Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Jealousy doesnt know how to let go

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Iola

Iola

Full name : Iola Margaret

Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:52 pm

"We'll do a brunch buffet so you can pick only the things you like," he assured her as he sat up, thanking her while he accepted the mug with coffee. He blew a little on it and then took a small sip, sighing to himself. He was readjusting himself a little as she spoke, smiling with a broad smile as he looked up at her. "Yeah? Well that's perfect," he said in a sincere tone, reaching out to grab her hand and just hold it. He frowned a little at the mention of Iola, because it was kind of hard to see if there was anything that was wrong, beside the obvious wheelchair. "I wonder where she gets all that energy to be so happy from. I swear I've never seen someone that obviously happy about even the smallest of things in life," he said in a pondering tone because it was something he had thought about. It was like nothing could really make the daemoness sad and he didnt think it was just some facade. "But if she cant, then it'll just be us two. How do you feel about that?" he asked, because he had thought that it might be a little hasty for her or maybe that was just his worries getting ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Benjamin was always so considerate. She knew she was sometimes a mouthful to handle, but honestly he made it seem like she was the most perfect person in the world. Margot sent him a faint smile as he took her hand, it felt good, really good in fact. It was just the comfort that she needed. Chuckling softly at his comments about Iola, she nodded, taking another sip of her coffee. "Well, from what I know, she has been through horrible things, and I think she's just grateful - But I like her energy, she keeps me on my toes, but I just wish I could be a better friend to her," she sighed, leaning her head back to look up at the ceiling. Margot didn't know if the daemoness really liked her, but frankly she made Ezra light up like it was Solstice every day, so in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter.
She swallowed at the mention of just the two of them going, shrugging lightly. "I mean, I don't think I would be opposed to it ... I guess it just makes me a little nervous," she confessed. He had never tried doing anything she didn't like, but there would always be that fear in her. And if she was alone with him, and in another country, then who was to say what could happen? "Ben, I really like you ... My past just makes me a dumbass," she mumbled, shaking her head as she looked down. She could feel her eyes water. She didn't deserve him. He deserved much better, and she knew that, but by the gods she just wanted to have someone in her life that cared about her like he did. "I'm sorry," she mumbled, sniffling a bit as she tried to contain herself.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:22 pm

"What? Are you telling me that you're not a good friend to hear? I cant believe that," he said in a sincere voice but chuckled too because it seemed a little silly that she believed that. He had seen how the two of them interacted when they were around each other, to him it seemed like they were sisters or something.
He however was very interested in hearing what she thought about the possibility of just the two of them having to go. Her confession made a small smile creep up on his lips but he lifted his coffee to take a sip and conceal it. He sighed at her mumble and shook his head. Didnt everyone have a past that were making them do silly things? "Dont say that," he said in almost a soft tone, giving her hand a soft squeeze. He put his mug back on the nightstand before he took hers and did the same, if she allowed him. Once there wasnt a potential threat of getting scolded by hot coffee, he'd scoop her up and hold her close. "Hey. It's okay, Margo," he said in a soft tone, though he hadnt ever called her that. It hadnt just felt like the right time, but now he felt like it was the right moment.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:49 pm

"I'd like to hope that I'm a good friend to her, but I think she doesn't want to open up to me fully yet - which is fine," she pointed out with a small shrug. It wasn't that big of a deal, but she did want to get to know Iola better.
Of course she got sad. It was like the only emotion she had these days; either that or angsty. She sighed as she let go of the cup, wiping her face for her tears, feeling his arms scoop her up. Hiding away her face in his chest she began to shake a bit. Her heart was still so broken, and it was hard to say that without disregarding what Benjamin meant to her. It will be different, but it doesn't mean it won't be good. Even when she felt the most lost, it was like Ace's words rung in her head. However her body couldn't handle what Benjamin said next, shaking her head. No, he couldn't call her that, that wasn't right. "D-don't," she pleaded, crawling out of his arms before storming off to the bathroom. She grabbed on to the sink, looking at herself in the mirror. The towel having slipped down, her dark hair showing and she untangled it with shaking fingers. She couldn't handle being called that. She couldn't be Margo. She couldn't. That would hurt more.
If he came to check on her she would be sitting on the floor, her knees pulled up to her face, hiding her face as she was shaking. "Please never call me that again," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm

