Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Love is a strange size

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ace

Ace

Full name : Alister Harvey

Love is a strange size - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:18 am

"I know babe," he said, frowning a little to himself as he knew some of her past quite well and the unknown seemed to speak for itself. "But spoiled milk is the least of our expenses to be concerned about," he said as he shrugged. He had been born into a quite nice family at least on the wealth. Not filthy rich but not struggling either.
He shrugged at her reply with a cheeky smile in the corner of his mouth. Maybe he was up to something and maybe he wasnt. He wouldnt tell her if he was. He made sure to bring ketchup if she wanted that or whatever sauce she preferred on her toast. Her thanks made him chuckle as he shook his head and sat down next to her. He placed a hand lazily on her lap before he looked towards the tv. He thought he could wait with his workout till she went to have her shower, for now he just wanted to spend time with her. "Uhhh... Nah, it's chill today. Everything has been running oddly smooth lately, so I'm just waiting to see when it's gonna fuck up," he said as he frowned a little at the tv. "Will you visit me if I get busted in jail?" he then asked with a grin as he turned his eyes to her.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

Margot was just eating and as he sat down next to her, she felt the hand on her lap, and knew it was more of a way to be close to her, yet still letting her eat in peace. His words made her nod, taking another bite as she frowned a little. She usually didn't ask too many questions, mostly because it was to keep her safe. She understood that, and never tended to pry open something that was meant to be kept closed.
Then the question hit her, sucking off some ketchup from her thumb as she placed the plate on their small coffee table. Leaning back, she turned to face him, looking at his face with a frown as he was just grinning. "Yeah ... I would," she said. Of course she ran away from time to time, but it was just how she was, but she didn't wish to be without Ace. "Why are you asking ... Is there something I need to know?" she asked. She wasn't worried that he wouldn't be able to handle himself in jail, it was more of a question how she would be when she was left unsupervised in a way. Would she even be able to still live in this apartment, and what about money? She sighed, leaning forward to place her forehead against his shoulder. "I don't know what I'd do without you," she mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:02 pm

He nodded at her reply and somehow he hadnt just been joking as he had asked. Her question made him shrug as he looked at her with serious eyes, "There's always a risk with what I do," he said, sending her a small smile. He had purposely not told her much about what he actually did, just to keep her safe if he was ever caught. It would break his heart to know that he would have dragged her into shit that she wouldnt even partake in and still end up getting punished just for knowing.
He frowned a little as she leaned onto him and placed a hand on her cheek at her mumble to make her look at him, "You wont have to worry about that, because I'm not going anywhere," he assured her before he kissed her forehead and looked into her eyes. "Alright?" he asked with a small smile over his lips.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 pm

Looking at him, she sent him a small smile at his words. Despite how much they could fight, just as much it seemed they could comfort and care for each other. Sometimes she knew that Ezra was right when they described them as a rollercoaster, but it was far from a ride she would ever willingly get off. "Alright," she replied. moving over to sit on his lap. She had missed the closeness that he could provide, and she wanted to just take it in a little before she had to take a shower. She probably smelled pretty bad, but he never really seemed to comment on it. Probably because nothing could compare to how bad she had smelled when they had met. Chuckling at the memory she leaned forward, placing a small kiss on his lips. "I know you'll have to get to your workout ... But just let me have a moment," she said against his lips, closing her eyes just to breathe in and out calmly.
Then there was a loud knock on the door, making Margot sigh as she tried squeezing her eyes tighter together as if that would make the knocker disappear. Sadly, it didn't work and she groaned softly and annoyed as she got off of Ace. "It's probably just Beth dropping off my shit," she said, scratching her neck a little as she adjusted the shirt she had borrowed. It was rather large on her, covering her down till under her butt. Opening the door she wasn't met with Beth, one of the members of her band, rather she was met with a giant daemon. She looked at them with a frown before trying to slam the door closed, but the daemon was faster, chuckling as he poked his head in. "Don't worry, pretty face, it won't take long; I'll just need to have a chat with Alister," the daemon chuckled, grinning from ear to ear. He reached his hand out, grabbing her by the chin and holding her out to inspect her almost. His eyes hungry as he noticed how she was already practically undressed. "I knew you were kinky Alister, but leaving an offering gift like this is too sweet," Dom chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 am

