Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

These happy places we go to

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

These happy places we go to - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 pm

She let him take off her shoes as she kept looking at her trinket. It was how she thought she could ground herself, but it wasnt really working that well. She was used to standing like this until Ayalla would push and pull her to bed. Oh the times she had woken up fully clothed with her shoes on her floor and her makeup a mess to make her eyes itch. She followed his lead to the livingroom but she didnt seem too comfortable herself with how clean it all was.
She felt the blanket around her and grabbed onto it, looking at him as she blinked a few times as he wanted to know what she needed. “Home,” she mumbled, frowning as she looked around, clearly not thinking this was it. She sat down on the couch and pulled her legs up, just to curl a little into a ball. “I’m scared Ethan,” she whispered, closing her eyes before she whimpered softly. “My trinkets,” she finally said after a long pause. She had never really said much about why she was collecting all sorts of small things, but he would probably figure it out before the night was over.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:19 am

Frankly Ethan felt like he was an idiot, frowning as she said she needed home. Was this not it? He kneeled down in front of her, looking up at her as he watched her pull herself in to a ball. Her words was not something he ever thought he would hear from her, moving to his feet, sitting down next to her if she allowed it, wrapping an arm around her. It had seemed to make her happy at the playground before he had ruined it, and he hoped that it would help. Trinkets she then mentioned, his lower lips shaking a little before he grabbed his necklace, pulling it over his head and pulling out a few hairs. "I'm here, Vane, I'll always be," he promised, handing her the necklace. Did that count as a trinket? It was just an old dirty silver chain, the small pendant flat and round, an E pressed in to the metal. "Here ... Ya can have this," he spoke softly, hoping she wouldn't just throw it away in a fit. He sighed, holding her close if she let him.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:47 am

His arms around her, the promise, it all just seemed to make her calm down, rather slowly but effectively. She looked at the necklace as he handed it to her, running her index down the E on the pendant. She looked up at him, reaching out to touch his face carefully with gentle strokes. “Thank you,” she whispered in a shaky voice, looking around his face. She couldnt explain how calming it was to touch his skin, but she knew it wouldnt have felt this way with just anyone. “My trinkets were all I had, all that would keep me safe,” she explained quietly, holding the pendant tight in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:59 am

Ethan felt rather relieved in the fact that she took the necklace. It wasn't really anything special, but he did wear it a lot, however he would rather see her happy than wear the necklace again. She thanked him and he just shook his head lightly, not moving out of her hands. It felt good, but did it help her? She explained the trinkets, making his eyes soften up. "I'll be there from now on, I promise ya, yeah?" he said, his voice encouraging. "All I've ever wanted was for ya to be happy," he confessed, his hand moving to place over her hand holding the trinket, his thumbs caressing the back of her hand in small circles.
"I did tell ya the truth; I care 'bout ya," he reminded her, his voice sincere, but would she ever truly believe him. He hugged her a little closer, having heard something about it being able to ground someone to be hugged tightly.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 am

She looked at him as he said he would be there from now on, making her swallow as it felt a little overwhelming to think about that he would be there all the time. But she would get used to it. She looked down at his hand holding hers, closing her eyes as she just wanted to focus on the feeling. His reminder made her nod, though she was a little too distant in mind to note his words to remember once she came back to her normal self.
It didnt take long before she fell asleep or more just passed out; she wasnt really sure which it was because she usually just seemed to wake up with no recollection of even falling asleep in the first place. Next morning it felt like she was shocked back to life, her whole body flinching as she gasped softly for air.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am

As Vanessa had fallen asleep in his arms, he had laid down with her carefully, laying behind her with his arm still securely around her. It took him a while to fall asleep, but when he finally did, he felt almost in bliss. He could smell her hair even in his dreams.
When she awoke with a gasp, he blinked a few times, not sure if he had dreamt it, but he could feel how her body flinched and he let go of her. He mumbled a drowsy sorry, his eyes moving lazily around as he was still coming out of sleep. But truth be told he hadn't slept that good in a while. "Ya alright?" he mumbled, sitting up and running a hand through his messy and dirty hair, fluffing it up a bit, but ultimately it still looked like a mess. He was slowly starting to remember the events of last night, sighing to himself as he rubbed his face. "I'll go make us some coffee," he said, but he wasn't really a morning person.
He got up, scratching his side where his jeans had dug in to his skin, yawning and stretching his body. He was by no means as tall as Gareth, but he still had to restrict his body when they had been on the couch.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 5:35 pm