It had felt like a good moment to show that he was seeing her as more than just a friend, because it did feel that they had progressed a lot. However her reaction made him think quite differently because it wasnt exactly how he thought she would have reacted. Now that he was expecting applause, but for her to get sad just irked him in the wrong way. He let her go and sat for a bit with a deep frown on his face, before he got up and went to check on her. Her whisper made him swallow as he placed a hand on her elbow, looking at her with worried eyes. "Okay I wont," he promised her, caressing her arm carefully. "I-, I just thought that... But maybe I was wrong, I just wanted to call you something that wasnt just your name that everyone else calls you," he mumbled a little flustered because he hadnt meant to make her sad and now he felt bad.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Was she being irrational? She honestly couldn't tell at this point, hearing him come in just made her shake a little more. Was he going to be angry with her? Tell her she was acting like a child and that he was just trying to make a sweet moment. Of course she could understand what he said, but she didn't really know how to process it. She looked up from her knees, her eyes fluid and her cheeks a little puffy from the sobbing. She reached up to take his face between her palms, holding it for a while as she thought of something to say. "Why don't you just call me your girlfriend then?" she asked, her voice a little weak, but it was clear she meant it. They hadn't really discussed a relationship, she had been too afraid and perhaps something in her had hoped that the whole thing with Ace would blow over. However now that thought had seemed so stupid. "But only if I get to call you my boyfriend," she added, trying to crack a smile with tears running down her cheeks.
Frankly she knew it was moving too fast for what she liked, but if he really meant what he said, then she wouldn't mind being defined by that. Her heart was still in pieces, but maybe he could put it back together. Maybe he could take her crumbling heart and keep it resembling a beating organ. "Ben, now is really not the time to be quiet," she whimpered when he didn't really seem to reply or even react. Her whole body was fearing what could be said next. But the worst thing would be silence. If he said nothing, if he didn't react. That would break her.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 am

He felt like his excuse wasnt even that good because how could he just assume things like that? He looked at her as she looked up and swallowed hard. He just wanted to make her smile and feel happy, that was always his intention from the day they met. She had seemed to grumpy then and he had actually told himself that he wanted to see what she looked like when she smiled. She took his face into her hands, so he guessed that he had excused himself enough to not have ruined the whole thing. But her suggesting that he’d call her his girlfriend made his face clear all emotion as he just stared at her. It was kind of funny because he had been trying so long to ask her and now she was just doing it so bluntly and it honestly surprised him fully. Maybe it was the fact that he had prepared himself for so long that hr thought he was going to do the asking and just await a reply. Now he was supposed to answer. He was zoning out a little, just staring at her. Her whimper made him shake his head back to reality, leaning forward to kiss her lips. “Girlfriend,” he mumbled against her lips, like it was something he couldnt really believe. He leaned back away, blinking a few times. “I was going to ask you that night. And yesterday if you hadnt drunk that much on your own,” he said, feeling his heart work overtime. He could feel himself getting warmer, his hands a little clammy. “So are we that now... boyfriend and girlfriend?” He asked to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 am

She was afraid, because last time she had opened up her heart like this she had been met with complete silence. Not even a real reply. But as Benjamin leaned in closer, connecting their lips, she felt like her heart was actually beating from happiness. It was strange, because it was just a label, nothing else, but hearing him mumble that word against her lips she whimpered with happiness before returning his kiss. As he pulled away she opened her eyes slowly, seeing him in a bit of a panic, but it was rather cute seeing him flustered like this. His confession made her smile, looking down at her knees. Her hair was still wet, sticking to the back of her neck, but it wasn't too bad. His question wanting to be clear made her chuckle and nod. "Yeah, if you want to," she said with a small smile, reaching out to take his hand.
This felt good, and as the weeks passed, they got closer and closer to their trip up to Sivi. She still felt a little nervous, but in a good way. They were sitting at the bar one night, she was giggling about the show she had just done - rather typical of her to still work even though she was supposed to take some time off. "I think I've got so much material in my head that my hand has a hard time keeping up," she confessed, leaning over to kiss Benjamin. They had actually gotten really good at the whole public thing. For Margot it was as if it had clicked when she had asked him to be her boyfriend. She had realized that she would have to put in more work, and it showed. Her hair had grown out longer and she had bleached it completely platinum blonde - a trick her management was surprised with, but they didn't see anything wrong in trying to stand out from the crowd.
She looked at the table sighing. "Alright, my turn to buy," she declared, crawling over Benjamin, briefly sitting in his lap and kissing his nose before going off to the bartender. She stood at the bar, waiting to get the guy's attention as she saw a familiar figure in the corner of her eye. "Alister," she said a bit surprised, but she was smiling, not sulking which was rather strange from how they had said goodbye last time.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:22 am