Her reply made him smile and nod. They were in this together, this feeling of home they gave each other. As much as Ace’s family had been without it’s needs, he wouldnt say that it had been much of a home, which was why he was were he was now. But he wouldnt change a damn thing. Pulling her closer as she sat on his lap, he wrapped his arms around her and didnt seem to care about the smell at all. He thought it was just somewhat intoxicating that her smell was strong, even if she thought it was bad. The small kiss made his grip around her tighten a little but her words made him smile. “Fuck the exercise,” he mumbled with a chuckle as he leaned back in to connect with her lips again.
The knocking couldnt have timed worse than it did and Ace had hoped just as much ad her that it would cease fast. When it didnt he sighed and leaned his head back to look up at the ceiling. “It’s like she just knows when to be convinient,” he said as he rolled his eyes a little. He rubbed his face as she went to open the door, but the chuckle made him frown as he recognized it instantly. He got up from the couch and went rather quickly to the hallway, his face turning stern as he saw the daemon grasp her face, “Shut the fuck up and get your fucking hands off of her,” Ace said in a rather calm yet tense tone as he stepped forward to pull Margot away from the daemon. “Now tell me what the fuck is up since you apparently lost your phone” he demanded, looking at the daemon with annoyed eyes. He thought he had told the daemon to call first to avoid this kind of shit from happening. But he knew that Dom did whatever he wanted and that was why he didnt want Margot anywhere near the daemon.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 am

Margot wasn't one to get scared easily, but there was just something about the daemon grabbing her by her chin that made a cold spread in her body. Dom looked up at Ace as he came in to the hallway, letting go of the human pretty easily but stepped in to the apartment. He looked around, his eyes clearly judging the place but he didn't say anything. "Last time I checked, I don't take orders from you ... You on the other hand," he said, chuckling a bit as he saw how he was protecting the human, scoffing softly. "You are late on your delivery; And I don't take that lightly, hence why I'm not in the mood to call before I stop by," Dom said, his eyes narrowing as he looked at Ace. Ace might've been bigger and stronger than Dom, but Dom always had the upper hand in any fight he went in to. "Now, riddle me this; How does my shipment disappear in less than a week, when I have one of the most trusted guys on the case?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.
Margot backed away from the daemons slowly. She could recognize a fight anywhere, and she wasn't going to end up as a rag doll. However suddenly her whole body froze as she started whimpering with pain. "Better come up with some good explanation before I burst a blood vessel on her," Dom chuckled, his hand moving silently by his side, controlling Margot's nerve endings. Margot whimpered, falling to her knees, her jaw tense as she didn't want to scream. "Oh, I had hoped she was a screamer," he commented in an almost flirty tone.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am

Ace didnt really like Dom but business was business. However it wouldnt be a business that lasted long when the rich kid came to his door and acted as if this was some mafia-like movie. “Give a rich kid a good taste of the other side of the law and suddenly he thinks he’s one of the big guns. Shut the fuck up man, this tough guy shit is not your alley when your best move is some whimsy twist of your fucking fingers,” Ace said as he shook his head.
“You think you’re tough shit, but I see you Dominic. Now if you hurt my girl, your shipment will be permanently gone, trust me,” the daemon threatened, pulling his phone out before he made a call. Margot’s whimpering made him clench his jaw and as she fell to her knees, Ace was fuming. The comment didnt make it better and he ended the call quicker than he had started it. “Let her go,” Ace said rather calmly, but he was furious with anger, so angry that he couldnt even figure out a way to act on it. “I dont fucking care who you think you are, you’re nothing but a golden pig with his ass full of money. Do you want your fucking shipment or not?” He asked, his teeth practically grinding at this point. He had such an urge to release the tension he felt in a face breaking punch, but Margot’s life was on the line.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:33 am