She felt like she had been hit by a bus, but compared to all the other times, waking up in Ethan’s embrace made it far more bearable than when she was just on her own. She couldnt remember what happened but she knew it had something to do with her feeling scared in the cab. She sat up and moved the blanket around her, though sleeping in your clothes wasnt exactly a comfortable feeling in the morning. “I’m okay,” she mumbled a little flustered, trying not to think too far into how she ended up sleeping in his arms. It had to be a one time thing, it couldnt happen again, because friends couldnt be doing that, at least her friends if they didnt want their ass kicked by Gareth.
“I need to change clothes,” she said tiredly, getting up with the blanket still around her as she went to her room. That was when she realized that she was holding onto something and seeing the necklace she frowned to herself. Was it Ethan’s? She didnt know who else’s it could be, but it made her smile a little to herself as she looked at it. She got all her clothes off, beside her underwear, to then walk over to her drawer to pull out a simple lightgrey tanktop. She put that on with some loose cargo pants in a dark green, that sat nicely under her waist. It was a weird home-outfit but it was quite comfortable, and when she looked in the mirrror, she felt nice too. She went out to the kitchen after she had put the necklace in her pocket, grabbing her packet on the kitchen counter before she went to the windowsill. The maids always tried to keep her off it, but she just swept the decorations to the side and sat there anyway. “I’m guessing you know now why I kept running away at weird times,” she said as she pulled a cigarette from her packet and placed it in her mouth. “I’m sorry you had to see that side of me,” she said in a calm tone, leaning back against the windowsill. Her makeup was a little smudged from the crying and she felt the irritation in her eyes clearly, tears mixed with makeup to a mean cocktail of itching.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Ethan stood in the kitchen, heating up the spring rolls for her and listening to the water drip through the coffee machine. He liked staying at Vanessa and Ayalla's place; Mostly because their stuff always worked. But also because he always wanted to be closer to the daemoness. She came back out as he was pouring a cup for her, putting something in if that was what she preferred, and handing it to her before pouring himself a cup. He took a sip, burning his tongue a bit, but quickly resumed to keeping an eye on the spring rolls. She started speaking and he listened, mostly because he wanted to hear what was going on, but he hadn't really put two and two together yet. Then she apologized and he frowned, turning around to look at her. "Why are ya apologizing? Ya didn't hit me or nuffin'," he said, not sure if that was what she meant. Was she dangerous in that state or was she just not liking showing her weakness?
He walked over other to her, looking at her messy make up, and fuck he liked seeing that. Not because of the tears, but because she had slept in his arms. Even if that was the first and only time, he really liked it. "Vane we've known each other for four years now ... I feel more like a shitty friend for not knowing," he said, frowning. He was always rather attentive, at least when it came to Vanessa, but had he missed something so important as this? Maybe he had just been fooling himself, thinking that he noticed everything about her, but alas it was probably hard to know everything about a person. "I juss wanna know - Did I cause it? I mean I know I acted stupid at the playground, and I just want to apologize for making ya uncomfortable," he said, looking at her eyes if she was looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 3:00 pm

She scoffed at his question, shaking her head as she placed her coffee next to her on the windowsill. “I’m sure the last thing you were expecting last night was anything but that” she said with a small sad smile. She lit her cigarette and looked at him as he moved closer, inhaling deep on her cigarette to feel the nicotine do it’s work. “How could you have known? I kept running away and shut you out,” she shook her head, not wanting him to feel bad for it at all. She exhaled the smoke out the window, as he then asked the last thing she had expected. She frowned and shook her head, “Ethan no,” she said almost softly, looking at him with serious eyes. “I had a great night yesterday,” she said, not knowing what else to say when she wanted to say that it was one of the best ones she had had in a long while. She grabbed the coffee by her side and lifted it, softly blowing the steam away before taking a small sip to not burn her tongue. “Do you want your necklace back?” She asked as she avoided his gaze in case he said yes. “.. Because.. I dont really remember why you gave it to me,” she explained, pulling out the necklace from her pocket to hold it in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm

He did feel some sort of relief when she said he hadn't been the cause behind it. Honestly he had been worried, worried that he had caused her to act like that and be so out of it. They were quiet for a while, Ethan looked out the window, feeling a slight breeze come in, making him sigh. Then she asked him something that made him frown. She pulled the necklace out, and he touched it carefully with his thumb and index finger. "I don't need it back if ya wanna keep it," he said. Sure, he liked that necklace, but maybe this was the only way he was ever going to say how he felt for her. Her explanation made sense, she had been so scared and shaking, but she had calmed whenever he had given it to her.
"Ya spoke 'bout trinkets ... But I didn't want to let go of ya, so I gave you ma necklace," he confessed. He had been way too scared to even think about letting her go to grab something for her. "I want ya to keep it; Make it a happy memory," he said, his lips pulling up in a boyish smile. Ethan wasn't really known to give gifts, but he saw it more as something that might protect her. "I promised ya I'd always be there; And wiv that trinket I am," he said, chuckling as he felt silly, letting go of the necklace, letting his hand dangle by his side.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 5:40 pm

She wasnt sure if she could just keep his necklace like that if it meant something to him. As much as the thought warmed her, it felt like a gesture for someone who was more than just a friend, which she wasnt really. But the way he spoke of it just made her feel more like she wanted to listen to her greedy side and keep it, because it really did make her feel happy to have it. He told her to make it a happy memory, but she already felt like it was one. And his boyish smile was just something she couldnt stand for, as little as she wanted to admit it. She closed her hand around the necklace and sighed before she placed her cigarette in the ashtray. A smile spread on her lips as she reached out and pulled him in for a hug. “Thank you,” she said quietly, holding him rather close. The smell of her favorite spring rolls caught her nose and she chuckled softly as she let go of him. “You really know how to take care of me,” she said in a sweet tone, moving off the windowsill to follow the smell. “When’s the movie?” She asked, glancing towards him as she got her food.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm

He hadn't really expected her to keep it, not the way she was looking at him, but when she pulled him in for a hug, he chuckled lightly. He wrapped his own around her, loving having her close, but also knowing that it would end up hurting him in the long run. "Don't mention it," he said, wanting to add more to that sentence, like some talk of a friendship, but he didn't want to be left with a bitter taste in his mouth.
When she let go, he smiled, shrugging lightly at her comment. "Somebody's gotta do it, ya know," he said, trying to play it off, but he was glad that she noticed. She went to grab the spring rolls, and he went over to finish his own meal which was the rice, along with some eggs he had found in the fridge. He knew they wouldn't mind, well except for maybe Ayalla. Her question made him hum, taking out his phone to look at the reservation. "In a couple hours," he said, sending her a smile before popping his phone back in his pocket. Normally it would be buzzing with messages, but it had been silent. "I was thinking of taking a quick bath," he said, transferring his meal to a plate and grabbing a fork before sitting down at the small kitchen table.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm

She nodded as he answered, though a part of her felt a little bummed out. A couple of hours could pass so quickly, but she wanted to feel like this forever. She did notice the lack of buzzing on his phone, but she wasnt going to throw some remark at him; after all, she would hate to hear that it was just because he muted his phone for now. She chuckled as he mentioned a bath, sitting down next to him before she carefully reached out and touched his hair, even if it was messy and dirty. “I do like the dirty bad boy vibe though. Dont know if you can keep it up by smelling like flowers,” she chuckled, but she didnt care what soap he smelled like. It was only that that was what they had, because Vanessa cared so much about hair and soap that she was very strict with which soaps were allowed and which werent. She wanted soap that actually cleaned the hair and not just chemically fried it over time. She didnt realize she was still playing softly with his hair at this point without sorting out or changing the mess, but she pulled her hand back. “Sorry,” she mumbled, turning her attention to eating her springrolls instead.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 pm

"I'm a dirty bad boy, with or without a shower," he chuckled lightheartedly, eating his rice and eggs before he realized she was still playing with his hair. He liked it. There was something nice about her just reaching out, doing what she wanted to him, but as she pulled her hand back he shook his head. "Ya don't have to apologize 'round me, Vane," he told her, sending her a smile before looking at his plate. He must've been hungry, because he was almost already finished.
"Imma grab that shower, yeah," he said after finishing his meal, getting up and placing his plate and fork in the sink. Then he headed off to the showers, he knew the bathroom location already, and he knew where they kept their towels. Turning on the water he waited for it to heat up, getting undressed before stepping under the water. He liked his showers rather cold, but not so cold that he would start freezing. After that he simply got out, dried off his body fast, but there still being a few water droplets on his chest. Pulling on his underwear and jeans, he moved out in to the apartment, feeling rather refreshed. "Where ya want the towel?" he asked, stepping barefoot and shirtless in to the kitchen if Vanessa was still there. His face had some smeared eyeliner left around his eyes, but he always had that look. His hair was clean, but still a mess while he was drying it with a towel.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 pm