Of course he wanted to, he had been trying for quite a while to have exactly this conversation with her. His face was just filled with happiness as he pulled her into a close hug. “I’m really happy,” he said in a sincere tone before he sat there for a while with her. Whenever she was ready they would go on their brunch and Benjamin was blooming with pure happiness.
And it didnt seem that it faltered over the weeks. He was proud of being with her. Of her being his and vice versa. “Yeah? I hope it’s the good stuff and not the mishaps I do that make you almost choke from cackling alone,” he said with a soft chuckle, returning her kiss gently. When she had memtioned wanting to change her hair, he had been nothing but supportive and urging her to do what she wanted despite what others would think. “I would have done it for you but a bet was a bet,” Benjamin shrugged, though he wasnt actually that serious. It had just been a fun little bet in how her manager would look once she showed up with her new hair. He let her pass after giving her sides a soft squeeze, continuing his talk with one of her band members that were there too.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

Full name : Alister Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 2:33 am

Life for Ace had become quite simple. He just completely shut out the thought of love and continued his life. Because for him, trying to find something new when he felt he had ruined the best just seemed pointless. He would always just compare her to the one he truly loved. It was hypocritical that he had encouraged her to find someone else, yet completely chosen not to do so himself. His friends had talked him into joining them at the bar and he had thought that turning down their offers for a 20th time might mean it would be the last. So here he was out drinking and it actually wasnt so bad. Hanging out with the guys and catching up on what had been missed. Luckily with his friends, he didnt have to worry about them asking about her because they knew how hard the breakup had been, and he hadnt told them about the time he drunk called her because he frankly found himself quite pathetic for it. He was standing close to the bar but not directly at it, just talking to some girl that was curious about his tattoos. A familiar voice made him turn his head instinctively but the sight that met him surprised him a little. Not that he found it weird because he had changed too, the purple colour slowly getting shorter and shorter because he hadnt bothered to have it recoloured. “Margot,” he said, frowning a little before he asked the girl to give them a minute. “Blonde? I thought bright yellowy colours were... well bad?” He asked but then he shook his head. It wasnt his business. “It fits you,” he said with a small nod, though he couldnt really return the smile.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 10:06 am

"You'll just have to wait until I have the raw tapes to hear," she chuckled before leaving for the bar. She had really come to care for Benjamin, he made her laugh and when she needed it he held her close. It really was a completely different relationship from anything she had tried before.
However seeing Ace with another woman did sting a bit, she tried to ignore it, telling herself it was just lingering emotions and not actual jealousy. The purple was still visible, but it was fading a lot, his dark hair was what she saw mostly. His question made her shrug. It was weird, because he was right, but perhaps reclaiming that color had been what she had needed. She felt confident, sexy even, which she hadn't felt for a long time. "I guess I had to embrace the sour things in life," she just replied before he shook his head. Sending him a small smile at his complement, she wondered how he was doing. She wanted to pull him aside, hear how things were going, but she could see his friends not far from him. They had an almost shocked look on their face, because they had been so used to the homey-Margot that had been with Ace. But now she had been able to figure out who she was, she was more confident, much more independent, and Benjamin had been a factor in that. "Hey, how about I buy you guys a round too? I'm getting one for my table as well - You can even join us if you want to?" she suggested, looking briefly at the girl he had been chatting to. The girl seemed so surprised, placing a hand on the daemon's arm and pleaded with him to join her.
Regardless of what he said, she would place a rather larger order of beer, taking them down to the table where she re-joined Benjamin and the band.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:48 am

Her reply was something he wasnt sure what to say to. Was it a hint? And if it was, could he really be angry about it? Most probably not, because he knew what he did that morning. He didnt have to look to know that his friends were looking at them. They had probably been looking at him interact with the girl at first till Margot showed up. The suggestion made him frown a little because he wasnt too sure if it was really that good of an idea. Hadnt they both agreed that they wouldnt be able to uphold a friendship? "Uhhh.." he contemplated despite the girl's pleading, pulling out his phone before he sighed. "Yeah sure, I've got at least a beer or two before I gotta leave," he said.
His friends had so many questions but he just told them all to shut up and pulled up Margot's offer. Most of them agreed and soon the two groups connected. It was weird in a sense, because most of Ace's friends actually hit it off with Margot's band in the past so it was more like things were falling in place like they were supposed to. But it just wasnt completely in place because everyone knew that Margot and Ace wasnt an item anymore and now this Benjamin guy was around. The girl had also joined them but Ace didnt even know who she was. He however wasnt going to sit around and say who could and couldnt join them. "So what is this new hair? Change of pace? You're really rocking it," one of the friends said, looking at Margot with a smile. "How's it going with the EP? We keep hearing people talk about it," he added with a chuckle. It was probably local pride but it seemed that everyone wanted to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:02 am