"Oh, but that's where you are wrong, Alister, I am tough shit, so make that call, see what happens to your little pet," Dom said, raising an eyebrow at the daemon that was slightly taller than himself. Margot whimpered as if she felt her insides burning, and she couldn't even move or say anything. Ace demanding for her to be let go, just made the daemon scoff, chuckling a bit to himself, because they both knew that wasn't going to happen unless he did as he said. "I do want the shipment, so why don't you bring it by my place tonight at eight," he said, but it clearly wasn't a suggestion. It was an order. His eyes turned to look at Margot, a small move was made with his hand and Margot collapsed on the floor, gasping for air as she was now released from the torturing pain. "Bring your little pet too ... Dress her up nicely, I like good looking girls," he said. They both knew what it would mean if Ace didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Dom had already done his part of the deal, so it was only fair for the other daemon to do as well. "I'll see you two later then," he said, his face softening up to a rather pleasant expression, smiling politely before he left the apartment.
Margot felt herself shaking, but it was hard getting a feel for everything when it had just been pain a second ago. "Ace," she mumbled in a weak voice, her eyes closed as she was trying to regain control over herself.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Ace knew that Dom had the upper hand with the way he could control nerves. And with Margot here, Ace only had everything to lose. So he just stood there and fumed as the daemon kept Margot on her knees. Frowning deeply, he sighed as Dom made his demands. It took everything in Ace not to snap back at him, but as Margot collapsed, Ace seemed to be able to calm himself. He just completely ignored the comment about dressing Margot up because there was no one he’d drag her along just for Dom’s satisfaction. He just went to his girl as the daemon made his leave and picked her up into his arms. “Fucking cocksucker,” he mumbled under his breath as he closed the door with his foot and brought Margot back to the living room.
He sat down with her and wrapped his arms close around her. “I’m not bringing you to whatever shitshow he’s planning. I dont care how that’d piss him off,” he said in a certain voice, shaking his head. He felt so angry but mostly at himself because now he wondered what had taken the shipment so long. He just stared into the floor as he thought about how he was going to deal with the daemon.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:56 pm

Feeling his arms around her made her frown, mostly because it felt so powerful to her. All of her nerves were on edge, ready to feel that pain again, but when he only held her closer as he sat down on the couch, she could feel her body relax more. Perhaps that was more of a instinctual thing that she had picked up from her childhood, the notion of just waiting for the next hit, but she decided not to think about it too much. His words were comforting in a way, because Margot did not feel up for seeing that daemon again anytime soon. Slowly she felt herself regaining the sensation in her limbs, stretching and bending her fingers as she grounded herself.
"Do you think it's a smart thing ... To go against him like that?" she asked, frowning a little, but mostly because she wasn't all that afraid of getting hurt again. It was more the thought of Ace getting hurt, or even disappearing. Swallowing she looked in to his eyes, reaching her hand up to his cheek. She could still feel his warm skin against her fingertips, so she felt lucky that she didn't feel any permanent damage. "Fuck Ace ... I hate seeing you hurt like this," she said. She knew she was why he felt like this right now, why he was angry and sad at the same time. It was because they both knew that she was his weakness. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling herself close to him as she just felt so cold, despite the burning pain that had just left her moments ago. "Everything was just bright yellow," she whispered. She had told Ace once what pain to her looked like, but that was just a faint yellow. Bright yellow was pain that she wouldn't have been able to survive, and right now she felt like her body was still shaking.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:18 pm

“He needs the shipments. I’m the only one in town who deals with that kind of stuff, unless he wanna go try out the hustlers,” he explained in a low absent voice as he just kept looking at the floor in anger. He didnt worry for his business if Dom truly wanted to cut ties, Ace would only feel happy to have the weasel out of his hair. There was no way he would bring Margot, not even if it would get him hurt. “I dont care what he’ll do Margo. I wont degrade you like that,” he then said as he looked at her with serious eyes. He would rather have her leave him for good than please Dom with the girl that’s the love of his life.
Her words made him sigh as he placed a hand over hers and closed his eyes for a bit. “You cant get tangled up in my business,” he said, knowing they both knew she would be his sole weakness. And there where people far worse than Dom out there looking for a way to bend him. Her whisper made him frown as he held her as close as he could, hoping he could have done something to stop it.
“You said... that Ezra’s sister was the one who was taken by daemons?” He said, knowing she would hate him but he just had to divert Dom’s attention to someone else. “I know the story. About the girl in the bottom of the temple, all forgotten and shit.. Most daemons think it’s a legend. But the rumor says that Dominic’s family was involved in her getting out. More so, it’s said that they still send money for her medical exams and shit like that...” he kept explaining, frowning as he sighed deeply and kissed Margot’s temple. “Dont hate me,” he whispered against her skin before closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:31 pm