While he went to have his shower, she finished eating before she took the plates to the sink to wash them off. She grabbed her coffee cup when she realized it was getting cold, drinking a long sip before she began washing the dishes. She was whistling quietly to herself, just some melody she couldnt remember where she had heard before. Maybe it was some song that Ayalla had been obsessed with that was now just stuck in her head. She placed the clean dishes in a rack before she dried off her hands and went to the windowsill, but not before she fixed at least the long lines of mascara that had trailed down her cheeks. She guided out the smoke from her cigarette and squished it before it could burn further; she could already imagine Ayalla with a disgusted expression as she would scold her for not going outside.
She turned her head as he returned, looking shortly at his chest before she looked at his face. Seeing him shirtless was definitely breathtaking and she would have shown just how flustered she felt if it wasnt that she couldnt do that as her father’s daughter. “Uhhh. Just anywhere. The maid Sanuel hired takes care of it,” she said with a shrug, turning to look at him as she was done in the kitchen. She went to the livingroom to sit down, pulling out her phone from between the cushions to check it. “Samuel called, just uhhh... watch some tv or whatever” she suddenly said as she frowned. She excused herself to go to the other room and call her father.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:07 am

Ethan nodded, deciding to just throw it on the bathroom floor in the corner - that way it wasn't really in the way of someone. He returned, stretching his body as he put on his shirt, messing with his hair before it was just a wet mop. He still found it hard to think about just how loaded Vanessa's family was, not that money mattered to him, but grasping the whole idea of wealth was sometimes giving him a headache. Moving over he sat down in one of the armchairs, looking at the daemoness as she spoke. He nodded, a frown on his brows as he was a little nervous, but he decided to abide by what she said. It honestly wasn't his thing to deal with, even though he wanted to stand up for her, it was her battle. "Sure, I'll just be a good boy and wait for ya," he chuckled, smiling at her to let her know this was alright.
He grabbed the remote, turning on the TV and zapping through some different channels until he reached a music channel. It was rather nice just to hear something new and refreshing. Digging out his phone from his pocket, he checked up on his messages; A few from Darren, most of them incoherent, but he could understand that they were all going to meet up one of the upcoming days. Then there was one from Gareth, one about a new shipment that had arrived that they could be stoked about. But that message also gave his stomach a large knot. Gareth was like a brother to him, not flesh and blood, but definitely closer than him and Samuel. And right now Ethan felt himself to be a scumbag. He had acted out of line with Vanessa, and he wasn't sure how much of it was even acceptable in the daemon's books. Sighing he leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes as he just listened to the music.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:11 pm

She chuckled as he said he would be a good boy, she went into her own room and sat down on her bed as the phone was ringing. She held her breath a little because you could never know what her father wanted. He answered and she wasnt wasting her time, asking him right away what he wanted. Of course he was just asking about yesterday because Samuel Prideux had eyes everywhere. “Samuel, it’s none of your business who I choose to see or not. Do you think I would hide it if I wanted that guy to be my boyfriend?” She asked a little annoyed but she was lying to her best ability. She wasnt cruel, she wanted to keep Ethan safe unlike the other guys that she had seen in the past. “Stay out of my relationships or I’ll give you something real to be mad about,” she said a little annoyed before hanging up. She threw her phone on her bed and looked at the ground as she needed a moment to calm down. She then went to the livingroom, hoping that Ethan hadnt heard the conversation she had just had with her dad. “You know you’ve always had a great voice for singing,” she said as she sat down on the couch and pulled her legs up.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Ethan was just listening to the music, trying not to listen in when he heard Vanessa raise her voice over the phone. He felt bad, mostly because he sometimes wondered if he was the reason. However he just tried humming along to the music until she returned once more. He opened his eyes, looking at her with a cheeky smile as he chuckled, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "I dunno ... I ain't trained or nuffin', so I might just end up ruining the chords," he said with a small shrug before turning to sit so he was facing Vanessa. He could see she was still a bit upset. Unlike Gareth, Ethan found Vanessa easier to read; At least to some degree.
"We don't gotta watch that movie if ya'd rather stay home?" he suggested. Maybe going out would just be an easier way for her to feel watched over. "Besides, staying here means we could juss turn this room in to a giant pillow fort," he suggested, his boyish smile creeping forward. He wouldn't mind staying here, the only thing that made him a little nervous was the fact that his heart was racing like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 pm

