Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:30 pm

Nova sighed, as it was clear that the daemon had had enough of her, but leaving them now didn't sit right with her. She took a step to the side, letting Baal pass and walk to Buffy whom was still sobbing silently.

The fenix looked down still, hearing her daemon speak of not being controlled. However just as with his marks on his body, she feared that it was exactly what Trent wanted him to become. A playtoy. Though she felt scared, it didn't make her hunger less for the comfort that only Baal could provide her with. As he stepped closer she simply looked at the way he took her hand. His touch so gentle, his voice tender as he pleaded for her to look at him. Her eyes slowly moved upwards, looking in to the calming sea of grass that she always felt could make her feel safe. Slowly her hand gave his a squeeze, moving closer to him as her lips separated. "I know you could hurt me, love," she whispered sweetly, running her thumb along the backside of his hand. "But I don't believe that you would do so intentionally," she added. Her voice was still weak, yet she felt more relieved to see how he usually appeared. Biting the inside of her cheek she looked down to their hands. "I feel like no matter what I do, I will always trust you to keep me safe - But anger is not what I need right now," she said softly, her voice almost a whisper at this point, but still rather audible. "I need rest and peace, not fighting and anger," she said, her eyes moving up to greet his. She was not putting any blame on him, but trying to explain that what ever he felt towards the celestials was not important right now. "She's a healthy little girl, and she'll need a patient father to show her how to handle herself in the world," she said under her breath, moving their hands down to her stomach. She couldn't afford to be selfish anymore. She needed to do what was best for the child.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:51 pm

Her answer made him frown a little, though he knew she was right, didnt mean that the thought alone of ever harming her hurt like nothing else. Her addition made him swallow - Somehow the words felt like ice cold water poured down his spine. But that was because they were talking about one od his worst fears that had revolved around the bad dream - That he would somehow hurt her even unintended. He moved his eyes down to their hands as she did, readjusting his grip subtly as he listened to her. He looked back up at the mention of anger, regret clearly all over his face, but at the same point he felt like it was something that had been needed in a way. A little late but she had to see all sides of him, even the ones he thought he had buried a long time ago. It had been close with Daniel but with Trent’s half-mark over Nova’s, it had been so easy. He wanted to say something as she looked back into his eyes but he wasnt sure it would be wise words. He didnt think they could really have peace not when he was still a fugitive and she going through a pregnancy.
She spoke of their future with their child and he felt like the words were more the likes of daggers than words of encouragement. “Buffy,” he said with a sigh, looking at their hands. “You know I’d do anything for our child. Anything to keep her safe. But I cant trust that either Nova or Trent has our best interest in mind,” he said before he looked at Nova. “I wont let you take that mark away. Stay if you’d like but I’m going to stay certain that neither of you could control me fully with this,” he said, showing his wrist with the mixed mark. “It’s ly final decision,” he said as he looked back at Buffy, giving her hands a squeeze before letting go. He felt so tired, not just from the lack of sleep but the thought that Nova had stirred in things he believed she shouldnt have meddled with and Trent’s words about their child.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 12:01 am

As he looked away and at Nova, the fenix placed a hand against his cheek, moving his face back to her. She was not in the mood for the two to fight any longer. Her body was fatigued, and she needed rest so desperately that she feared she might soon pass out from the exhaustion. "Please love, it doesn't matter wether we trust them or not; They are a part of this, and we just have to accept it for now," she pleaded. They might not have asked for this, but if Buffy could be certain that the child could be safe, was that not a risk worth taking? She knew her daemon liked facts, he understood what he saw, but belief was what they really needed right now. "You are welcome to take the couch; Xander and Aiden will be home soon," she said, maybe a little dismissive to Nova before leaning forward and resting her forehead against Baal's chest. "Can we please just sleep now?" she whispered weakly. She hadn't wished to show how weak she actually was, but it was hard to hide when her whole body was basically screaming at her to get some rest. Nova simply nodded and moved towards the living room, laying down on the couch, but not closing her eyes. She was simply looking up a the ceiling and letting the two lovebirds do their thing.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 12:11 am