"I know I can't, but I would blame myself if you got hurt and I could've prevented it," she said mostly in a mumble at this point. She just held her arms around him, listening as he spoke of Ezra. Leaning away from Ace to look in to his eyes, she felt bewildered about hearing such a story. If that daemon was such a bad guy, why would he even send money to Iola? It didn't make any sense. "So ... Dom's family is connected to my friend's love interest? It sounds like a bizarre movie plot," she said, feeling like she was getting a headache just from how everything seemed to fit together, yet feel so estranged from each other.
When he kissed her temple she closed her eyes, taking in the small gesture, feeling her heart beat a little faster as he whispered for her not to hate him. "I don't hate you, Ace ... Fuck ... I ... You know ... I," she said, but it was like she couldn't get the words out. Grabbing his hand she felt a little scared at being vulnerable already. She was shaking a little, placing his hand against her chest, making him feel how her heart was working double time just to show how she loved him. Of course she loved him, but it sounded almost like he was saying goodbye. "I'm not letting you go alone," she said in a calm yet certain voice. She had made up her mind. She was all or nothing, and once she had decided on something, nothing could deter her from her path.
"But I'm not dressing up for him ... I'm dressing up for you, and for me - To show that bastard that I'm not just a fucking pet," she said through gritted teeth. Looking at Ace, she hoped to catch his eyes. Her own would be very serious.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:48 pm

“It does. But I dunno Margo,” he mumbled, thinking it was a long shot to think that Dom cared, but there had to be some reason for the madness that revolved around the crippled daemon’s story. If Dom’s family really did free her and sent money now after the parents were rumored dead. The thoughts were making Ace’s head ache, because it was all merely guessing. Her saying that she didnt hate him made him nod but as she struggled to say that she loved him, he knew she didnt have to get the words out. He felt her heart against his hand and it made him exhale deeply. But instead of letting his palm rest against her heartbeat, he turned it to grab her shaking hand and entangle their fingers instead.
Hearing her say she wouldnt let him go alone made him frown. He knew she was trying to keep him safe, but this was dangerous business. “You shouldnt. It’s not safe for you, seriously” he said as he looked at her. Even with her eyes looking as serious as they did, his were too. “I want to keep you safe and seperate from the shitshow that follows my work” he said, giving her hand a soft squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:01 am

"Well it won't be safe here either, he knows that if I'm not with you then I'm here," she said. She knew how minds like Dom's worked. They wouldn't stop until they had it their way, and it was a scary thing to think about. She felt how their hands were not interlocked, feeling the soft squeeze that meant more than what words could describe. Breathing out she knew that he was right, but how could she keep both of them safe? "Sometimes the only way out of a burning house is through the flames," she said, knowing that she usually didn't speak in poetic terms, but she hoped he understood. That to get through this, they would have to face Dom. "He didn't demand that we hung around, he only wanted whatever shipment means, and then we can leave, right?" she said, feeling like that was at least hopeful. Of course they couldn't trust the daemon, but it was better to go in to the lion's den than having the lion drag you in. The shakes had gone down, mostly thanks to how Ace was holding her tight. Margot truly needed that from time to time, someone to just hold her still and sit with her until her inner storm was gone. It was still wondrous to think that Ace of all people, the hot headed and brute of a man had so much patience when it came to her. That was how she knew he loved her. Nobody else would've dealt with her bullshit.
"I think I need that shower now," she said, although to be fair she didn't really want to get out of his embrace. However she also knew when she had had enough. She was her own person, she needed to feel her own two feet against the floor and just know that she could do this. Leaning in to him, she kissed his lips softly, feeling her lips tingle a bit, but she guessed it was from her nerves still feeling slightly jittery.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 am

“That house better fucking burn to the ground then, fuuuck me,” he groaned with a deep sigh. He was really hating this with every fiber in his body and yet it seemed that there was nothing he could do to change her mind on this. But oh how he wished that he could. Her hopeful words made him frown as he looked out into the room. He was just worried that Dom would begin to take an interest in her and knowing the daemon, Ace would find the worst test for his jealousy yet. It didnt even matter if Dom’s intention had just been to intimidate Ace, because he saw Margot as someone that could easily be desired by any.
When her shakes seemed to have subsided, he loosened his grip around her. He didnt mind that she wasnt that touchy feely always, though he was definitely a cuddling type. “I need to figure out who fucked up,” he said, running his hand down her back. He returned her kiss but it was like his mind couldnt fully focus on feeling her lips. He let her go before he went to make a few calls, getting up from the couch to pace around a little. It didnt take long till he found the guy who had messed up and no amount of yelling could overcome what would happen to the guy once Ace got his hands on him.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 10:33 am

