Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Being human EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Being human EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Being human EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Being human EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Being human EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Being human

Go down 
Ian

Ian

Full name : Ian Moore

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Being human   Being human EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:07 pm

A few regular customers were still slouching over their lunch when the clock struck four and the ‘busy’ hours approached. It really wasn’t that busy, but they did have more customers in the evening, and passed five or six somewhere near half of the restaurant’s seats would be occupied. Compared to other restaurants the same size, it really wasn’t much of a rush, but it was quite a deal for a shady place as The Lunar. And if one only compared it to other restaurants in the Southern District, it really was the best restaurant around.

Until recently, there was never more than one servant working at a time. People just had to shout their complaints and wait, which in all fairness was only to be expected from such a cheap place. But there had been an increase in business lately, and Ian’s boss had actually hired another waiter. He was even willing to pay Ian to work the same hours, to teach this new waiter the what’s and where’s of the little restaurant, instead of just letting her figure it out herself.

And as such, he ignored a drunken growl from that one guy in the corner, to leave for the back entrance and welcome his new co-worker. He knew what that corner guy wanted anyway. He always bought a soup and two beers, only to ignore the soup completely and order another beer.

He walked through the dimly lit dining area, with it’s tattered tablecloths and withered tapestry, before making his way pass pots and pans in the messy kitchen, where he made a notice of the big pile of dishes he’d probably have to take care of later. The cook was smoking a cigarette, sitting on a stool while stirring lazily in something Ian really couldn’t tell what looked like. Regardless, he added an optimistic “smells delicious!” to the cook, before finally reaching the back entrance.

He opened the door and stepped out. “Kassia Summers?” A friendly smile was spread across his features as a hand reached out to greet her.

Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being human   Being human EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Outfit
______

Kassia felt herself constantly readjusting her skirt, feeling like it was rising up her thighs, but it was clearly what her new boss wanted. She wasn't unknowing to the way the world worked, but she had hoped that her uniform would at least make her look decent and not this - for a lack of a better word - slutty. Stumbling around for a while in the back alley she finally stood up straight, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. It was just a job, but she desperately needed the money, so when the manager had hired her with no resume, it was a hard deal to turn down. Even is this place was renowned for it's strange clientele. Walking in to the kitchen, the smoke felt thick in the air, making her cough a little, looking around until a guy was standing right in front of her, making her jump in her spot by surprise, a small "oop" sound escaping her lips. As he pronounced her name she raised an eyebrow, but judging by his uniform she guessed he was her new co-worker. "Yeah yeah, I'm Kassia," she said, her Scottish accent always very strong when she was rather nervous. She looked at the hand he was holding out, and she realized she had probably seemed rather rude, taking it finally and giving it a good squeeze before letting go. "So, I guess you'll be my mentor, innit?" she said, flashing him a small grin as she adjusted on her skirt again. Her red hair was a little messed up by the wind outside, but it wasn't too bad. "Where do I start?" she asked, her eyes looking around the kitchen until her eyes landed on the guy once more. "Oh, and what's your name?" she suddenly asked, chuckling a bit as she felt a little silly.
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

Full name : Ian Moore

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being human   Being human EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 pm

Ian recognised the black and red colour palette from his own uniform, even though his were less revealing. By far. He wondered if the boss had chosen this particular outfit for the costumers' pleasure, or his own. It sure wasn't for Kessia's pleasure, as she seemed to struggle with the skirt quite a bit.

He only nodded and didn't get to even open his mouth, before she loaded him with another question. She sure talked a lot. And with a difficult dialect as well, which left Ian equally baffled and amazed. Eventually he just grinned a little, as the moved to the drinks area were he pulled out some glasses from a cupboard.

"I'm Ian Moore. I've not been here very long either, but I am your mentor I suppose. Only for tonight though. Officially. But you're more than welcome to ask me anything, anytime." He smiled and gave her two of the glasses, while leading her to the beer taps.

"Right, you can start here. Fill them to roughly two inches below the glass edge. Not less, or we'll get complaints, but if you do too much more, Boss will start pulling it out of your paycheck. Trust me, I've tried." He grinned again and let her have a go.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being human   Being human EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Kassia followed Ian, already feeling like she needed to pay attention, but she was a little struck by how helpful the guy seemed to be. Mostly because she hadn't seen much of that kindness in this part of the district. Nodding at his comforting words, however she could feel a bit of nervousness sneak up on her as she realized she only had one night to learn everything. She took the two glasses, looking in to them and looking a bit confused, before Ian started to explain to her how she was going to fill them. "Aight, so two inches from top ... Sounds easy," she mumbled, mostly to herself to help her remind. As Ian mentioned that their boss might take a cut off of their paycheck if they were too generous with the beer, she made a very strong mental note to herself about it. Placing one empty glass on the counter, she held the other under the tap, frowning as she had to yank at the handle for a bit before it loosened up. Beer poured down in to the glass, and Kassia chuckled a bit as she seemed to get the hang of it, handing it to Ian. However her butterfingers were as always in her favor, making her drop the glass filled with beer right where she stood, making beer and glass fly everywhere. "I'm sorry!" she said quickly, squatting down as she started to pick up all of the small glass pieces. She knew she was clumsy, but for once couldn't she just act a little more cool? Mumbling small swearwords to herself, she managed to gather most of the glass, already bleeding, but she seemed more preoccupied with cleaning up than the fact that she had a rather large cut on her right hand palm. "At least she's pleasing to the eyes," and elderly drunkard commented, making Kassia's face grow red as her hair as she turned around to the trashcan to dump the glass. She didn't really want to turn around and face the drunkard, at least not with her face this red, so instead she grabbed some paper, crumbling it up in her hand to press it against the cut, making her breathe in sharply through her teeth.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being human   Being human EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 pm

//Ended, seeing as I'm changing the character Razz//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being human Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being human   Being human Empty

Back to top Go down