Even with her plea and how he could easily see her certainty as she had guided his face back to hers, he just couldnt give in. He had chosen not to trust Nova and that meant he would need time to actually see if he had been wrong or not. So far he didnt feel Trent’s presence in the mark as he felt Nova’s. He had completely forgotten that Aiden and Xander would be coming back but he sort of felt like he wanted to be in bed before then. Feeling Buffy’s head on his chest let him know she was the same. “Let’s go sleep my love,” he said, grabbing her hand before walking to the bedroom. Inside he undressed, at least out of his shirt that felt a little damp from the heat of his anger, before he laid down with a thump. He made a deep sigh as he closed his eyes for a moment, placing his hand over his eyes. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled a little sad after a while of silence.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 12:29 am

His words were comforting, yet she felt almost in a daze as she followed him to the bedroom. Inside she walked to the bed, sitting down before she started to undress herself. It was strange, sitting here and feeling so tired and yet so awake from what had just happened. She got out of her clothes, but she felt like her pajamas was too far away. So instead she just crawled under the covers. Closing her eyes she felt like she was still too awake to actually sleep yet. Then she heard his apology, making her sigh as she crawled closer to him, wrapping an arm around him, kissing his arm softly and a little lazily. "I know," she whispered softly, opening her eyes to look at him. She couldn't help but think that perhaps she was at fault here. Had she sparked the ignition for his anger outburst? "I'm sorry too," she said, her voice rather regretful as she took a deep breath. Exhaling slowly as her body was starting to relax. "I still won't change my mind about us," she whispered sweetly. Even though she had seen a new side of him, she knew it was a passing phase.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 1:21 am

He could have drifted off in an instant but he told himself that he could spare a few more minutes before letting that happen. Feeling her crawl closer made him feel less like the villain he felt he had been. Her lazy kisses were just as nice as her normal ones because he knew she was trying to do something nice. He lifted his hand from his eyes to wrap around her and push her closer to him. He shook his head at her words, looking at her before he placed his hand on her cheek, caressing her cheek with his thumb. Carefully he moved his hand into her hair to massage her scalp nicely. Her whisper made him exhale quite relieved. “Things will get easier once we’ve secured our bond,” he said but he just frowned a little at his own words and moved his hand out of her hair to wrap around her as well before he sighed. “That wasnt very romantic said of me,” he mumbled before he looked into her eyes, “What I meant: I’m not changing my mind either. You’re still the only one I’m this eager to be bound to,” he said in a softspoken tone, leaning down to kiss her lips rather tender.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Feeling him close like this was all she had hungered for since getting up in the morning, but the moment felt almost bittersweet. She longed to be closer to him, but she also knew it would be worth the wait. His brief words made her look down for a while before he seemed to change his mind about his wording. Looking back at him, she flashed a brief smile, mostly because she felt much the same. Returning the tender kiss felt relieving in a sense, pressing herself a bit closer to him as she felt her heart beat faster. He could always make her feel like this, she was sure of it. And laying here she knew that the anger he had displayed in the hallway had been because he was so worried about her. Buffy knew he had said that he wouldn't live without her. She knew how worried he could become once his mind started to spiral. "I want to get some sleep ... We'll have a long day ahead of us tomorrow," she said in a whisper, kissing his lips one more time before laying her head down on the pillow, snuggling close to him. Breathing in his scent always made her relax, and she knew she would soon enough drift away to her dreamland. But before that happened she couldn't help but smile. She was excited, looking forward to not only their binding but also the surprise that was for him tomorrow. "I love you, Belial," she whispered in a slurry voice because of how tired she actually was. It didn't take long before she drifted off, laying in the arms of her daemon that she knew would always keep her safe.

//Out <33//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]   Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reality check - Bittersweet reminder[cw]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6