Moving out of his arms she nodded at his words, going out to the bathroom. Stripping off the shirt and her underwear, she turned on the warm water, or luke warm as it was this part of the Southern District. However she didn't mind the coldness that would interlude with the warm water, as she had gotten used to it. Washing herself didn't take long, mostly because she felt it was a waste to take long showers. Getting out she grabbed a big towel, drying off her hair before she wrapped it around herself.
Passing Ace, she could see he was ready to break someone's neck, but in the end it wasn't her business. Sending him a brief smile before going in to their bedroom, she hoped to see him at least smile back. She sat down on the bed, closing her eyes and just getting to feel herself down to her core. It was her way of grounding herself before she was ready to get dressed. The daemon had said at eight, so there were a fair few hours before they had been quote on quote invited. Sighing she knew that Ace would hate her for doing this, but she just couldn't let him go alone.
She took a deep breath, moving up to stand on her feet as she found some clothes she would wear on a day to day basis, slowly getting dressed just to not stress her body. Once she had gotten dressed she walked back in to the living room, picking up her empty plate and walking out to the kitchen to wash it up.
The day had started out rather nicely, but it had turned sour. She just wished that Ace wouldn't take out some of the anger on her.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Ace just couldnt stand for incompetence. More so had the incompetence got Margot involved and that was a worse trigger than whatever else bullshit that could have happened. He had been certain that hadnt Dom known that Margot was there, they would have simply just gone to get it sorted together, but of course the daemon couldnt stand for his little powerplays. Yelling in to the phone wasnt helping much and as he paused for a moment to let the guy explan, he spotted Margot in the corner of his eye. He tried to smile but it seemed more to be him gritting his teeth as the guy in the phone seemed to spew bullshit. "I swear to the fucking gods, if you bring up just one more fucking excuse, I'll rip the tongue from your face and shove it up your ass so you can get a taste of the enormous amount of fucking bullshit that's coming out of your fucking mouth!" he threatened, feeling his free hand clench and loosen with the impulses that were telling him just to wreck something, anything. "I'm coming to get your ass and that shipment better be ready for fucking pick up, or you will personally go to Domonic's house and feel just how happy he fucking is about hearing these fucking excuses!" he finished before hanging up. He stood for a moment before he cupped his face in his hands and screamed a muffled FUCK! into his skin.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Margot cleaned up her plate, rinsing and soaping it nicely while she heard Ace's angry voice in the other room. This was a part of their relationship she didn't particularly like, mostly because she knew his threatening words could quickly turn in to actions. When he had hung up, she waited a while before she walked in to the living room, mostly because he sometimes had a tendency or need to break something when he was in this kind of mood.
Sighing she leaned against the doorframe leading from the kitchen to the living room, looking at him. "Anything you need me to do?" she asked in a neutral tone. She wasn't going near a ticking time bomb before she knew he was calm again. She could always go out for a walk, but she feared he might get a bit paranoid that someone might follow her. When she felt it was safe enough, she walked closer, taking his hand in hers. She could see the marks from his nails where they had dug in to his palm, even drawing out a little blood. She lifted his hand to her lips, kissing each small mark before looking at him again. Mostly she wanted him to take his time, calming down for him could sometimes be fast, other times take ages. "Do you want me to ... Hold you?" she asked. It wasn't often she offered this lovey dove stuff, but she knew he might need to feel her close, let his mind and body realize she was here and safe with him.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Normally he would have thrown something by now. A plant, anything that would make a nice sound at impact with the wall would soothe his need to destroy something. He just stood there, huffing and puffing like an angry bull but it was just his way of calming down, gradually slow unfortunately. Nothing would be faster than the flying plant but he just wasnt letting himself get the satisfaction, because in a sense he was punishing himself too. “Just... keep your distance,” he said in a strained tone. She knew how to handle him and when he seemed calm enough to approach. Though it was never certain if he wouldnt just snap back at the first reminder.
He watched her as she grabbef his hand and looked at the marks from his nails. His eyes followed the hand as she kissed each mark. Her question made him shake his head. He didnt feel like he deserved a hug when the shipment was still gone and he was supposed to bring her along as well. “Margot I never wanted you to get mixed up in my bullshit,” he said in a tired voice, which was usually an indicator that he would be docile, for now.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Sighing at his words she just looked at his hand, still holding it, letting her fingers caress the back of it. His tired voice made her relax more, perhaps because she knew he was trying to hold himself back and calm himself. "It was bound to happen some time or another," she replied. She knew he had been in denial about that for a long time, but Margot didn't see her life as ending peacefully in her sleep. Not with the life she had lived thus far. "I know the risk of being with you, but we have a deal still," she said. Their deal wasn't like the one a normal pureblood daemon made with it's victim. It was more like a promise. Margot was the ride or die kind of girl, and she had promised him that no matter what, she would stay with him. Even if he broke up with her, she would be there if he came back. Maybe she was naive, maybe weak, or maybe just a bit of both. But she knew where her loyalty was.
"It's just a quick drop off, and then we can go out like we agreed - You won't even think about it when I'm forcing you to dance with me," she said in a serious voice, placing her free hand against his cheek. She had her moments. Moments where she just seemed so capable of expressing her love for him, but it was always rather thoughtful and carefully done. "And I'll be drunk enough that you'll have to haul me over your shoulder on your way home, laughing your ass off because I wanted to fight some girl for looking at you," she said, flashing a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:09 pm