“I dont think you’d need a lot of training,” she said with a shake of her head but maybe it was too silly to talk about. She placed her elbow on the back of the sofa to rest her head in her hand. She was still angry at her father, only she didnt know that he could tell. His suggestion made her frown a little. “I dunno. I want both things,” she said with a shrug. The thought of a giant pillow fort did make her smile a little goofily. “But what about the reservation?” She asked as she tilted her head. She didnt want him to lose money just because she wanted to avoid her father’s lack of understanding of privacy. “Are you sure it’s okay?” She asked a little worried. Was he just saying these things to make her happy or was it something he wanted to do?
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 8:08 pm

"Iss juss five quid, nuffin' too bad," he said with a small shrug, still a smile on his lips. He liked being around Vanessa, so why would he suggest something he didn't want to do with her? So that was why when she asked if it was okay, he just chuckled, getting up on his feet as he started moving around the furniture. "Honestly, we can be anywhere together, and I'd be fine," he said in a genuine voice, looking at her, his multicolored hair spilling in to his eyes, making him blink it away as he moved around until he had assembled something that looked like a skeleton for a fort.
"I haven't done this in ages," he chuckled, feeling rather excited. Maybe it way just something that he missed from his childhood, a place where you could hide away for a while and just pretend that it was a different world. "But I used to be pretty badass at building them, if I do say so maself," he grinned, grabbing a few pillows and throwing them on the ground, making Vanessa take care of the interior while he focused on the exterior. "How 'bout ya? Have ya done this before or?" he asked, wanting to know more about what she remembered and what she didn't, but without sounding like he was interrogating her.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 4:53 am

He got up and she looked at him as he started to move things around, his words making her blush a little though she quickly tried to contain her emotions. It was just harder with him and she didnt know why; well she did but it just felt easier to pretend to be unknowing. She got up and went to gather some blankets from a cabinet. She could already imagine the house keeper lose her marbels over this, but she couldnt really care now. His chuckle made her stop for a second as she looked down at the blankets in her arms. She bit down on her tongue and decided to keep the mood up, placing the blankets over the skeleton he had made. “Well, guess we’ll see if you’ve gotten rusty after all those years,” she chuckled, pushing the pillows in with her feet before she carefully got down to crawl inside. She placed the pillows nicely before she looked around and sighed to herself. It felt like something was missing. She crawled back out and shrugged at his question, “Never. I did crawl under my bed all of the time,” she started explaining as she went into her bedroom to fetch some things, “...The vague memory I have, is that I hated being there so much that I wanted to eacape into another world,” she continued, coming back with a small bag in her hands. She went to crawl back inside, sitting down in the soft pillows before opening the bag. It had a bunch of glow-in-the-dark type of stars that she started to stick onto the fabric above. “I used to pretend I could see all the stars, that my bed, the room and whole facility just went away,” she explained, sticking the last few stars in just the right places. It was maybe silly, but it could calm her so easily. “Come inside,” she urged him with a bright smile over her lips.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 am

Ethan was of course too occupied with moving the furniture around to even know the daemoness blush, but he did notice the lack of reply. Maybe he had gone too far again, and he felt that bitter taste once more at the back of his tongue. Why couldn't he just shut up and accept that they were friends and it was all they were ever going to be? However the human also knew that once his heart was set on something, it was hard for him to let go. Perhaps that was why he was so close with Gareth. They had bonded and now he just couldn't let go of him and the feeling of brotherhood he had found within that friendship. But then again, thinking about Gareth just made it harder for him to accept that his heart wanted Vanessa.
He chuckled lightheartedly as she almost challenged him, but it did make him want to prove himself. He listened to her, and hearing her explain how she crawled under the bed made him frown a little. It must've been rough. She left and as she came back he noticed the small bag, but didn't ask any questions about it. Frankly he was curious, but he knew he had to wait for the end result. He stopped for a second as she spoke about seeing all the stars, and he felt his eyes soften. Of course it was always the stars. It was like no matter where they went in the nighttime, her eyes always found a way to look up at the twinkling lights. And how many times had Ethan not wanted her to look at him the way she looked at the stars above? He felt himself bite the inside of his cheek, pinching his lips a little before he entered the fort.
It was quite spacious, but he could far from stand in it. Crawling in, he positioned himself and laying down to look up at the plastic stars. A small smile crept on his face, chuckling a bit to himself. "This is awesome," he chuckled, turning to look at Vanessa. Did she find this lame? Ethan had a childish side to him, he always had, and even Darren called him out for it sometimes. He took a second, just to really look at her, his eyes softening up as he felt so deep in his mind, but alas he looked back up at the plastic stars, reaching a hand up to run a finder over one of them. "I always wanted these as a kid ... I think it was just mindblowing that they could glow in the dark," he chuckled. His other arm was stretched out so that she could lay her head on it. Even if she didn't, he would still keep it there. "Do ya wanna watch a movie or sum'fing?
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 3:43 am