Margot nodded at his words. One or two beers they could handle, right? She placed the beers down on the table, crawling back over Benjamin to sit where she had before getting up. "Benjamin, this is Ace, an old friend," she said, rather casual, because it was clear she didn't feel the need to explain to him who he was. Was it obvious? She couldn't really tell, lifting up her beer to take a sip. It felt good to speak to the guys again, frankly they had become such a big part of her nights out, that it had been rather empty at first. The comment about her hair made her chuckle, shrugging a bit. "Well, Ben was taking me up to a cabin in Sivi and we passed a hairdresser on the way. It was rather random, but just decided to go for it," she explained. She wanted to take his hand, hold it and show him off, but at the same time she didn't want to upset Ace. He had been so respecting this time around - despite the mishap with the text.
Then came the bigger question, making her sigh as she shrugged. "I feel like I have so many ideas, but I can't really seem to narrow in on one," she explained. Thinking about it for a while she looked at Benjamin with a faint smile. "But I think I have one single in mind that's going to be the lead," she said, taking another sip of her beer.
She had missed having a bit of time off, drinking and just talking. Looking at Ace's mates it felt almost like olden times. At first the daemon had been nervous to introduce a human to the mix, but they had kind of embraced her, no questions asked. "How about you guys, how have you been? I've only seen a couple of you around at a time - don't hesitate to say hi, alright?" she said with a faint chuckle. She could understand that their loyalty was with Ace, she could understand that they were not going to hang out with her, but it stung a bit to almost not be recognized or even greeted briefly. Margot turned her head and looked at Ace, the people around them wouldn't notice, but there was always something about how she looked at him. It was hard to explain, unless you knew how or where to look. "You got work tonight?" she asked. She had thought a lot about him, but more in regards to staying safe. Dom hadn't really shown up, and she was worried that he might get caught up in something he shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:11 am

"Ben?" the guy awsked but then he sent who he presumed to be Ben a smile, clearly not judging who Margot was with now. Ace's friends might have been loyal to the daemon but and sometimes given the vibe that they were complete assholes, but they all knew that Ace would be pissed if they meddled in business that wasnt theirs to meddle in. Ace clearly seemed to not show if he was bothered; Even if deep down he was. Which was why he kept quiet, mostly stuck to listening to the others smalltalk and join in if it was something that didnt require a lot of thought. If he looked at Margot it would only be in subtle glances, because he was so aware of how he had this way to look at her like she was all that really mattered to him. He wasnt really in the mood for testing whether he would still look at her that way or not; Her new guy was after all right next to her. "Alright then, keep your secrets, guess we'll find out when it's released" the guy chuckled at her words.
Some of the guys shrugged at her question about what they had been doing. Ace drew in a deep breath and looked around. "They'll remember that in the future," he said, the others nodding with mumbles of agreement, because it seemed like they had had some sort of confusion about it. But it wasnt that most of them had been around much lately anyway, everyone had had their own to tend to in these times. The smalltalk continued and Ace was taking small gulps of his beer as he felt Margot's eyes on him. He looked at her and then away as he thought about her question. "Yeah," he said with a shrug. One of the guys poked him with an arm. "You gotta be rolling in money with the amount of work you've been doing lately," he quite bluntly outed the brute which made him send his friend a long stare. The friend retreated with a chuckle, seemingly not caring that he was annoying him. "It's nothing but the usual, someone made a hiccup and I gotta go sort their shit out," Ace remarked but then again, had he even ever clarified what that meant? He had always just told her that he didnt want to get her tangled into the bad shit he was doing. "What do you work with?" Benjamin asked because it did seem a little mysterious to him. "Night watch at a fucking pottery," Ace just answered quite seriously and somehow unfriendly because who couldnt figure out that it was something most probably wasnt something good. Or maybe that was just because Ace knew what it was but why was this jackass so interested? Benjamin frowned a little but had no further comment.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 am