Her reply wasnt much consolation, but it was what it was. They couldnt back out now, at least if they wanted Dom to leave them alone. He frowned when she mentioned their deal, shaking his head at her, "Dont hold that shit over my head. I know we made a deal, but I also promised to protect you so you wouldnt ever hurt again," he said in a defeated tone, thinking it was more a jab in the side than anything.
She made it sound so simply when his gut was telling him that it wouldnt be. He felt her hand against his cheek and looked at her as she managed to make him smile a little. He placed a hand over hers and entangled his fingers between hers, making a firm grip on the back of her hand. "If I know drunk you well, and I do.... She wouldnt stand a chance," he chuckled softly before shaking his head. He didnt know how the human worked wonders like she did, but he wasnt complaining. "I should get dressed and then go find the guy," he said, pulling her hand off his cheek to kiss her palm before he let her hand go. He went to the bedroom and decided to just hop into a pair of jeans and a nicely black button-up shirt. "I wont be long," he assured her with a small smile but he knew as soon as he would step out the door, all her efforts to make him smile would have been for nothing - Or well, it made him more bearable to be around in their home.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:49 pm

"Alright, I guess I can't keep you here forever," she said, but she didn't sound defeated. She often liked when he went out and did his thing, because it meant she could take some time and focus on herself. She had faith in him. He was one of the only people in her life that she could actually depend on, and she trusted that he could handle it and be back in time for her to have finished her own things. As he came back dressed, she let her eyes wander up and down him, wanting to strip him down just to see his muscles once more. "Before you go, I need some sugar," she said, her voice a bit teasing as she wanted him to keep his head cool around her for as long as he was inside the apartment. She went to him, wrapping her arms around his neck before pulling herself closer to him. Her lips sought his, finding them with ease and letting them dance gently together before she knew she needed to let go. Margot wasn't sentimental, but she did care for him, and kissing him goodbye was always something she had tried to keep to. "I might stop by Beth, I need my shirt and it's my time to store our gear," she said, shrugging a little as she didn't mind carrying stuff. She might look like a skinny girl, but she did have some muscle on her body.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 pm

Her words made a faint smile appear on his lips but he wasnt sure how to feel about it. The whole situation was just putting him off and it was all because he worried what would happen to her if Dom had some crazy scheme in his head. Ace just hoped that if things got bad, knowing about that daemon girl could be some sort of bargaining chip. He let her wrap her arms around him before he greeted her lips in a tender kiss. He pressed her a little close, as their kiss ended, he hugged her close for a moment. "Alright. I'll come home straight away once I've sorted the bullshit with that shipment," he said in a hopeful tone, but then he had to go off.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Margot watched as he left, sighing to herself as she decided to grab her wallet, phone and shoes, heading out the door and locking the door after her. A few hours passed, and a message popped on to Ace's phone.

[Messages between Margot and Ace]
[Margot:] I'm thinking of you
[Margot:] Anything new?

However Ace should've known by now that this wasn't how she texted him. She never texted him unless something important had happened, and mostly she saved conversation to when they saw each other.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 pm

The shipment had been found after a few hours of intensive search and Ace felt a rush of relief fall over him. He didnt even bother to yell another word at the guy who had fucked up. His phone buzzed and he picked it up just as he stood by his car. He had been ready to go in to drive back home. The messages made him frown a little before he clenched his fist hard. "You've gotta be shitting me," he muttered angrily before he decided to just call her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love is a strange size   Love is a strange size - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Love is a strange size
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next