She waited for him and as he got in, her eyes softened up as her heart seemed to go crazy while realization seemed to hit her; here they were, having fun once more just the two of them. Gareth would never approve if he saw them like this, she knew that already. But she wasnt really concerned with her uncle’s overprotective ways, because he wasnt here was he? She smiled softly at Ethan as she watched him look at the stars, biting her lip a little excitedly. “It is,” she agreed, looking at him a little while longer before she finally decided to look up at the stars. It wasnt as good as watching the sky, but it was even better with Ethan here. She chuckled as he spoke of his child self wanting the stars, laying down on his arm as she sighed. “If I had known they existed, I would have wanted them too,” she said as she kept her eyes on the slight glowing plastic. They could really shine in the dark but with the light coming through the fabric walls, it was difficult. She looked at him at his question, swallowing as she thought about it, though her eyes rested for just a second on his lips. Why was that sum’fing setting so many thoughts in motion in her head; thoughts she couldnt ever act on. “A movie would be good,” she mumbled, needing some sort of distraction before she felt like she would lose her mind. She looked back up at the stars again, her breath shuddering slightly. “I feel a little cold,” she quickly lied, a white lie that felt so necessary. She huddled up a little closer to him, hoping she could ease up on the thoughts racing if she just gave in a little.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 10:32 am

She agreed on a movie, but then she spoke about being cold. As she huddled closer to him, he felt his heart skip a beat, but he rather instinctively turned to lay on his side, facing her, as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her closer. "Good thing I'm so hot," he mumbled, trying to joke it off, but he just felt so happy to hold her close. He knew he would never be able to tell this to anyone, but in the moment it didn't matter.
"Ya know ... We can also just lay here for a while," he mumbled, placing his chin on top of her hair, looking a little blankly at the blank covered interior. "I mean ya didn't get a good nights sleep or nuffin', so maybe ya just needa rest," he said, trying to rationalize it. This was stupid, he knew it was stupid, but he just didn't want to let her go. To think that Ethan the skirt-chaser had had his heart stolen was incredible ironic, but right now in the moment it was how it was. He was going to be hopelessly in love with her, but it would never be reciprocated or even accepted. So it was with an aching heart he just pulled her closer, laying on the soft pillows and breathing in her scent.
He didn't even realize he had drifted off, but holding her close, feeling her body against him even though it was fully clothed had just made him feel happy. He hadn't slept the best either, constantly worrying and adjusting himself if Vanessa had needed something during the night. He was still half asleep as he started to mumble stuff in his sleep. "Nah ... Nah ... Please," he mumbled, his voice sorrowful and his brows frowning. "Don't leave," he pleaded, his voice still slurred.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 am

Feeling him pull her closer and just hold her like he did was all she could ask for, seeing that more was even surreal to just think about. She bit her lip and closed her eyes as she just laid there and held onto him. He suggested sleep but she wouldnt be able to sleep in this moment, mostly because she couldnt really sleep during the day. She closed her eyes anyway and just listened to his breathing. Even if she wasnt sleeping, feeling this relaxed would definitely do her some good.
She could tell he was drifting off by the way his breathing got heavier, smiling softly to herself. He started mumbling and the way he was sounding made her frown and lift her head. “Ethan,” she whispered softly as she placed a hand on his face, running her thumb over his cheek. “It’s just a dream,” she mumbled quietly, hugging him closer to her as she placed her ear on his chest to listen to his heartbeat. “Just a dream,” she whispered, closing her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

These happy places we go to
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next