His friend's remark made her worried. He had never said what he did explicitly, and she had never wanted to ask, because it made her stay on the safe side of things. Even if he got hauled to jail she wouldn't have any information that could damn him in court. However Ace's remark made her nod, trying to pretend like she wasn't worried for him. She still cared for him, loved him even, because those feelings would never go away, no matter how much Benjamin was filling her heart, there would always be a part of her that belonged to the daemon across from her. It was clear he was agitated by Benjamin just being there, and she turned to her boyfriend, smiling softly at him. "Ace works mostly with a security company - He gets sent out to a lot of places, keeping guard and that sort of stuff," she explained, sending Ace a rather hard gaze to remind him to stay nice. Benjamin had no clue about her past with the daemon, and she wanted it to stay like that.
Despite everything, Margot was actually handling this rather well. She felt Benjamin's hand sneak up on her thigh, and she leaned her head against his shoulder rather involuntarily because it was just something she did out of habit at this point. Maybe it was hard for Ace to look at, but she wasn't all over the guy. "I was actually thinking of playing a few demos here next week ... Just see how the crowd reacts to certain lyrics and melodies," she said humming to herself as she thought about it. It was clear her bandmates were up for it, they had already gotten a sneak peak at some of the songs. It was the best that she had written so far, but she wanted the EP to be even better. She wanted it to be unexpected and raw, and she wanted people to feel something.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm

The brute was really trying to be on his best behaviour but maybe it hadnt been that good of an idea to just introduce them as friends. It made him feel quite on edge if he wasnt already and he suddenly felt very aware of how he was thinking and even looking at her, which he hadnt ever had to bother with before. So lashing out in an unfriendly manner wasnt unexpected but Benjamin did find it a little off-putting. But she had said it was her friend, so what could he do? "Oh okay," he mumbled at her words but as much as he clearly wasnt fully buying it, the more he wondered if it was just him being judgemental towards the brute. Ace just scoffed at Margot's stare and returned to drinking his beer in peace. He even managed to ignore how close Benjamin and Margot were behaving.
"Well what nights? We'll come cheer you on," the talkative guy said, but he was also being quite genuine. His name was Mark and as much as he was up for talking ears off people, he was great at conversations. "Gotta give that local support a boost so when you travel the world, you'll know what roots made you," he added with a chuckle, in any other circumstances had he poked Ace in the side with his elbow to get some sort of reaction out of the brute but it seemed that he had fully just adapted to not doing that. Ace pulled out his phone to check a message, sighing deeply before he got up. "Guess that was only half a beer. Gotta bounce," he said, clapping one of his friends on the shoulder before he looked at Margot. "It was nice catching up," he said despite the fact that they hadnt really talked at all. He headed out and felt the cold on his face. He made a deep sigh and was just about to go as he felt someone pull his arm. He didnt know why he had hoped so bad that it would be her, but of course it wasnt. It was the girl he had met at first, asking for his number. It didnt feel more sour than that. "Does he just never smile?" Benjamin asked once the brute was gone, which made Mark chuckle and shake his head. "I havent seen him smile in ages. But it has always been rare with Ace,"
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:39 pm

"Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week," she said with a smile. Mark and her had always hit it off rather well, but sometimes Ace's jealousy got the best of him. Maybe it was because he had made up his mind about not getting back together, or perhaps he just didn't care about her anymore, but she couldn't really see him reacting much to how her and Benjamin were sitting. As he got up, she frowned, her eyes actually rather hurt, but she was trying so desperately to hide it. "Yeah, uhm, take care," was kinda all she could say before he left. She felt herself space out from the conversation between Benjamin and Mark, looking out in to the room before she had made up her mind.
"He used to," she mumbled, getting up from her seat, kissing Benjamin sweetly on the cheek before heading out. However she stopped herself in the door, watching the girl ask for Ace's number, and she felt that pit in her stomach again. She couldn't ruin his happiness, not by being this clingy ex who just couldn't stay away. Her eyes looked and happened to catch the daemon's, but she quickly turned around and went inside again. She was acting stupid and irrational. She had Benjamin for the gods sake! He adored her, he cared about her and they had finally made it official. A small shiver ran through her spine as she headed for the bathroom. On this state she could just excuse her behavior as being slightly tipsy and forgetting stuff. She stood in line to get in, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she felt like it was the only way to contain her heart beating this loud.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:59 pm

He did feel quite awkward standing there with the girl because he knew he had no intentions of ever hitting her up. What was the point if he didnt have any interest in her at all? He felt someone's eyes on him and looked up to see hers. The person he had hoped for to reach out to him. But it was like seeing her at that distance, in the door, reminded him that what he had held onto was just a mere hope. She had a new boyfriend now and he was supposed to let her be happy! He looked at the girl and shook his head, mumbling a lousy apology that he couldnt even remember after he had said it, but she did give him this hurt look before she went back in. He drew in a deep breath and looked at the bar. All irrational thoughts were telling him to head back in and tell her how he felt. But the rational reminded him of the last time they had been like this. And the last thing he wanted was to hurt her once more. He ran a hand through his hair and felt so conflicted. But in the end he decided that it was the best for them to just keep each other at bay. Sure it was easy now to pretend like nothing had ever happened but how long could they feed that lie to themselves? He had to go to work anyway, maybe that way he could let out some of that pent up anger.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:18 pm

