her words to either yell or speak. Right now she didn't feel safe, and perhaps it was because she had never seen Baal like this. How he could yell at someone and let his anger bubble up like that. It scared her. If she was to bind herself to him, she was afraid that he would ever unleash that anger on her.

"I'm not leaving until I remove that mark," she said in a firm voice. Nova was not taking no for an answer, and especially not from a daemon who believed her to be evil. "If I don't remove it, you might end up strangling your wife to be in your sleep," she said in a cold voice. Then the sound of a faint sob was heard as Buffy covered her mouth taking a few steps back and away from the two arguing. The celestial could feel how sad Buffy was, even shedding a tear herself as she looked down. "I don't trust Trent any more than you do, but I at least know what he is capable of, and if he wants that child, rest assured he'll not hesitate to kill both of you and take it for himself," she said.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Her firm tone didnt move him one bit as he shook his head. He wouldnt let her touch that mark, he couldnt trust her anymore or at least he felt that so strongly in the moment. So when she said that he might strangle Buffy, he felt like he could strike her for even thinking he would do such a thing but his mind shifted in the instant that he heard Buffy sob, so faint and yet it felt loud as his mind repeated it a few times. He blinked a few times, looking down at his clenched palm to open it and see the mark flare like nothing else he had seen before. He shook his head. “I cant trust you,” he then just said in a defeated tone, seemingly free from the agression he hadnt been shy to use before. He looked back at Buffy, feeling the anger having turned to a bitter sadness the moment he realized he had scared her. He turned to her carefully, lifting his hands to show he wasnt trying to harm her. “Buffy, I wouldnt ever harm you,” he said truthfully as it was what he really believed, even if Nova was claiming otherwise with Trent’s involvement.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:10 pm

"Your anger right now is what is fueling you, and that is because of Trent," Nova said as she could feel his anger because of the bond. She could also feel how he actually wanted to hurt her for even insinuating that he might hurt the fenix. He stated once more that he couldn't trust her, and that was fine with her. However she refused to leave them unattended while Trent's mark was on Baal's body. "Just because you wouldn't, doesn't mean he wouldn't," she said in a cold voice, looking to Buffy shortly.

The fenix looked at her daemon through wet eyes, feeling her emotions bubble up. "What if Nova's right?" she whispered, her voice broken and she was clearly struggling to speak. She was scared, of course she was, because in her eyes her daemon had always been understanding and logical. Not spiteful and angry. She looked down herself, seeing how her body was actually shaking. Was this her life from now on? Was she going to feel scared that her sweet daemon could flip in an instant and lash out in pure anger?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:39 pm

“You dont know me,” he told Nova in a tone void of emotion. If there was a magic spell to get her to disappear, he would have used it without hesitation. He didnt want to believe her, for all he knew she could be filling him with false information and he further just thought not to believe her. He just kept looking at Buffy with soft sad eyes. “Then she has yet to prove it,” he said, glancing at Nova, though he didnt look directly at her. “I wont be some playtoy to these people anymore,” he said as he then shook his head. He felt his eyes well up but he just lifted his back hand to dry it away. He felt torn in frustration towards Nova and sadness towards Buffy at such high aptitudes that the air felt almost thick. He watched how Buffy was shaking, clenching his jaw at the need to reach out and comfort her but he didnt think his touch would. He just looked down at the mixed marks on his wirst before he grit his teeth shortly. He looked up at Buffy again, moving over to her to grab her hand as gently as he always had, trying to catch her eyes. “Look into my eyes my love. Do you think I could hurt you?” He asked, wanting to hear if she truly believed that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next