It was like she buried her further in her music. She was at the studio a lot, forgetting time and space as she was writing, playing and singing. At this point she wasn't know who she was writing about. Was it herself? Benjamin? Ace? it was hard for her to comprehend, but the words flowed out of her, and her band were eager to try and put her ideas in to reality.
Flyers were hanging up all around the city, Margot Heath at the Limelight Bar. It felt a little surreal, but people were actually flocking to come hear her. Of course some were there just in case something went wrong, ready to ruin her chances. It was how Southern worked; either they backed you, or they tried to snuff you out. She felt a little nervous that night, Benjamin had said that he had to study, but would come as soon as him and his study group finished up. She had spotted Mark in the crowd too, but she had been a bit in her head, just pacing a bit backstage. "I'm going to throw up," she mumbled, her drummer giggling. "You sound so dramatic, you're gonna do fine," he said with a faint chuckle. The bassist looked up from her instrument. "Is he out there?" she asked a little uncertain. "I don't know, I haven't seen him since last week," she muttered, but it only made her that more nervous. Ace had always been there when she would play new music, he had been there as a support. Iola and Ezra were out there as well, Margot making sure they had a table relatively close to the stage. "And it shouldn't matter - right? I mean I can do this, I've written these songs and I'm allowed to play them," she tried arguing with herself. It was rough, trying to contain all of her emotions. She was wearing a rather normal outfit, at least rather modest from other things she had tried on. Looking at herself in the mirror of the back room she felt a shudder run down her spine. Was she ready for people out there to hear her?
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:48 pm

You had to be a certain kind of dumb to avoid all the talk and least to say the flyers announcing the upcoming concert. But you'd be surprised to know just how far Ace would go to avoid feeling the pit in his stomach grow bigger. It was like seeing her again that night just woke something in him that he had been trying to forget. Making him wonder how it would have been if he had just gone back in to her, done all the things that he should have done. And so the spiral went on and on, like twisting a noose around his neck till the point where he felt as if he was suffocating.
And then he showed up. When he shouldnt have, he was standing there in front of the bar, looking up at the broken neonsign that only had half of the letters light up, but everyone knew the place anyway. He looked down, taking one last moment to consider whether he was going to turn around and just leave. But if he left now, wasnt it supposed to be for good? How long could they keep on like this, till one of them were completely and totally broken? He stepped inside and walked up to the bar, glanced towards the darkened stage. A sigh left his lips as he ordered a strong drink, just the usual whenever he was feeling his nerves get to him.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Iola had been looking forward to this for so long. The EP was coming closer but the daemoness couldnt hide her enthusiasm or interest in just fully support the human with doing what she loved. She was almost jumping in her chair of excitement as she sat rather close to the stage with Ezra. She had let them do her make up once again and insisted on wearing only colours that would help Margot keep her calm. She held the mythical's hand under the table and stared up at the stage. "This is so exciting," she mumbled as if it wasnt obvious to anyone that could see how she sat so uneasy. Most would believe she might be uncomfortable, but she was just happy. She turned her head and looked around till a small frown fell over her brows. She squeezed Ezra's hand and looked at them with worried eyes. "He's here," she mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:20 am

Margot didn't know what to do with herself, but she knew this was no time to chicken out. It looked like the house was full tonight, and she took a deep breath as one of the promoters stuck his head in, announcing they had roughly five minutes before showtime. She started shaking again, but now it was more from the thrill of going out to sing. She loved this, she had loved this ever since she had gotten the chance to actually make money off of this passion. Now she just needed to go out there and show them all what a rock star she really was. Taking in a shaky breath she nodded at her band, them following her as they made their way from the back room out towards the stage.
The promoter got on stage first, doing his job of introducing them before letting them have the floor. Margot spotted Ezra and Iola, flashing them a confident smile, but she felt the adrenaline rush through her body. The lineup of the songs were set from the start, and she grabbed the microphone, leaning a bit against it. "Good evening Limelight!" she called out excitedly, making the crowd cheer and her chuckle in to the microphone. "I'm not gonna lie, I feel like I'm about to shit my pants ... And these are really nice ones too," the crowd chuckled, and she shook her head. "This is a new song from the upcoming EP," she said as the music started playing slow, then breaking out with a nice guitar and drum beat. She bopped her head along to the rythm, smiling as she turned to look at her guitarist, nodding as to say she was ready. "Take me I'm alive - Never was a girl with a wicked mind, but everything looks better when the sun goes down," she started out, her vocals just as edgy as they always had been, if not even clearer. "I had everything; Opportunities for eternity, and I could belong to the night," she sang the song picking up before the music went more silent. Her eyes moved over the crowd, before she spotted Ace. "Then your eyes, Your eyes; I can see in your eyes, Your eyes - You make me wanna die! I'll never be good enough! You make me wanna die and everything you love will burn up in the light - And every time I look inside your eyes, you make me wanna die," she sang with more power. She didn't know where her fierce power in her voice came from, but it was clear it was words she knew by heart. She looked away from Ace, looking at Ezra and Iola instead, continuing her song until it ended with the bassist and her harmonizing in the last lines. She felt her heart in her throat, as the crowd went mental for her music. It felt surreal, it felt like things were worth all that pain she had gone through, but it never felt like enough.
The show was going great, she played a few different songs, noting down what people seemed to like. Was Ace even still there? She hoped so, but she hadn't dared look in his direction. Her last song was coming up and she felt a bit nervous. "I really want to preface this song by saying that I know it's not the usual song for me or my band ... But I want you to keep an open mind," she said, clearly more relaxed on stage, but this next song was going to break her once she got off stage. The music started slow, more acoustic than was her usual style, and her voice delicate and raw. "You don’t want me, no - You don’t need me," she sang, already feeling her heart break, but she dared to look in his direction, praying he would be there. This was her only chance to tell him, it was her last resort. "Like I want you, oh, like I need you," her voice gentle and vulnerable, the crowd swaying along, but she just wanted to look at him. "And I want you in my life, and I need you in my life." It was like this song had written itself, she had just felt the need to get those words out, and hopefully he could hear them.
"You can’t see me, no, like I see you - I can’t have you, no, like you have me," she sang, moving to the rythm, closing her eyes when the emotions got too strong for her to handle. She already wanted to cry. "And I want you in my life, and I need you in my life; Love - Love - Love," she said, almost whispering the last three words, feeling that word still such a struggle to her, but she had gotten better. She finished her song, and the crowd
clapped her and the band off stage. Normally she would've greeted people, but she needed to get her tears out before she could even pretend to be fine, hurrying off the the back room.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:57 am

He had told himself just one and then he’d leave. He had never missed any night where she had decided to try some new material, he would always be there to show how he cared; or at least it seemed that way because he had been so unable to stay away. He could do that without ruining things. Be in the background, maybe she wouldnt even notice him there? He grabbed his drink and downed it, just as the stage lit up and the promoter came forward to do the usual presentation. The brute sighed and told the bartender to keep refilling his drink. She then came out and he swore she looked so beautiful with that golden hair in the warm light. He looked down and drew in a deep breath. He definitely needed a drink to keep him steady. Her remark about being nervous made him scoff because somehow he felt the same but he wasnt the one on stage. He had considered going further back to a point where they wouldnt be able to see each other but something was keeping him glued to where he stood. The music started playing and he nodded his head to the beat, liking what he was hearing sp far. But then she looked right at him as she sang and it was like the words were exclusively for him. He frowned a little as everyone else just seemed to cheer on and love everything they heard. He looked away almost at the same time she did, just stared down into the bar desk with angry eyes, but who was he more pissed at. Her for creating this banger of a song that essentially disclosed how he had been treating her or because he hd exactly been treating her like that? He downed his drink again and didnt know if he wanted to stay for more songs but his legs still felt glued to the floor.
He was there for all her songs even if he had told himself it would only be one. The last one left him speechless. The way that it mostly relied on her voice just took him back to their first couple of days together how he sat with her and the guitar, strumming the guitar while she sang. It felt a little top real and he was far too sober to be thinking about those times. He was in his own thoughts even as the song finished because in his mind all the other songs that she had sung for him and only him just came back to him. He kept downing every drink the bartender gave him till he started feeling a little tipsy. She had gotten off stage and he didnt know what to do. The song had just seemed like... well he was so damned certain that she was happy with Benjamin! Why was she insisting to reach out for someone that only seemed to hurt her? He felt frustrated and angry, clenching his hand to control that fragile temper of his.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 am

Her eyes stung looking at him. She knew she couldn't have him, he didn't want her, and yet he was there to support her. It just felt like the lyrics she had written for that last song was exactly this moment. She wanted him, she would always want him and he would always have her, but it wasn't reciprocated - at least not to her knowledge. Locking herself in the bathroom backstage she was shaking. Had Benjamin been there she had tried to play it off, but how could she when the one her song was about was right outside in the bar? Margot wasn't good at handling her emotions, and ever since that day she had just locked them away, hoping that they would disappear on their own.
The bassist came knocking, telling her that she needed to come out, that people were eager to talk to her. The rest of the band chimed in, saying how everyone was going crazy for the new material, but it was like it didn't matter. This was her dream, yet it felt so empty now. Trying to gather herself she fixed her make up slightly, before she came out. Ezra was standing there, and Margot hurried to them, hugging him close. "Thank you for being here," she mumbled, pulling away to lean down and embrace Iola. It was clear from her voice that she had been sobbing, but she didn't want them to talk about it. "Wasn't Ben supposed to be here?" Ezra asked with a slight frown. They had always been there for Margot's shows, and it just felt strange that her boyfriend wasn't there. "Yeah, he had some other obligations ... I think he's starting to get frustrated with me," she sighed, shaking her head as she didn't want to talk about that either.
It wasn't like Benjamin was cruel, he was sweet and considerate, but Margot had a hard time being intimate. She would always excuse herself out of the situation, and in her mind she was sure that he was growing tired of her. Sometimes similar thoughts had come in to her mind when she was with Ace, but he had always noticed right away, pulling her close and reminding her of how he felt. Different. Everything was so different, and she felt herself on the edge of losing her mind a bit. "Ace is out there," she whispered, afraid to talk too loud and make anyone hear her. "I can send him away, if you want me to?" her guitarist suggested. He was a pretty big guy, but Margot shook her head. She didn't want him to leave, she wanted him to come see her. But she couldn't just say that out loud, because her friends wouldn't let him near her willingly.

"I'll go talk to him," Ezra finally said, smiling as they looked down to Iola with a reassuring smile. "It won't be long, I promise," they assured her, kissing the top of her head before heading out. Margot was unsure of how to react, but she just let them. Ace and Ezra had had a turbulent relationship in the past, but the mythical could see when their friend was hurting. Moving up to the bar, they positioned themselves not far from the daemon, ordering a club soda. "Why are you here?" they asked in a sour tone, but it was only because Margot had seemed so upset. Couldn't he just make up his fucking mind instead of stringing her along like this? "She's out back, afraid to come out because she doesn't know if you'll hit her or ignore her - and frankly I don't think she knows what would be worst," he muttered through gritted teeth. Ezra was not a violent type, but they were passionate about their friends.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 11:18 am

So there he sat in his own mind, lost in memories and bitterness, trying his best to not just throw a fit and fight whoever that was closest by. He did all the exercises he had been taught, thinking of happy places but that just went to a memory with her and pissed him off even more. He'd count to ten, but barely made it to five before he decided that there was no fucking point in counting like a dumb idiot. The only good thing was as long as he kept his thoughts going, as angry as they might be, he at least wasnt lashing out on someone unsuspecting. He noticed someone out of the corner of his eye but he should have known that it would be Garth of all. God how he hated them showing up to question him. "It's a public fucking bar, Garth," he hissed, ordering a new drink as his mutter made him grit his teeth. "When have I ever fucking laid a hand on her? Fuck you, is she scared of me. I've never heard bigger bullshit in my life," he spoke quite angrily in disbelief, before he got up and turned to the mythical. "But fine I'll go. Tell her it was a great fucking show," he said, pulling out some cash to pay the bartender before he went for the exit. It was maybe a twist of fate but more like the unlucky kind that the moment he was going out the door, Benjamin entered and the two of them collided. Or more Ace wasnt moved out of place while the other guy got pushed back. "Oh, Ace..." - "Shut the fuck up. Why the fuck do you bother showing up once it's all over?" - "I- Uh. I was busy," - "Busy doing what you dumbfuck? What the fuck can be more important than your girlfriend playing her new songs before they're released on her fucking EP? Huh?" Ace demanded. He didnt even have to really raise his voice to sound angry because of the power in his voice that he could bear from just being angry. It did seem to aggravate the other man. "Why dont you mind your business?" he suggested which made Ace scoff. "And watch you treat her like shit? Yeah, right," he scoffed before he stopped for a second like he was contemplating not to. But he decided against his contemplation in a simple mumble of fuck this and reached out to grab Benjamin's collar before hitting him quite hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy doesnt know how to let go   Jealousy doesnt know how to let go - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jealousy doesnt know how to let go
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District-
Jump to: